T Nation

Tell Me About Houston Texas

I might be moving to Houston for some training

Tell me about H Town!

I'm mainly looking for a place to live that isn't a crack spot for 6 months or so...easy access to downtown

Open to having a roommate...anyone wanna live with The Count of Rock?

SyckX6

A nice city with a lot of culture (museums, zoos, NASA, rodeo, Galveston, etc.) Hopefully, you like hot weather because it's hot as fucking hell. If you a fan of antiques the largest antique showing in the world comes to the city. Crime is high and the traffic sucks. I've heard that the public school systems are not the best.

Thanks. I'm from Ohio so heat is going to kill me. I'm going to be a homebody mostly so I just need an area that's somewhat safe to crash at for a few months while at my training center.

Derek or prof lemme sleep in your house

The beast lives

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Mmm-hm. Was waiting to see who popped up in this thread.

[quote]csulli wrote:
The beast lives[/quote

Meveryday is a step closer to the Hall of Fame. I love it!

Been here my whole life. What part of town are you looking at?

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
Been here my whole life. What part of town are you looking at?[/quote

Training center is downtown so something near there

As with any city, the closer you get to downtown the more expensive things get. Not sure what your budget is, but you can look along I-10 just west of downtown in The Heights or Montrose area. The Montrose area is the gay/artistic/hippie part of town. Near the museums and such. Stay away from the east side of downtown unless you go way east, but that will defeat the purpose. There is always the Rice Village are near Rice University. Hella expensive, though. Minimum $1,800 a month for a one bedroom/studio set up.

Thanks. I can do 700 a month tops so downtown is out lol

I can commute.

And I think he is among us.

Is Houston Guy still here under a different alias. That man was the funniest person to grace these forums. A close second would be RV. I miss that bloke.

She's saying its me dude lol