T Nation

Tell My Dad What Creatine Is!

Ok, my diet is ok key, I take fish oil, flax oil, regular protein, and many good foods and I record them and stuff, every thing is good…

…except for my dad took the creatine becuase he thinks that it is a steroid, I am just starting this thread for my dad to read so please tell him exactly what it is. Thank you!

Wikipedia. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nutros.com

pubmed.com, webmd.com Search creatine and you’ll have many reputable studies.

creatine is not a steroid,if youre dad wont let u take it eat a lot of ish like snapper,(kidding).

[quote]SinacoriFitness wrote:
except for my dad took the creatine becuase he thinks that it is a steroid[/quote]

This is what happens when you listen to the media rather than finding out for yourself. Did he even bother to find out anything about it for himself before he took it from you? Or did he just parrot what the media brainwashed him with?

Sorry, this probably won’t help your case when he reads this. But does he really think you can just go into a store and buy steroids? I mean, where are all the heroin shops, if it’s that easy to buy illegal substances?

If your dad is resistant to actual research, nothing you say to him will matter. It would have taken all of 5 minutes for him to look this information up on his own. The fact that he didn’t speaks louder than anything. Your choices seem limited to…waiting until you grow up and moving far away from home.

Look at the bright side…you’ll have an apartment, a place to bring college girls, AND your own supplements sitting on the counter in the kitchen with as much creatine as you like.

creatine is just another amino acid used by the body for growing and staying healthy. There is huge amounts of creatine in all red meat products and other meats as well. You dad likely consumes all sorts of creatine himself unless he is a vegetarian.

Creatine mono-phosphate is one of the only things that any neurologist feels comfortable prescribing to a neuro-degenerative patient. Neurology is, self-admittedly, the least conclusive field of medicine out there. If it’s good enough for those guys to prescribe then there must be something to it. Your dad should likely be taking the creatine himself if he has a history of Alzheimer’s or any other brain function disease.

5g per day for the rest of your life can only help. It may actually help you do better in school. I find when I run out of fish oil and I forget the creatine I don’t remember stuff as good.

-chris

How did he just take it? Take it back off him if its yours!! Seriously but why not just get him any good book or look it up on the net to prove to him!

I hate people like this who are so ignorant! Of course if you realy cant get to keep your creatine you could just pour it into some other jar that he wont notice it as creatine

It’s contained in all meat products.

It’s basically a useless cell volumizer.

It’s main effect is water retention.

It has no side effects.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
If your dad is resistant to actual research, nothing you say to him will matter. It would have taken all of 5 minutes for him to look this information up on his own. The fact that he didn’t speaks louder than anything. Your choices seem limited to…waiting until you grow up and moving far away from home.

Look at the bright side…you’ll have an apartment, a place to bring college girls, AND your own supplements sitting on the counter in the kitchen with as much creatine as you like.[/quote]

I’m so glad i never had to deal with this. My parents were always supportive.

But, Prof. is right. If you dad is that close minded, then you’ll just have to wait. And who the hell thinks you can get a powdered steroid from a store?

[quote]King of Vice wrote:
It’s contained in all meat products.

It’s basically a useless cell volumizer.

It’s main effect is water retention.

It has no side effects.
[/quote]

Useless huh? I hope you’re joking.