Ten Non-PC Truths

about human nature

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070622-000002.xml

mike

I love the Politically Incorrect-ness. Most of which is just straight up truth.

These two were VERY interesting to me (and worth discussing):

Men and Power

“Men strive to attain political power, consciously or unconsciously, in order to have reproductive access to a larger number of women. Reproductive access to women is the goal, political office but one means”.

Sexual Harassment

" Many women legitimately complain that they have been subjected to abusive, intimidating, and degrading treatment by their male coworkers.

Browne points out that long before women entered the labor force, men subjected each other to such abusive, intimidating, and degrading treatment".

"Abuse, intimidation, and degradation are all part of men’s repertoire of tactics employed in competitive situations. In other words, men are not treating women differently from men…the definition of discrimination, under which sexual harassment legally falls…but the opposite:

Men harass women precisely because they are not discriminating between men and women".

Very interesting read!

Mufasa

By the way…

Bill Maher always points out that young, horny Muslim men is the cause of all the problems in the Middle East!

(So do these authors!)

Mufasa

Ancient artifacts have been discovered that are generally considered to have been fertility figures. The figures were round - fat, by today’s standards.

The women models depicted by classical artists were generally well-endowed, certainly not with narrow waists or with “barbie-doll” characteristics, but again, would be what we consider “fat”.

I suppose kamikaze fighters also were not “getting laid”, and that violent, inner-city crime is the result of youth not “getting laid”, or, even better, not having a wife. It is unclear what the “study” means by polygamy - sexual partners or marriage. Cannot sex occur outside a marriage?? It has been said that wars occur because it gives men an excuse to get away from their wives!

Fairly interesting.

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
Ancient artifacts have been discovered that are generally considered to have been fertility figures. The figures were round - fat, by today’s standards.

The women models depicted by classical artists were generally well-endowed, certainly not with narrow waists or with “barbie-doll” characteristics, but again, would be what we consider “fat”.

I suppose kamikaze fighters also were not “getting laid”, and that violent, inner-city crime is the result of youth not “getting laid”, or, even better, not having a wife. It is unclear what the “study” means by polygamy - sexual partners or marriage. Cannot sex occur outside a marriage?? It has been said that wars occur because it gives men an excuse to get away from their wives![/quote]

The author of this piece is obviously in need of a Freudian psychologist. The assumption that every man is ONLY motivated by sex is absurd. It is a motivation, to be sure, but not the only one.

Psychology Today is a pop culture magazine. It shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Nah. I’d say they just need to get laid.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:

The author of this piece is obviously in need of a Freudian psychologist.

Nah. I’d say they just need to get laid.
[/quote]

Many say the same thing about Freud. Jung got all the ladies.

The stuff about men in polygamous socities is certainly not news to some young men in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah who have been thrown out of their families and hometowns for being “extra” men. Most of the rest of that list is either ignorant or just stupid.