T Nation

Template Rotation

Hi all.I train 2 days a week and I need some advice from Jim or someone else.There are so many templates of 531 but I want to take 2 or 3 and rotate them through year but continue to train 2 times a week.Help me decide which template to choose.Thank you for your time.

This depends on your goals, your current level and how you like to train.

If I where to pick a two a day template for myself, I would go with this:

Day 1:
Squat: 5/3/1.
Bench: 5/3/1.
Dumbell rows: 3-5 x 10 reps.
Back raises: 3-5 x 10 reps.

• Arms if you feel like it.

Day 2:
DL: 5/3/1.
Press: 5/3/1.
Pull ups: 3-5 x 5-10 reps.
Abs: 3-5 x 10 reps.

• Arms if you feel like it.

I do not really see the need to rotate between templates when only training two times a week, but there is loads of variations of the 5/3/1 set & rep formula to keep things interresting, for example: 5’PRO, 3/5/1, regular 5/3/1, FSL, SSL, Pyramid Down, Jokers, Rule of 10 etc.
In the end I do believe you will be fine if your focus is on the last set and breaking rep PR’s on a consistent basis, it is no need to make shit more complicated than it needs to be. Hope it was helpfull and good luck.

Thanks for answering.I planed to use full body like you suggested until I get stronger and then to switch to upper lower,but sinse I have the book it made me feel like I have to do all variations.

In the second book, you can find a 28 weeks programm, which is composed through 4 time 6 week template and include deload weeks. Can be adjusted for 2days week programm. Exactly what I do since 15 weeks and I enjoy it.

[quote]littlemilo wrote:
In the second book, you can find a 28 weeks programm, which is composed through 4 time 6 week template and include deload weeks. Can be adjusted for 2days week programm. Exactly what I do since 15 weeks and I enjoy it.[/quote]

And why I wrote the Beyond book - just do the 28 week program. Is that not fancy enough?