Tennis Elbow

I started lifting again after a long layoff. While doing hammer curls, I felt a ‘pop’ in my elbow. When I went to the doctor, he told me I have tennis elbow! From lifting, and I wasn’t really lifting heavy!

I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and if/how were you able to work around it. I have a few rehab lifts I was shown, but I’d still like to bench, do shoulders, etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

LMBO!! As soon as I post this, two other post come up that talk about the same stuff!

Well, thanks for looking I guess! =D

I hear you brother. In fact, I’m getting over a tennis elbow right now and I have a mild history of it. I was doing heavy skullcrushers that day. I got home and my elbow began to throb. Here is what I did:

Marched over to walmart and picked up some Glucosamine with MSM (500mg each)and downed that for a week. Also get yourself some joint “Vapo-rub” of some sort. I have Lakota. A week and a half later, I’m healed. But when U get back into it, warm up about twice as much as you’re used to. Also, take 500-2000 mg of glucosmine everyday there after to prevent any further damage (Doctors orders). I hope this helps Dude!

One day, Ken complained to his friend, ‘My elbow really hurts. I guess I should see a Doctor.’

His friend offered, ‘Don’t do that! There’s a computer at the chemists that can diagnose anything, quicker than a doctor. Simply put in a sample of your urine and the computer will diagnose your problem and tell what you can do about it. It only costs $10.00.’

Ken figured he had nothing to lose, so he filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the chemists. Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $10.00. The computer started making some noises and the various lights started flashing. After a brief pause out popped a small slip of paper on which was printed:

You have tennis elbow.
Soak your arm in warm water.
Avoid heavy labour.
It will be better in two weeks.

Later that evening while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical science forever, he began to wonder if this machine could be fooled. He decided to give it a try. He mixed together some tap water, a stool sample from his dog and urine samples from his wife and daughter. To top it off, he masturbated into the concoction. He went back to the chemists, located the machine, poured in the sample and deposited the $10.00. The machine again made the usual noise and printed out the following analysis:

Your tap water is too hard
Get a water softener
Your dog has worms
Give him vitamins
Your daughter’s using cocaine
Put her in a rehabilitation clinic
Your wife’s pregnant - twin girls
They aren’t yours
Get a lawyer
And if you don’t stop jerking off, your tennis elbow will never get better.