Template to Gain Strength, Improve Physique?

Hello everyone, so I have been strength training/powerlifting for 8 years and want to get into bodybuilding. I have never done bodybuilding type workouts before. I would like to maintain (or gain) strength while improving my physique. Has anyone had any success with a push/pull routine?

Monday upper push
tuesday lower push
thursday upper pull
friday lower pull

if anyone can suggest a good template? Thanks to all

Also some stats like I said been strength training 8 years
Squat 530
bench 325
deadlift 505
overhead press 215

I would prefer to train 4x per week as that seems to be a sweet spot for me. I am 5’6 (yes I am short) and 190lbs

[quote]jkt123 wrote:
Squat 530
bench 325
deadlift 505
overhead press 215

I would prefer to train 4x per week as that seems to be a sweet spot for me. I am 5’6 (yes I am short) and 190lbs[/quote]

Nice lifts!

Umm, have you ever read some of the hundreds of articles on bodybuilding training on here? They contain far more info than someone can share in a post (or would want to).

I recommend first starting off with Christian Thibaudeau’s “How to Design a Damn Good Program” series and “Training Strategy Handbook”. They contain more than enough info to design your own program.

That template you posted looks good because it has lower body being trained once per week but it sub par because it has you hitting pulling muscles an pressing muscles once per week and most naturals need to hit muscles twice per week or once every five days. It might work for you though.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]jkt123 wrote:
Squat 530
bench 325
deadlift 505
overhead press 215

I would prefer to train 4x per week as that seems to be a sweet spot for me. I am 5’6 (yes I am short) and 190lbs[/quote]

Nice lifts!

Umm, have you ever read some of the hundreds of articles on bodybuilding training on here? They contain far more info than someone can share in a post (or would want to).

I recommend first starting off with Christian Thibaudeau’s “How to Design a Damn Good Program” series and “Training Strategy Handbook”. They contain more than enough info to design your own program.

That template you posted looks good because it has lower body being trained once per week but it sub par because it has you hitting pulling muscles an pressing muscles once per week and most naturals need to hit muscles twice per week or once every five days. It might work for you though. [/quote]

Hey dude thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is because there is so much info out there on bodybuilding that it became a little overwhelming. Thanks for the advice on where to start though.

look up kingbeef’s threads

Well, there’s this too. T - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

Lots of good information and plenty of programs in the following :