Tendonosis Help?

I totally ignored the tendonitis in both of my arms until I started crying from pain when I had to unbutton my pants, brush my teeth, ect. Got several cortisone shots, stopped lifting for 7 months, did all the electrical stim/medicated pads, massage, stretch, Graston, ect. Went to several different sports med docs. Got xrays and mri’s, lateral epicondilitis (sp?) is what it is, the tendon has torn off the bone and has leaked callogen (sp?) and made lots of scar tissue.

I’m finally back at the gym every other day doing total body consisting of:
bench (flat or incline)
flys (cable or pecdeck)
pullups (palms facing in) w/lifting hooks
seated rows w/lifting hooks
military press
dips
cable curls or cable preacher
squats or leg press or walking lunge w/plate over head

I’m pretty limited 'cause gripping things, deads/shrugs/curls are too grip intensive.
On a good day they feel 85% good.
Any thoughts? I still stretch and Graston and ice 2x a day. I take RezV, Flameout and Curcumin, but will lay off those as I’m going to start Indigo the week after next.
42, 206lbs, 15%bf
Thanks! in advance…

Hey kiddo,

I think BBB might be right here. I tend to feel more aches and pains and twitches during the colder months. Summer is so much better for the feeling of my joints.

tweet tweet

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Do you sleep with your arms covered up? You should because it helps keep warmth and blood (and hence, repair) in the tissues.

Personally, I’m wary of icing, unless there is significant swelling. You need (IME) heat to accelerate repair, not cold to stop inflammation - unless there is inflammation.

Trust me, slepping with the arms covered is far more effective than you would think. Many times I have advised people with similar issues. They do all the rolling/stripping/graston etc and that helps but it’s only when they finally listen to me about covering the arms, that they see marked, continuous improvment.

A long sleeve top, NOT an elasticated bandage, is the answer.

BBB[/quote]
I actually sleep with wrist immobilizers, the occupational therapy lady said “you have no idea what your hands are doing at night, curled in real tight, ect”. I used to sleep in sleeves before that. I’ll go back and give it a try. I try to only ice 1x a day, but it’s been 2x recently. There is inflammation, to the extent that there was nerve damage so now it’s a little harder to assess what’s what.
I’ll listen… :slight_smile:

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
[There is inflammation, to the extent that there was nerve damage so now it’s a little harder to assess what’s what.
I’ll listen… :slight_smile:
[/quote]

There IS inflammation, or there WAS inflammation?

The difference is critical.

BBB[/quote]
Was and is. It’s funny, if my activity level involving my hands is too great they hurt extra, if I don’t do anything for a few hours they hurt more, but if I do things just right and stretch and friction the areas it’s livable. Late evenings and middle of the night/early mornings are the worst.
Found some sleeves that feel right.

OK, but you do understand the difference between pain and inflammation… right? I think you might be getting confused. Yes, there is pain with inflammation, but just because an area is painful, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s inflamed.

BBB[/quote]
I do understand the difference between the two. I can feel the difference between the two.

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:

OK, but you do understand the difference between pain and inflammation… right? I think you might be getting confused. Yes, there is pain with inflammation, but just because an area is painful, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s inflamed.

BBB[/quote]
I do understand the difference between the two. I can feel the difference between the two.
[/quote]

OK that’s cool, I obviously misjudged the content of your previous posts :wink:

BBB[/quote]
I’m not always as clear as I might be…