Tennessee Titans - What Happened?

What happened? I am speechless. I have to say that they are the worst team in the NFL right now. Was last year just a fluke, or is this just terrible luck combined with lackluster play?

Just be happy you’re not the Leafs, Detroit Lions of the NHL :frowning:

No Albert Haynesworth taking up double teams to free up the other down linemen. Linebackers are not as free to make plays and two or three rookie defensive backs starting. The offense giving up good field position all adds up to their season. Not a Titans fan, I like the Raiders so I am used to what is going on over there.

[quote]AlexDZ wrote:
No Albert Haynesworth taking up double teams to free up the other down linemen. Linebackers are not as free to make plays and two or three rookie defensive backs starting. The offense giving up good field position all adds up to their season. Not a Titans fan, I like the Raiders so I am used to what is going on over there.[/quote]

I remember joking that Albert Haynesworth was the Titans, but it might be feasible. They really need to completely redo everything and find out how to run the ball efficiently and how to fix the defense.

Tampa is worst than the Titans. I’m a Pats fan, and the post game they mentioned that, Titans were without 3 guys in the secondary of course the Pats would exploit that.

even though the rams pushed a game into over time, i would say that there the worst team in the NFL, they got like 5 guys that actually should be starting. there basicly a team full of backups.

I vote Redskins as the worst. Tennessee has a proven coach that can turn things around and a patient owenership. Rams are rebuilding and have a good coach in Spags, Tampa is questionable. Redskins are fucked from ownership down, will have a new coach in the next couple of weeks. They have no offense and the defense is not as good as they think they are. But I am a Dallas fan so I love it when the Foreskins are in shambles.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I vote Redskins as the worst. Tennessee has a proven coach that can turn things around and a patient owenership. Rams are rebuilding and have a good coach in Spags, Tampa is questionable. Redskins are fucked from ownership down, will have a new coach in the next couple of weeks. They have no offense and the defense is not as good as they think they are. But I am a Dallas fan so I love it when the Foreskins are in shambles.[/quote]

The skins are terrible. All of the teams that beat them came into the game winless!wtf!
And the Titans; well, their defense is shit and they have a QB who is over the hill.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I vote Redskins as the worst. Tennessee has a proven coach that can turn things around and a patient owenership. Rams are rebuilding and have a good coach in Spags, Tampa is questionable. Redskins are fucked from ownership down, will have a new coach in the next couple of weeks. They have no offense and the defense is not as good as they think they are. But I am a Dallas fan so I love it when the Foreskins are in shambles.[/quote]

as a skins fan, I will say the D is ok, and sometimes good. They’re not bad, the offense is just pathetic.
Campbell has ok stats but he can’t get it done. The WRs suck balls, Portis is done, the O-line is awful and Cooley is awesome. That’s all we got. Oh and our kicker is having a good year, lol

Jehovasfitness, who do you believe they will get to replace Zorn? I say Shanahan.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Jehovasfitness, who do you believe they will get to replace Zorn? I say Shanahan.[/quote]

I have no clue. They’ll offer them a lot of money that’s all I can say for certain

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Jehovasfitness, who do you believe they will get to replace Zorn? I say Shanahan.[/quote]

There are some good coaches avaialable but I am not sure they will fit in at Washington.

Gruden, Cowher, and Shannahan.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shannahanin Houston with his son if Kubiak doesn’t win at least 9 games in Houston. However I would rather have Gruden or Cowher.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
DJHT wrote:
I vote Redskins as the worst. Tennessee has a proven coach that can turn things around and a patient owenership. Rams are rebuilding and have a good coach in Spags, Tampa is questionable. Redskins are fucked from ownership down, will have a new coach in the next couple of weeks. They have no offense and the defense is not as good as they think they are. But I am a Dallas fan so I love it when the Foreskins are in shambles.

as a skins fan, I will say the D is ok, and sometimes good. They’re not bad, the offense is just pathetic.
Campbell has ok stats but he can’t get it done. The WRs suck balls, Portis is done, the O-line is awful and Cooley is awesome. That’s all we got. Oh and our kicker is having a good year, lol[/quote]

Is portis bad? I thought he just had 98 yards rushing last week and 107 this week? Seriously, if the opposing Defense doesn’t respect your passing game, they are just going to lock down the running game. Even a bad defense can take away one aspect of your game. I wouldnt’ be so quick to want portis out of there. If you get a guy who can throw the ball and make teams respect your passing game, maybe get some guys to actually run block, and get a coach who can, you know not make absolutely horrible play calls, then portis will do better. And if portis does better, that means he would be doing like 120-150 over the last two games and he probably scores a few more TD’s.

V

Kerry Collins was playing well above his means last year, and he has never been a QB to string together multiple good seasons. Not to mention he is closing in on 40. There is a reason hes been a journeyman. Tennessee also continues to neglect its WR situation, which has been pretty dreadful since Derrick Mason left. As was mentioned earlier, their defense has also been ravaged.

Theyve let key players like Albert Haynesworth, Antwan Odom, and Samari Rolle leave in recent years, and now their defense is hemorrhaging 33 points a game. Thats a little bit why the Titans are struggling =P

[quote]Vegita wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
DJHT wrote:

Campbell has ok stats but he can’t get it done. The WRs suck balls, Portis is done, the O-line is awful and Cooley is awesome. That’s all we got. Oh and our kicker is having a good year, lol

Is portis bad? I thought he just had 98 yards rushing last week and 107 this week? Seriously, if the opposing Defense doesn’t respect your passing game, they are just going to lock down the running game. Even a bad defense can take away one aspect of your game. I wouldnt’ be so quick to want portis out of there. If you get a guy who can throw the ball and make teams respect your passing game, maybe get some guys to actually run block, and get a coach who can, you know not make absolutely horrible play calls, then portis will do better. And if portis does better, that means he would be doing like 120-150 over the last two games and he probably scores a few more TD’s.

V[/quote]

As a skins fan I have to agree with DHT’s assessment. Our owner is flat out incompetent. Zorn should not have been made headcoach. He came to Washington to be an offensive coordinator and I don’t think he has the experience and confidence to keep the team together during what will probably be a losing season. Campbell has not matured into a quarterback who could get us into the playoffs, let alone ever win a superbowl, just no good under pressure. Portis is still a good running back, but is past his prime. He’ll probably get 1000 this season if he doesn’t get hurt, but he won’t set any records. Our receivers can’t catch the few good balls that Campbell does throw, and while our defense is strong, they will give up if they don’t have an offense that can score enough points to make them competitive.

they has a few unlucky breaks earlier in the season, and now they’re playing without their top 3 cornerbacks. i don’t really think haynesworth made that team last year. i don’t think the titans will fare any better wit VY at the helm.