T Nation

Tell Me How Unworthy I Am

I’ve been lifting on and off for 3 years, lifting well since last September. My girlfriend took these photos for me when I was posing around the apartment naked for her birthday. More pics and infos are forthcoming.


This is supposed to be a back double-bi.


This is supposed to be a front double-bi. Well, if nothing else maybe it gives you a sense of my fat level.

Another photo.

Need better pictures.

Legs. They’re not good, but they’re a little better than they look in this photo.

My best lifts so far have been:

5 x 120kg deadlift
5 x 110kg squat
6 x 95kg bench
3 x 70 kg push jerk

I would’ve done 65 kg overhead squats today, but I injured myself last week so my best is only 60 kg.


This is supposed to be a lat spread. Actually it was when I was posing, trying to get my lats to stick out, that I injured myself.

What do you mean “better photos” … better how?

Here is the last photo I have.

[quote]triangleman wrote:
This is supposed to be a lat spread. Actually it was when I was posing, trying to get my lats to stick out, that I injured myself.

What do you mean “better photos” … better how? [/quote]

Injured yourself posing? That’s fucked up.

Your pictures are too close, for example your ‘rear Double-bi’ we cannot see your biceps as it is too close, sorry I should say we cannot see "where your biceps are SUPPOSED to be’

Yeah, I was practising posing for a few days and somehow irritated something in my side, I think around the bottom of my lat. The next day I went to the gym and it got much worse. I described my symptoms on the phone to a physiotherapist and he said it sounds like an inflammation of the fascia…could this be? It hurts lightly when I breathe in deeply or lift anything with my left arm.

I know the pictures are too close. But you can see my arm in the 4th photo. It’s not much.

If you ask me, based on your numbers it seems like you have decent neurological control over the muscle fibers that you have which is a REALLY good thing. From a size and aesthetic development standpoint I think that there is a lot to be desired. I don’t mean to sound harsh but that’s why people come to ‘Rate My Physique’ in the first place. What do you weigh? How tall are you? I am always happy to hear when people are working the push jerk and overhead squats.

I’m 6’1 and 82 kg (=180 lbs) and 30 years old. Thanks, lately I actually do try to emphasize strength and control over size…also my legs might be skinny because I used to run cross-country. I’ve only been deadlifting and squatting since July, before that I was lifting for my upper body in the winter and jogging in the summer for 2 years and so basically doing jack shit for my legs. Since July I’ve brought my squat from 60 to 110 and my deadlit from 70 to 120.

A few weeks ago I changed up my program and now I do overhead squats before deadlifting on one day and another day I do push-jerk before squatting…I aim to spend the summer getting some muscular endurance back and building a really solid core, but basically getting in shape for outdoor shit like basketball and swimming. Then next winter I’ll move deadlifts and squats back up front and try to push my numbers a lot higher. I expect harsh critique about my physique, I’ve seen what happens in other threads.

[quote]triangleman wrote:
I’m 6’1 and 82 kg (=180 lbs) and 30 years old. Thanks, lately I actually do try to emphasize strength and control over size…also my legs might be skinny because I used to run cross-country. I’ve only been deadlifting and squatting since July, before that I was lifting for my upper body in the winter and jogging in the summer for 2 years and so basically doing jack shit for my legs. Since July I’ve brought my squat from 60 to 110 and my deadlit from 70 to 120.

A few weeks ago I changed up my program and now I do overhead squats before deadlifting on one day and another day I do push-jerk before squatting…I aim to spend the summer getting some muscular endurance back and building a really solid core, but basically getting in shape for outdoor shit like basketball and swimming. Then next winter I’ll move deadlifts and squats back up front and try to push my numbers a lot higher. I expect harsh critique about my physique, I’ve seen what happens in other threads.[/quote]

From what I can tell you have the beginnings of a good foundation and next level training is a definite. Whats your cardio like? Do you do any HITT? Your diet could help us look at the bigger picture and steer you in the right direction. Remember results come from strict adherence to the program over a long period of time. Keep us updated bro.

You won’t like what I eat…when I cook dinner I try to make just meat and vegetables, but my girlfriend’s Spanish, so whenever she cooks it’s paella or something. Too many carbs, but it’s delicious and life is short. Also I drink too much…a glass of wine or two most nights, and then sometimes way too much on the week-end. I drank like a fish for about 8 years, and only working out gives me the discipline to control myself a little.

Otherwise: I eat some muesli with yoghurt for breakfast, a protein shake after I work out (usually around 10-11), then usually a couple of hard-boiled eggs and some vegetables around 1-2, and then some soy milk or another protein shake mid-afternoon.

In the winter I lift 3 days a week and usually swim for around 40 min on Sat. That’s it. Nowadays, since it’s nice out, I try to do something everyday…I lift in the gym tue and fri, do lots of body-weight exercises at home (chinups, handstand pushups, etc.) on mon, do some one-armed pushups, some L-pullups and go jogging on wed, thu I’m usually too busy but I might go jogging, and on the week-end I play basketball and maybe go swimming.

I don’t really do interval training, but in the winter I was constantly alternating exercises like squats and chinups so every workout was cardio and strength training, and nowadays my body-weight exercises are paired up the same way.

[quote]triangleman wrote:
You won’t like what I eat…when I cook dinner I try to make just meat and vegetables, but my girlfriend’s Spanish, so whenever she cooks it’s paella or something. Too many carbs, but it’s delicious and life is short. Also I drink too much…a glass of wine or two most nights, and then sometimes way too much on the week-end. I drank like a fish for about 8 years, and only working out gives me the discipline to control myself a little.

Otherwise: I eat some muesli with yoghurt for breakfast, a protein shake after I work out (usually around 10-11), then usually a couple of hard-boiled eggs and some vegetables around 1-2, and then some soy milk or another protein shake mid-afternoon.

In the winter I lift 3 days a week and usually swim for around 40 min on Sat. That’s it. Nowadays, since it’s nice out, I try to do something everyday…I lift in the gym tue and fri, do lots of body-weight exercises at home (chinups, handstand pushups, etc.) on mon, do some one-armed pushups, some L-pullups and go jogging on wed, thu I’m usually too busy but I might go jogging, and on the week-end I play basketball and maybe go swimming.

I don’t really do interval training, but in the winter I was constantly alternating exercises like squats and chinups so every workout was cardio and strength training, and nowadays my body-weight exercises are paired up the same way.[/quote]

Yeah I can see the diet might hold you back a bit, a lot of empty carbs and such. I enjoy a glass of wine or two myself but thats a rare occurance. Here’s what I usually eat over the course of the day since I am now cutting bit for lower bf%. General tips first though, eat often and eat smaller portions. Drink a shitload more water, cut down drinking alcohol to near zero. Protein is your friend and fats are too - I do low carb diets to shred myself a bit. And by fats I mean the Omegas and natural oils.

Meal 1: 6:30am - Tbls of peanut butter, some fruit, protein shake.

Meal 2: 9:00am - Salmon, cup of high protein home made granola.

Meal 3: 11:00am - Turkey slices, a heap of veggies (no dip or trimmins’).

Meal 4: 1:30pm - Egg white smoothie with natural fruits and flaxseed, couple handfuls of almonds, cup of cottage cheese.

Meal 5: 3:30pm - Protein shake or bar, fruit.

Meal 6: 6:30pm - Chicken breast or lean steak or turkey. Asparagus or salad (little dressing or olive oil/balsamic base.

Protein shake 1 hour before bed.

Drink lots and lots of water 4 to 6 litres a day.

HITT - High intensity interval Training

Start with basic wind sprints. Light jog for a few mintues to get your heart rate up then sprint 30 -60 secs and then drop your speed to a jog for a few minutes to recover. Do 10 rounds of that three times a week. Joggin will plateau you if you dont supplement with HITT.

Take care bro and keep us updated on your progress.