T Nation

Tendon/Ligament Recovery vs Muscle Recovery

I know connective tissue recovers more slowly, but are there any good rules of thumb how long you have to back off of tendons and ligaments to be 100%? Assuming of course that you dont do any damage like a tear or something.

I have totally jumped on the bandwagon and incorporated part of this Broz thing into my routine by squatting every workout, and really like it. Im due for a deload week and was thinking I should take this into account before jumping back into max squats.

It's different for everybody. You can speed it up by taking some joint health supplementation, upping your omega 3 intake to help with inflammation, and during the deload put in some of the extra time you will have in your workout into active recovery methods.

HAVE YOU TRIED ANYTHING TO REPAIR TISSUE?

Well, I am starting my forced "deload" of moving to a new apartment for the next few days. I will probably up my fish oil during this period and try to rest up. I did some more reading on Broz and plan on coming back with some triples and maybe doubles till I am training fatigued again.

Just to share, Broz says injuries occur when you take a day off and your muscle recovers and is stronger but your connective tissue hasnt adapted. He says not to jump back into maz weights in this case. I also noticed how when he advises people to ease in with, say 3x or 4x a week he seems to recommend more triple and double work too.

I just did a grueling upper body push day and threw in maz back squats at the end, and I havent been able to get off my couch for 2 hours. There is so much packing I am not doing right now.