T Nation

Ten Years Ago Today...

I have seen Jayna Davis on TV a couple times over the past few years. She does not come across as a nut but maybe she is.

What bothers me about the whole thing is how quickly the FBI has dismissed her claims from the beginning.

If what she is saying is not true (and it very well may be bullshit) the FBI needs to do a better job of PUBLICILY showing she is wrong and why.

If the FBI doesn’t show why she is wrong it just reinforces the perception of FBI arrogance and incompetence.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have seen Jayna Davis on TV a couple times over the past few years. She does not come across as a nut but maybe she is.

What bothers me about the whole thing is how quickly the FBI has dismissed her claims from the beginning.

If what she is saying is not true (and it very well may be bullshit) the FBI needs to do a better job of PUBLICILY showing she is wrong and why.

If the FBI doesn’t show why she is wrong it just reinforces the perception of FBI arrogance and incompetence. [/quote]

Peter Sallinger(?) was not a ‘nut’ yet he published then pursued the notion that flight 800(?) was shot down by a rocket.

If something has no factual basis, why waste valuable resources investigating it. I’m quite sure that angle was looked at. It was only 2-3 years after the first bombing in NY.

Why does the FBI have to defend their investigative process publicly? They have much more important things to do. I’ll turn that around to you and say, “why doesn’t Ms. Davis do a better job a laying out a factual timeline showing why this is more than some pie in the sky claim.”

Anybody can claim anything, that doesn’t mean after each instance, some gov’t agency has to report to the public why it is not so. Let that person tell me and others why it is.

As stated, I’m ready to listen, just give me a little something with some bite. Show me a communique between groups. Hell even in retrospect they found communication between the hijackers and other groups. To my knowlege, nothing like this has shown up in this case. Unless of course you hitch your horses to the Denny’s story.

I’d like to think it takes more than one or two idiots with a grudge to pull something like this off. Unfortunately to date, there is no such anecdotal evidence to support any other explanation.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

If the FBI doesn’t show why she is wrong it just reinforces the perception of FBI arrogance and incompetence.

Peter Sallinger(?) was not a ‘nut’ yet he published then pursued the notion that flight 800(?) was shot down by a rocket.

If something has no factual basis, why waste valuable resources investigating it. I’m quite sure that angle was looked at. It was only 2-3 years after the first bombing in NY.

Why does the FBI have to defend their investigative process publicly? They have much more important things to do. I’ll turn that around to you and say, “why doesn’t Ms. Davis do a better job a laying out a factual timeline showing why this is more than some pie in the sky claim.”

Anybody can claim anything, that doesn’t mean after each instance, some gov’t agency has to report to the public why it is not so. Let that person tell me and others why it is.

As stated, I’m ready to listen, just give me a little something with some bite. Show me a communique between groups. Hell even in retrospect they found communication between the hijackers and other groups. To my knowlege, nothing like this has shown up in this case. Unless of course you hitch your horses to the Denny’s story.

I’d like to think it takes more than one or two idiots with a grudge to pull something like this off. Unfortunately to date, there is no such anecdotal evidence to support any other explanation.[/quote]

Peter Salingers notion that a missle shot down flight 800 was quickly and soundly debunked. His sources (some webpages on the internet) were thoroughly discredited.

While I believe this womans story is likely bullshit I would like to see a thorough debunking of it.

From everything I have seen the FBI wouldn’t even take copies of her documents to look at them. If that is true it makes me wonder how thorough a job they did.

The FBI might be good at tracking down kidnappers, but they have been bunglers in the terrorism arena for home grown and foreign groups.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has been far more effective shutting down domestic terrorists.

FBI thorough?

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=80685

They “overlooked” quite a bit.

Still stinks.

I certainly would agree that any and all info should be checked and ‘debunked’

I just have not seen anything credible from any reliable source.

[quote]FistFullaJonson wrote:
FBI thorough?

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=80685

They “overlooked” quite a bit.

Still stinks.[/quote]

What a bunch of bunglers. Why didn’t they go through the whole house with bomb sniffers?