Tendons

How long does it take them to recover and compensate after a workout? I know they make progress slower than muscles. But does that mean they take longer to heal, or that they just compensate less after each workout?

[quote]Jagrazor wrote:
How long does it take them to recover and compensate after a workout? I know they make progress slower than muscles. But does that mean they take longer to heal, or that they just compensate less after each workout?[/quote]

Just an educated guess.

Since tendons are so much stronger than actual muscle tissue there’s less damage after a workout so they don’t need the same recovery speed as muscle-tissue.

When tendons do go it’s usually after some cortisone shots (happened to two friends of mine) or after steroid use. When using AAS the muscle (strength)grows quicker than the tendon (strength) so the tendon will be the weak link.

I think for the average trainer it’s nothing to worry too much about, warm up well and do you streching and you’ll be fine.

Was there any specific reason for this question or you’re just being curious?

Any doctors here who have a scientific answer?

[quote]Mr. Moose wrote:
Jagrazor wrote:
How long does it take them to recover and compensate after a workout? I know they make progress slower than muscles. But does that mean they take longer to heal, or that they just compensate less after each workout?

Just an educated guess.

Since tendons are so much stronger than actual muscle tissue there’s less damage after a workout so they don’t need the same recovery speed as muscle-tissue.

When tendons do go it’s usually after some cortisone shots (happened to two friends of mine) or after steroid use. When using AAS the muscle (strength)grows quicker than the tendon (strength) so the tendon will be the weak link.

I think for the average trainer it’s nothing to worry too much about, warm up well and do you streching and you’ll be fine.

Was there any specific reason for this question or you’re just being curious?

Any doctors here who have a scientific answer?

[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=596199

The question came out of that thread sort of. It’s a possibility of why im hurt, since pretty much everything else has been checked and nothing shows up (even when they took a look inside my knee with a scope)

I tought you ment a “normal” tendon as an attachment between muscle and bone.

A knee-joint is a different ballgame, quite complex.

Read your thread about clicking knee, I have the same but have no problems if I warm up well and only increase weight by 10 Kg per set. 10-12 reps with bar only and 50Kg, then I increase with 10Kg per set for 3-5 reps/set.

Will be a lot of sets but my knees stays OK, if I do 20-30 Kg jumps my knees are sore for a week, sometimes longer.

doesnt that annoy you though, I think there should be a way to fix it. Im sure there is, lets find it! :smiley: