Terminator 4 - Salvation

So from what im seeing on a couple sites, it looks like this is actually gonna happen in the summer of 2009

Seems like it is gonna take place after the events of T3 and will focus on the actual war between man and Skynet.

McG is tapped to direct, and of this morning, it looks like Christian Bale is gonna take over the role of John Conner.

Kind of a kick in the teeth to the guy who played adult John in the last one, but i didnt think he had the chops to carry an action movie anyway.

What do you think of the odds are of an Arnold Cameo? I always thought a great way to involve him when he got older was to have him play a small part as one of the men who created the original T-100, perhaps he just decided to make the android he sent back look like a young version of himself.

So, thoughts on a 4th movie in the trilogy, the choice of McG and Bale ?

–JB

Ah, can’t wait. Bale seems like a good choice.

The last terminator movie sucked, and I will try to forget I ever saw it.

I think that Bale has the acting and action chops to carry most flicks that he chooses. Should be an interesting film to actually see how John Conner turns out considering what a whiney bitch he starts out as.

S

Christian Bale kicks ass. This pretty much means John Conner will have to man up as a character.

In dreamworld, Arnold would be able to pull a Conan again, get jacked, and fight an also jacked Christian Bale who would be jacked from working out for his second Batman movie. I know it wouldn’t happen but it would be really cool.

I’m always thrown when people trump up how Brad Pitt or Matt Mcconaughey in shape on film. You wanna see real dedication to a role? Look at Christain Bale and Edward Norton. Both these guys are way more talented as actors and are also way more capable of changing their physiques in adapting themselves for a role.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Christian Bale kicks ass. This pretty much means John Conner will have to man up as a character.

In dreamworld, Arnold would be able to pull a Conan again, get jacked, and fight an also jacked Christian Bale who would be jacked from working out for his second Batman movie. I know it wouldn’t happen but it would be really cool.

I’m always thrown when people trump up how Brad Pitt or Matt Mcconaughey in shape on film. You wanna see real dedication to a role? Look at Christain Bale and Edward Norton. Both these guys are way more talented as actors and are also way more capable of changing their physiques in adapting themselves for a role. [/quote]

I second that. Norton from Primal Fear to American History X and Bale from American Psycho to Machinist and back to Batman. Both of these guys are some of the top actors of our generation.

If the period of the film is right after SkyNet takes over, I doubt we’ll see Arnold because the T-101s didn’t come out until the war was just about over.

…And I feel like a complete nerd for writing that.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
If the period of the film is right after SkyNet takes over, I doubt we’ll see Arnold because the T-101s didn’t come out until the war was just about over.

…And I feel like a complete nerd for writing that.[/quote]

I’ll see you at the Star Trek convention. lol

A Terminator movie without Arnold? wow…never thought I’d see that. Bale sounds like a good choice for lead role as John Connor. The other actor in that role sucked. Well, the teenage John in T2 suited the part, but the adult Johns were crap.

It’s not Terminator without Arnold.

Oooh, this is the first I’ve heard about it; I’m excited!

Let’s not forget about Linda Hamilton. I’d love to see her come back.

Oh, and Dr. Silverman–his cameo was the only entertaining scene in part III.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

…And I feel like a complete nerd for writing that.

I’ll see you at the Star Trek convention. lol

A Terminator movie without Arnold? wow…never thought I’d see that. Bale sounds like a good choice for lead role as John Connor. The other actor in that role sucked. Well, the teenage John in T2 suited the part, but the adult Johns were crap.[/quote]

After T3, I think Ahnold should hang up the role as he sucked it up big time in that one.

It’s hard to believe that Bale, who seems to be trying to craft himself a respectable career, would attach himself to something like this.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

I’m always thrown when people trump up how Brad Pitt or Matt Mcconaughey in shape on film. You wanna see real dedication to a role? Look at Christain Bale and Edward Norton. Both these guys are way more talented as actors [/quote]

See, I actually think Pitt is a great actor, or at least has the ability to be a great actor. I really don’t count Bale and Norton (I’m a huge fan of both) as being superior to Pitt talentwise. Mcconaughey there’s no doubt, that man kinda sucks.

I thought T3 was great. Not as good as the first two, but I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Bring on T4! (as long as Arnie has SOME part in it)

Truthfully the third film should have been about the war. With a little bit of back story explaining how John survived the nuclear holacaust.

It just stunk of shit when they had another better machine coming bakc to kill j connor again. I laughed at its 12 rating here in the UK.

This could be better. But I think the terminator series really ended with number 2.

I’ve seen some (most) reports of Bale being John Connor, and other reports of him playing the Terminator. Truthfully, I don’t know which I’d rather see him as, since he’d be kickass in either part.

I also saw some reports of talks with Vin Diesel about playing Termy, but that before any mention of Bale attached to the project.

I read on one site:
“Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins” will reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span. The film is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind.

So does this mean we can “look forward” to another three movies? Ugh.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[/quote]

“Ugh”!? How dare you.

With the ‘quality’ of the movies I’ve been seeing lately, I’d gladly get excited for another 20 Terminator movies.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:

“Ugh”!? How dare you.

With the ‘quality’ of the movies I’ve been seeing lately, I’d gladly get excited for another 20 Terminator movies.[/quote]

Sorry, but there are too few “part 4’s” of any series that are genuinely entertaining.

Unless, of course, the above movie is Part 5…

And this is part 6. :wink:

Terminator without Arnold is like Rocky without Stallone…

I would say it was like Batman without Michael Keaton, but for some reason, the latest installment did really well with Christian Bale. Peronsally, I boycotted that film, and intend to boycott Terminator 4…

Are you kidding? Michael Keaton sucked big time as Batman! The first 3 Batman films made in the 1990s were an absolute travesty in my opinion. Batman Begins was the only decent one out of the lot. The rest were a joke in comparison.

Kristanna Loken as the T-X in Terminator 3 really made the film. Hottest chick EVER! I thought it was worth watching, just to see her dressed in red leathers kicking ass. The story line in T-3 was cool enough, but it was starting to get a bit stale and cheesy. I’d like to see them get a bit more serious and in-depth in the next installment, just like Batman Begins got more serious with Batman, which gave the Batman movies a shot of fresh air.