Tennessee Powerlifting Gyms

Anyone have a sweet gym in northern central Tennessee (Clarksville)?

I’m heading to school down there in month, and need some place to lift. And preferably a person to lift with who is way stronger/more knowledgeable than me (not hard to do).

Thanks.

[quote]boyscout wrote:

I’m heading to school down there in month, and need some place to lift. And preferably a person to lift with who is way stronger/more knowledgeable than me (not hard to do).

Thanks.[/quote]

Powerlifting Gyms in TN:
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

Cell Block Gym Manchester TN
CrossFit Memphis Memphis TN
Iron Chain Barbell Club Woodbury TN
Phoenix Fitness Studio Bolivar TN
Prayer House Fitness Cookeville TN
The Iron Playground Chattanooga TN
The Power Pit Gym Chattanooga TN

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

[quote]NASAKYCHAIRMAN wrote:
boyscout wrote:

Thanks.

Powerlifting Gyms in TN:

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL[/quote]

Thanks!

None near clarksville. Sad story.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
NASAKYCHAIRMAN wrote:
boyscout wrote:

Thanks.

Powerlifting Gyms in TN:

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Thanks!

None near clarksville. Sad story.

[/quote]

You can try doing a google search for gyms near Clarksville,TN.

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Just wanted to let you know there is a CrossFit garage gym in Clarksville if you wanted to just come use the lifting platforms.

On the look out for one in the memphis area, gonna have to look at this crossfitmemphis. How does crossfit and powerlifting come together??

[quote]CRise wrote:
On the look out for one in the memphis area, gonna have to look at this crossfitmemphis. How does crossfit and powerlifting come together??[/quote]

They typically have pretty good equipment and share the “hardcore” attitude. I’ve read about a lot of CF gyms that have powerlifters or strongmen training out of them.

Just don’t drink the koolaid there. :smiley:

If you are going to APSU, check into to campus facilities before you get too far ahead of yourself. They have a Foy Rec. Center that cost approx $11.3 million that looks very well equipped and open from 6 am to 10 pm.
Remember, free is good!

I believe Iron Playground has been closed for a couple years. .

Cell Block is the shit. Brent Tracey and the other guys there have a real good crew, good equipment- defintely a go-to place for multi-ply lifters in central TN.

There’s a crew that trains in Mt Juliet- Wade Johnson and few other folks. That may be closer for you. Wade’s a good guy and he’s been in the sport for while.

You could probably get a contact for either of these clubs if you go over to the SPF website and ask around.