T Nation

Ten Years Ago Today...

Ten years ago today the Federal Building in Oklahoma City was destroyed.

One of the terrorists was executed. Another is in prison. A lot of innocent people were killed.

Did Nichols and McVeigh act alone or were they part of a conspiracy?

Anyone read the Jayna Davis book “The Third Terrorist”. Any truth to the fact that Al-Queda or other foriegn terrorist organizations may have been involved? Emphasis on “May Have”.

I heard that Fox new’s Rita Cosby did a very good piece on this (yes I said Fox), but I didn’t see it myself. I think a connection could be possible, but I also think if there is no connection the extreme right would like you to believe it so they can say “See were doing the right thing this is more evidence to support our cause”.

[quote]hedo wrote:

One of the terrorists was executed. Another is in prison. A lot of innocent people were killed.

Anyone read the Jayna Davis book “The Third Terrorist”. Any truth to the fact that Al-Queda or other foriegn terrorist organizations may have been involved? Emphasis on “May Have”.
[/quote]

Hedo, if you read the book could you paraphrase some details…I’ve not heard of it.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
I heard that Fox new’s Rita Cosby did a very good piece on this (yes I said Fox), but I didn’t see it myself. I think a connection could be possible, but I also think if there is no connection the extreme right would like you to believe it so they can say “See were doing the right thing this is more evidence to support our cause”. [/quote]

This is simply ridiculous. Believe it or not, everything does NOT have a left or right slant. If the right needed it to ‘help it’s cuase’ it would have brought it up much sooner.
My opinion:
Tim McVeigh was the leader and Terry Nichols was his helper–and that’s it

Sasquatch, you may be right… cool, but from my perpspective it’s not ridiculous, it’s a possibility. Are you 100% certain you wouldn’t hear war supporters most of whom are on the right say “see this just proves that we had to take it to them before they get here”.

Even if there is no evidence to support that there was an al quaeda connection just from that story being aired people are going to start believing it and using it as another justification.

[quote]100meters wrote:
hedo wrote:

Hedo, if you read the book could you paraphrase some details…I’ve not heard of it.[/quote]

I did not read the book. I heard her interviewed on a Philadelphia radio station this morning.

She basically said that while working as a reporter in OK city she stumbled across, what she believes, to be a connection to an Iraqi immigrant that was a former military officer. He was photographed in front of the Murrah building about 2 mins. before the explosion. She also uncovered meetings with this Iraqi and McVeigh. Her claim is that McViegh although angry with the govt. was coerced into the bombing. It sounded fascinating and apparently she has a few congressmen on her side.

No small coincidence, she tracked the guy down after 9/11 and found out he runs an airline catering service in Boston and services Logan airport. The launch point of two of the 9/11 planes.

I am going to order it and read it. Sounded fascinating. Don’t know how much is truth, how much is speculation.

The interview made me think of the incident. I remember I thought immediately it was a foriegn attack. I was shocked it was domestic. Who knows?

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Sasquatch, you may be right… cool, but from my perpspective it’s not ridiculous, it’s a possibility. Are you 100% certain you wouldn’t hear war supporters most of whom are on the right say “see this just proves that we had to take it to them before they get here”.

Even if there is no evidence to support that there was an al quaeda connection just from that story being aired people are going to start believing it and using it as another justification.[/quote]

Elk
no, of course, I can’t be 100% certain. But, until very recently, like in the last week or so when this popped up, I’ve heard noone from the President to lowly little me even suggest a connection. NEVER.

This is what happens when you have 24 hour news and primetime news shows that need to fill space. You underestimate people to think that because we heard it on TV that it must be so.
Quite honestly, I heard it and dismissed it at virtually the same time.

Never once using it as any form of justification.
But in fairness and answer to your question once again, I, nor anyone else I presume can be 100% about much of anything.
Peace

I lived a few miles from the Murrah building when it blew up. One of my best friends wife was a waitress at the dennys where Nichols and McVeigh would meet on a regular basis. She’s says and told the FBI that on more than a few occasions a middle eastern man would be with them. He would always be wearing a VERY fake beard and mustach. The feds took apart the dennys piece by piece looking for clues.

I’m not saying Al-Queda or terrorist but there WAS a middle eastern man in on the deal. The FBI will always deny it if asked. She has no reason to lie.
and she’s no flake.
I’ve never understood the cover up.

[quote]FistFullaJonson wrote:
I lived a few miles from the Murrah building when it blew up. One of my best friends wife was a waitress at the dennys where Nichols and McVeigh would meet on a regular basis. She’s says and told the FBI that on more than a few occasions a middle eastern man would be with them. He would always be wearing a VERY fake beard and mustach. The feds took apart the dennys piece by piece looking for clues.

I’m not saying Al-Queda or terrorist but there WAS a middle eastern man in on the deal. The FBI will always deny it if asked. She has no reason to lie.
and she’s no flake.
I’ve never understood the cover up.[/quote]

Yah, and Terry Nichols is covering for him and taking all the blame.
Why would the “middle eastern man” give 2 shits about the Murrah building. It was a design fluke that that amount of damage occured.
McVeigh/Nichols–what does Nichols have to gain by being silent? Answer me that, and maybe, just maybe--------no forget it, it makes no sense

[quote]hedo wrote:
100meters wrote:
hedo wrote:

Hedo, if you read the book could you paraphrase some details…I’ve not heard of it.

I did not read the book. I heard her interviewed on a Philadelphia radio station this morning.

She basically said that while working as a reporter in OK city she stumbled across, what she believes, to be a connection to an Iraqi immigrant that was a former military officer. He was photographed in front of the Murrah building about 2 mins. before the explosion. She also uncovered meetings with this Iraqi and McVeigh. Her claim is that McViegh although angry with the govt. was coerced into the bombing. It sounded fascinating and apparently she has a few congressmen on her side.

No small coincidence, she tracked the guy down after 9/11 and found out he runs an airline catering service in Boston and services Logan airport. The launch point of two of the 9/11 planes.

I am going to order it and read it. Sounded fascinating. Don’t know how much is truth, how much is speculation.

The interview made me think of the incident. I remember I thought immediately it was a foriegn attack. I was shocked it was domestic. Who knows?

[/quote]

It’s funny last night on the History channel they had a show discussing connections to al-queda. In the show Nichols had traveled to the Philipines 5 or 6 times prior to the attack, met with a terrorist group with ties to al-queda and there was a connection also to first WTC bombing.(via somebody in the Philipines. Nichols had found a mail-order bride there, but had brought her back and continued to make trips there, kind of curious.

[quote]100meters wrote:
hedo wrote:
100meters wrote:
hedo wrote:

It’s funny last night on the History channel they had a show discussing connections to al-queda. In the show Nichols had traveled to the Philipines 5 or 6 times prior to the attack, met with a terrorist group with ties to al-queda and there was a connection also to first WTC bombing.(via somebody in the Philipines. Nichols had found a mail-order bride there, but had brought her back and continued to make trips there, kind of curious.[/quote]

I think there is more on this thing then has become common public knowledge. It just strikes me as odd that those two could pull this off by themselves.

Suprised they could pull it off themselves!
It was a rented truck with a homemande bomb of readily available fertilizer and a recipe on the internet. Wow! A couple of brain surgeons.

Even McVeigh didn’t expect the amount of damage caused. It was a structural fluke.

It’s not always a bigger story than reported.
Remember flight 800 (?) when it exploded. Everyone was so sure it had to be some type of conspiracy. Turns out it was just what it was–a plane accident.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Suprised they could pull it off themselves!
It was a rented truck with a homemande bomb of readily available fertilizer and a recipe on the internet. Wow! A couple of brain surgeons.

Even McVeigh didn’t expect the amount of damage caused. It was a structural fluke.

It’s not always a bigger story than reported.
Remember flight 800 (?) when it exploded. Everyone was so sure it had to be some type of conspiracy. Turns out it was just what it was–a plane accident.
[/quote]

Yeah sounds simple doesn’t it?

Case closed right no need to look into it any further.

Like I said I think there is more to it then what has been presented. I don’t know foe sure but I would like to learn more.

Whether or not the OKC bombing can be linked to Al Qaeda, or 9/11 - All three attacks (OKC, DC, WTC)were acts of terrorism.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about OKC. Not to the extent that the WTC bombings affected me, but I get a queazy feeling when driving through OKC.

Maybe that’s the difference in attacking the coast vs. flyover country.

[quote]hedo wrote:

Like I said I think there is more to it then what has been presented. I don’t know foe sure but I would like to learn more.
[/quote]

I wonder if Clinton recieved a PDB on it? I guess only the HamBegerler knows for sure.

Okay - I take it back. But you gotta admit it was just a little bit funny.

It’s been 10 years

Not a word until now, and now this is gospel.

I need a lot more than some book with vague references and inuendo.

I need more than some waitress at Denny’s.

Show me a money trail.
Show me a communication trail

Hell, show me more than ‘someone suggested it’

And please, tell me why Nichols, his lawyer, or family have not tried to use this as a defense or in some way to help his cause.

I’m willing to listen, but I want fact based info, supported by something more than he said–she said

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Whether or not the OKC bombing can be linked to Al Qaeda, or 9/11 - All three attacks (OKC, DC, WTC)were acts of terrorism.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about OKC. Not to the extent that the WTC bombings affected me, but I get a queazy feeling when driving through OKC.

Maybe that’s the difference in attacking the coast vs. flyover country.[/quote]

I’m quite sure nobody would argue that all of these were acts of terrorism.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
It’s been 10 years

Not a word until now, and now this is gospel.

I need a lot more than some book with vague references and inuendo.

I need more than some waitress at Denny’s.

Show me a money trail.
Show me a communication trail

Hell, show me more than ‘someone suggested it’

And please, tell me why Nichols, his lawyer, or family have not tried to use this as a defense or in some way to help his cause.

I’m willing to listen, but I want fact based info, supported by something more than he said–she said[/quote]

I agree that should be done. I think cases like this get made because someone noticed something and had a suspicion. I think the point Ms. Davis was trying to make is that she noticed something, was interviewed by the FBI, and it dies on the vine. She then went ahead and “made a case” to them and it also died on the vine. I am sure it was not a law enforcement level case but a case a reported would make.

I hope they do flush this out and either put it to bed or proceed with it.

As an aside on how these things get started. Remember the French Connection in NYC. It was started because a detective, who was out partying, noticed that every gangster and wanna be was paying their respects to some guy at a restaurant who he did not know. He wound up following him. Turned out he ran a little pizza place in Brooklyn. He also imported most of the Heroin into the US at the time. Who knew.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
hedo wrote:

I wonder if Clinton recieved a PDB on it? I guess only the HamBegerler knows for sure.

Okay - I take it back. But you gotta admit it was just a little bit funny.
[/quote]

I am sure he did…but it was Billy he get’s a pass.

If you want to know all the theories on JohnDoe#2 as he was called here is a list of links from one site that goes through it pretty well. It is a concervative site.

Read away and have fun.

If we except the premiss that JohnDoe#2 (JD2) is real and of middle eastern decent, then why was this lead squashed. This is the question.

Why would the US Federal Gov bury a middle eastern connection to terrorist activities on US soil?

What are your thoughts assuming that JD#2 is real?