Tell me its just water...

I recently cycled off of creatine and started a keto-type diet; carbs from 1 MRP and Surge, so I’m probally not in ketosis. In 1 week I’ve lost about 8 pounds…I look leaner, which is good, but my arms have definately lost size. Can I assume that this drastic dip is due to a shedding of retained water?

I’d say it would be. You can gain few pounds of water with creatine (when used correctly), so you would’ve dumped that in no time, and a lot of glycogen and water would’ve gone when you dropped the carbs. The remainder is obviously fat or muscle, hard to say which. Although I don’t think you’ll have lost much muscle if any due to only having started all this recently. Don’t stress too much bud…

You’re seeing the effect of your glycogen stores being drained and the loss of water associated with that glycogen storage (2.7g water/1g glycogen). How big are you? I’m assuming at least 200lbs from this sizeable drop. After this week, don’t expect to see such drastic changes. If you do, you will need to increase calories and/or add androsol/Mag-10 or some other anabolic compound.