Tendonitis

I hope I spelled that right. Well anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any good tips on taking care of elbow tendonitis. It’s on my left left and started yesterday while doing TWM. Thanks

Look at article:
7 Secrets to Rapid Recovery
by Christian Thibaudeau

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=551687

TWM I assume means the Waterbury method. It has you do 10 sets of 3 reps. These are heavy weight sets. I found I need to do 15 rep sets with lighter weight to help joints and tendons.

I have used another Chad Waterbury method where one session I use the heavy weight lower rep scheme and then later in the week do the high rep lower weight scheme. It worked great for me.

What’s TWM?

I assume your hot spot is your lateral epicondyle. This is usually causes by excessive eccentric overload of you wrist extensors or microtrauma to that same area. Conservatively you need to start on an NSAIDs program (600-800mg)x3 daily, ice, and rest the elbow. Start some gentle passive stretch or the wrist extensors. When the pain resolves start some light wrist strengthening (wrist extension). Wearing an an elbow band might give some. If you want to be more proactive, consult a PT to receive ultrasound, iontophoresis, transverse friction massage, and soft tissue mobilization.

Good Luck.