Tell Me About Houston Texas

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
Been here my whole life. What part of town are you looking at?[/quote

Training center is downtown so something near there
[/quote]

As with any city, the closer you get to downtown the more expensive things get. Not sure what your budget is, but you can look along I-10 just west of downtown in The Heights or Montrose area. The Montrose area is the gay/artistic/hippie part of town. Near the museums and such. Stay away from the east side of downtown unless you go way east, but that will defeat the purpose. There is always the Rice Village are near Rice University. Hella expensive, though. Minimum $1,800 a month for a one bedroom/studio set up.

[/quote]

Thanks. I can do 700 a month tops so downtown is out lol

I can commute.
[/quote]

Unless you want to live in an absolute hole, you will be looking out in the burbs. I live out on the Northwest side in the Copperfield/Cypress area. I pay 680 a month for a tiny 1 bedroom. Plan on a minimum 1 hour commute in to downtown.

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
There’s this guy there, name of Houston Guy…

:slight_smile:

Hope you are well.[/quote]

Mmm-hm. Was waiting to see who popped up in this thread.[/quote]

And?[/quote]

And I think he is among us.[/quote]

No kidding?

I’ll have to pay closer attention.
[/quote]
She’s saying its me dude lol[/quote]

I’m not! I don’t think it’s you. lol

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
Been here my whole life. What part of town are you looking at?[/quote

Training center is downtown so something near there
[/quote]

As with any city, the closer you get to downtown the more expensive things get. Not sure what your budget is, but you can look along I-10 just west of downtown in The Heights or Montrose area. The Montrose area is the gay/artistic/hippie part of town. Near the museums and such. Stay away from the east side of downtown unless you go way east, but that will defeat the purpose. There is always the Rice Village are near Rice University. Hella expensive, though. Minimum $1,800 a month for a one bedroom/studio set up.

[/quote]

Thanks. I can do 700 a month tops so downtown is out lol

I can commute.
[/quote]

Unless you want to live in an absolute hole, you will be looking out in the burbs. I live out on the Northwest side in the Copperfield/Cypress area. I pay 680 a month for a tiny 1 bedroom. Plan on a minimum 1 hour commute in to downtown.
[/quote]

An hour? You can drive for an hour and still be in Houston? Damn

Thanks again. I’ll look into that area

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[/quote]

Ha! I’m sure you can drive two hours and still be in Houston. When my ex, a Dallas/Fort Worth guy, and I planned our first trip east he was stunned at how many states we could cover in just a few days. lol

OMG NO!! Move to Edmonton!!

I’ll take you to the Telus world of science and they have this machine that you an make songs out of fart noises !

We can see an Imax film or go in the dome theatre and watch stars and stuff.

Pleaseeee I want friends!!

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:
Derek or prof lemme sleep in your house[/quote]

You can sleep in the strippers’ room.

Don’t touch the pole without gloves.

Houstonian here. 3rd Ward area is starting to become gentrified and amazing with younger professionals. Midtown, Heights, and Montrose is great if your in your 20s-30s. Catbirds, Double Trouble, Bar Munich, and Poison Girl are awesome bars with pretty interesting patrons. I’m not sure what else to tell you, what are you into?

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
3rd Ward area is starting to become gentrified and amazing with younger professionals.[/quote]

…which is freaking amazing.

You can date a top model and buy some weed all on the same block now!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
3rd Ward area is starting to become gentrified and amazing with younger professionals.[/quote]

…which is freaking amazing.

You can date a top model and buy some weed all on the same block now![/quote]
I’d like to move into the 3rd Ward before im 30. It seems pretty vibrant,fun and with just a small amount of danger to keep life colorful.

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
There’s this guy there, name of Houston Guy…

:slight_smile:

Hope you are well.[/quote]

Mmm-hm. Was waiting to see who popped up in this thread.[/quote]

And?[/quote]

And I think he is among us.[/quote]

No kidding?

I’ll have to pay closer attention.
[/quote]
She’s saying its me dude lol[/quote]

Oh for fuck sake. I’m not Houston Guy.

I was thinking Midtown or Rice Military. It is where all the yuppies live. Near the clubs. I live in the Med Center which is just south of Downtown, but not much fun unless the zoo and museums are your thing. I have 3 kids so the zoo is always fun.

Now if $700 is your max budget for rent you will need a room mate. Rent is going up and up here in Houston. People are moving here for jobs, but the new apartments are not being built fast enough. Supply is low Demand is High.

3rd ward is just East of Downtown. There are some lofts there, but there is a bit of crime to keep it colorful as has been said. The soccer stadium is right there.

If you are here for training and you are a home body I would live as close to downtown as you can, just because of the traffic. During rush hour traffic, which is actually 3-4 hours, it can take several hours to get across Houston. It is not worth loosing 2-3 hours a day to traffic that you can not get back.

^I would think that rent should be going down because Exxon just built a huge facility near the Woodlands and more companies are moving to the outskirts, reversing the effects of “white-flight”. Maybe rent will go down in a few years then.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
^I would think that rent should be going down because Exxon just built a huge facility near the Woodlands and more companies are moving to the outskirts, reversing the effects of “white-flight”. Maybe rent will go down in a few years then.[/quote]

I’m in Rental Real Estate, SF and Apartments, there is not enough Supply of Apartments. Exxon basically moved their people from Gunspoint/Greenspoint to The Woodlands. Not a big move. Exxon was tired of paying rent and with 30 year Bond Rates so low they floated some bonds to pay for this complex.

Rents are going up all over Houston. I have seen 15% increases on my properties.

For real.

My loft apt in school cost $420 a month.

Now, the same apt is almost $800.

Walking distance (like across the street) from Reliant stadium.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
^I would think that rent should be going down because Exxon just built a huge facility near the Woodlands and more companies are moving to the outskirts, reversing the effects of “white-flight”. Maybe rent will go down in a few years then.[/quote]
Lol No man, rent will be going UP because of that facility in the Woodlands.

You know that is my job site right?

I have two Nurse Practitioners and 7 medics doing all the medical at that site.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

I have two Nurse Practitioners and 7 medics doing all the medical at that site. [/quote]
Lol, WHAT? You live at Friendswood right? Christ, that is one hell of a commute.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

I have two Nurse Practitioners and 7 medics doing all the medical at that site. [/quote]
Lol, WHAT? You live at Friendswood right? Christ, that is one hell of a commute.[/quote]

Owners do not work or commute.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]SickSex6 wrote:

[/quote]

Ha! I’m sure you can drive two hours and still be in Houston. When my ex, a Dallas/Fort Worth guy, and I planned our first trip east he was stunned at how many states we could cover in just a few days. lol[/quote]

Been meaning to ask: what general part of the US are you in? Sounds like Texas here…[/quote]

I’d rather not say. I’ve been way too open on here with regard to my internal stuff, so I’m trying to keep my external stuff sort of minimal. It’s hard though! Because I like to say stuff.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Lol, WHAT? You live at Friendswood right? Christ, that is one hell of a commute.[/quote]

Owners do not work or commute.
[/quote]
Lol yes this.