Tendonitis

let me into myself.
I’m 38 5’8" 170 bf%? I think around 20%
i’ve been a framing carpenter for about 18 years and I know that has taken it’s toll on my body.
some where around october, I bought a bench and some weights. I was clueless about what I was doing, so I got a mag and used that as a training guide for the first couple weeks. I fell into a get big quick mode and started taken all kinds of sups. thats when I found T-Nation doing a search.

From here I started to learn the right way to get to where I want to be. so I changed my eating habits and stopped all sups. except for Whey protein drinks, fish oil caps, ZMA, and a little Spike now and then.
now to my problem.
after about a month I noticed my elbows where starting to get real sore then it went to my forearms (both) right one the worst. Till one morning I could hardly lift my coffee cup. thats when I went to see a doc. and was told it was Tendonitis.

at that time I was told to take a week off of everything ( work and lifting ) and rest. I would be fine. that was thee weeks ago and I’m not fine. it hurts like hell to do anything that involves bending my elbows. has anyone had or have this problem. I really want to start lifting again with out a fist full of perks first any advice would be the best gift I could get today.

THANKS
and
MARRY CHRISTMAS ALL

Use the SEARCH and you can find all sorts of things throughout the T-Nation web site.

Back in July 21, 2000…
“Eccentric Exercise a Solution to Tendonitis?” by Peter Blanchonette

Best nickle you’ll ever spend a rubber band oput it around your finger and press OUT against it a LOT it will likely hurt and even have popping at first but withing even one day you should notice a difference.

TRY IT any time you have free time driving etc.

that and Flameout have helped me a ton every time it acts up I get the rubber band out again, I should just keep it as a constant habit.

Best of Luck that crap sucks,
Phill

Lots of icing I don’t think can hurt and can potentially help a lot. Its the first thing to do for tendinitis.

I would definitely try some stretches to see if they help. There are lots of websites describing stretches for tennis elbow. If you are a carpenter I am guessing that weak forearms are not your problem, so I would start with a guess of too much inflexibility. Tendinitis would usually come from one or the other, weakness or inflexibility. But now that you are already injured the stretching itself can do more harm, even if inflexibility caused the problem, so start slowly.

Tennis elbow braces can sometimes work wonders and sometimes do nothing.

Before buying anything you can first try wrapping an ace bandage tightly around the forearm about 1 to 2 inches below the elbow and see if this helps. If it does you might wear it daily for a while why you work. A tennis elbow brace can put more direct pressure on the tendon then an ace bandage.

[quote]onewall wrote:
Tennis elbow braces can sometimes work wonders and sometimes do nothing.

Before buying anything you can first try wrapping an ace bandage tightly around the forearm about 1 to 2 inches below the elbow and see if this helps. If it does you might wear it daily for a while why you work. A tennis elbow brace can put more direct pressure on the tendon then an ace bandage.
[/quote]

If you are going to try the ace bandage, I would suggest balling up some tape or a piece of cloth or something to create a point of increased pressure.

Put the pressure point directly over the inflamed tendon near its insertion, and then wrap with the ace wrap. This will effectively change the point of insertion of the tendon and create a new leverage point which can reduce the stress to the tendon.

Ice and anti-inflammatories are also crucial. Fish oil is great, but I find it takes a while to take effect.