Teledin's Training Log

what’s your current weight? and whats your height? Great physique.

[quote]skaterhernandez4 wrote:
what’s your current weight? and whats your height? Great physique.[/quote]

215 and 5’11

Much appreciated brother!

31-Jul-2011

Deadlift

I went for it and nailed it easily. Week’s been crazy and I’m ultra exhausted but fuck it, that won’t keep me down.

Power Cleans
Can’t get the damn catapult thing down. Need more practice.

Deadlift
506 x 1 (MOTHERFUCKING PR)

Seated Cable Rows (V Handle)
250 x 6 + 2 partials

Hanging Leg Raises (Dip Position)
BW x 8, +22 x 10, +33 x 8

Standing Calf Raises
130 x 3 (Peak contraction/extension holds)

Chins
BW x 12

02-Aug-11

Squats

Less sets this week as I’m trying to recover a bit, nevertheless heavy duty all the way still. Wasn’t feeling my best but the numbers are indeed continuing to climb. Threw in the military presses as I want to cut down the pressing volume on bench day. Can’t complain, simple workout.

Front Squat
297 x 1 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
341 x 1

Glute Ham Raises (from deficit)
BW x 6 + 2 forced reps (Rep PR), BW x 3 + 3 forced reps, BW x 2 + 2 forced reps

Box Squat (Quad Parallel)
264 x 3 (Weight PR)

Military Press
154 x 5

04-Aug-2011

Bench Day

Unmotivated today. Tried things a little differently. Still hammered out a good 25 sets tonight. Work was kind of full on and killed my mental strength today. No excuses though, looking forward to a HARD deadlift session this coming Sunday.

Flat BB Bench
309 x 3 + 1 forced rep, 309 x 2 + 1 forced rep

Seated DB O/H Press
88 x 4 + 1 forced rep

Dips
BW x 10, BW x 6, BW x 6

Overhand BB Rows
220 x 5

07-Aug-2011

Deadlift

New weight PR on deads. Think I got the form now on the half cleans too but still going to work on that for a few more weeks. Side laterals I held the DBs at peak for a second before lowering under control. Threw the GMs in there because I felt from the deadlift, my lower back is what I need to focus on to keep progressing. Thing I will use this week to set some final standards of where I am at strength-wise, work out my percentages and go from there for another set of successful 1RMs in a month and a bits time.

Deadlifts were video’d, just waiting on my mate to upload the video so I can post it here.

Half Cleans
132 x 3 x 2

Deadlift
517 x 1 (Weight PR)

Seated Cable Rows (V Handle)
250 x 6 + 1 partial

Good Mornings
154 x 3 x 3

Standing Side Laterals
33 x 5

9-Aug-2011

Squats

Not the best idea to curl tonight, popped a bicep tendon again. Should have known better walking in fairly dehydrated and from tell tale warnings last session. Anyway, 11 more lbs stacked on front squats and smashed out another PR. A fairly easy one at that! Nearly in PR territory on the ATG squats too.

Front Squat
309 x 1 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
352 x 1

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 5, BW x 4 + 1, BW x 2 + 3, BW x 1 + 2

Hanging Leg Raises (Dip Position)
BW x 12 x 4

Hammer Curls
33 x 6

11-Aug-2011

Soft Cock Bench Day

No need to say anything, title says it all. Session was beyond shit. Don’t know if it was the shitty eating, the elbow sleeves that I was wearing or the fact that so many people were throwing me this retarded look all night long - probably a combo of all three. Sad when the highlight of your night is the CALF RAISES. Hungry for an animalistic deadlift session on Sunday. Going to revert back to benching before militaries next week.

Military Press
154 x 5

Flat BB Bench
275 x 6

Decline CG Bench
264 x 3

Smith Machine Rows
198 x 5

Nautilus Standing Calf Raise
286 x 3

14-Aug-2011

Deadlift

No motivation today. Weights felt heavy on the deads, but I got angry and smashed out an easy 5 with 440. Cut the session short, was pissing away too much time talking.

Half Cleans
165 x 3 (Weight PR)

Deadlift
440 x 1 x 2, 440 x 5

Barbell Rows
264 x 5

Decided to jump back on 5/3/1 but this time I’m following it as Wendler laid it out. Hit a ceiling with my modded WSBB program. The elbow that I dislocated back in February isn’t being kind to me. Hit a new strength platform so I’m not disappointed. Was great for my squat, bench and deads! A very production 3 months.

Good work on that DL PR, you crushed it. Weight flew up quick.

i do still check your progress thread, keep going that deadlift looked easy mate

Tuesday, 16-Aug-2011
Wave 1, Week 1

Squat Day
65% x 5, 75% x 5, 85% x 5+

ATG Squat: Bar x 12, 132 x 12, 132 x 8, 176 x 5, 209 x 5, 242 x 5, 275 x 8

Front Squat: 132 x 5, 176 x 5, 209 x 5, 242 x 5

Glute-Ham Raises: BW x 5, BW x 3 + 2 forced reps, BW x 1 + 4 forced reps

Hyperextensions: BW x 12, BW x 15, BW x 13

Was in a way a little off putting because my mind was elsewhere during training. Was aiming to ATG 11 reps and 8 on the fronts but didn’t get there tonight. Hit my targets so, can’t complain I guess. Definitely feeling stronger on the GHRs and the hypers were alright. Adding 11 lbs next week on those. Rep progression should shoot up as it has been a while since I really focused on banging out reps.

Kinda ramped up from an incident at my GF’s house earlier in the afternoon concerning her moron neighbour getting sand in his vagina about mine and my ‘bro-in-laws’ cars parked. Wasn’t like it was blocking anyone, we always make sure to let people easy access in and out of their driveways. GF’s dad caught him sussing out the driveway and my car … confronted him (not aggressively at first) for obvious reasons and the dude blew a head gasket. So naturally my GFs dad blew a head gasket too. Was funny to see him shit his pants. Big mouth from 100 feet away, not so much when you have someone right in your face wanting to rip your teeth out.

Hopefully nothing more comes of said situation. Can’t be bothered wasting my time on bogan (aussie rednecks) pieces of shit. Balls in his court. For his sake I hope he makes a smarter decision. If my GF’s dad hadn’t of lost it, then I probably would of been all over him and definitely not forgiving.

ANYWAY … looking forward to benching on Thursday. Nutrition has been spot on!

[quote]jwesus wrote:
i do still check your progress thread, keep going that deadlift looked easy mate[/quote]

[quote]scj119 wrote:
Good work on that DL PR, you crushed it. Weight flew up quick.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by!

As easy as it looked, my lower back couldn’t handle it. Everything else, no problem.

Actually still feeling my lower back. It’s sore, but bearable. Sitting all day at work doesn’t help much either. Won’t be trying that again for a while. Making it my goal to pull 440 for 8 reps by the time my comp comes around.

[quote]Teledin wrote:

Actually still feeling my lower back. It’s sore, but bearable. Sitting all day at work doesn’t help much either. Won’t be trying that again for a while. Making it my goal to pull 440 for 8 reps by the time my comp comes around.[/quote]

Interesting, I hit a DL PR yesterday and felt the same way, like someone was bending my spinal cord over their knee trying to snap it. But on the vid I got the weight up like twice as fast as I remembered lol.

Good luck on your goals, 440 for 8 would be damn impressive

Thursday, 18-Aug-2011
Wave 1, Week 1

Bench Day

Flat BB Bench Press: 88 x 5, 132 x 12, 187 x 5, 220 x 5, 253 x 9

Decline DG Bench Press: 132 x 5, 165 x 5, 187 x 5, 220 x 9

Dips: BW x 10, BW x 10, BW x 11

Decline Crunches: BW x 15, BW x 12, BW x 13

Mentality was there tonight. Benching was a piece of piss. Had a lot more left in the tank. Nutrition is still spot on. Weighed 216.4 last week, last night weighed in at 213.8. Target weight is 203.5 on the day of my PL comp at the end of November. Wanna try and strip as much fat quickly and not drag this shit out to spare my strength and keep riding this wave.

Session done and dusted in 45 minutes. Friday night deadlift delight is up next.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

Actually still feeling my lower back. It’s sore, but bearable. Sitting all day at work doesn’t help much either. Won’t be trying that again for a while. Making it my goal to pull 440 for 8 reps by the time my comp comes around.[/quote]

Interesting, I hit a DL PR yesterday and felt the same way, like someone was bending my spinal cord over their knee trying to snap it. But on the vid I got the weight up like twice as fast as I remembered lol.

Good luck on your goals, 440 for 8 would be damn impressive[/quote]

Yeah be careful with the heavy pulls. Once my lower back strengths catches up, my deadlift should shoot through the roof again. Hopefully my squat does the same as I feel that is where my weakness lies with them too.

Friday, 19-Aug-2011
Wave 1, Week 1

Deadlift Day

Deadlift: 309 x 5, 352 x 5, 396 x 8

Barbell Rows: 165 x 5, 198 x 5, 231 x 10

Wide Grip Pulldowns: 100 x 15, 130 x 12, 160 x 8, 180 x 8 + 1 partial

Standing Calf Raises: 110 x 10, 154 x 5, 198 x 5, 242 x 3, 286 x 2 + 1 partial

Deads and rows were easy.

Sunday, 21-Aug-2011
Wave 1, Week 1

Military Press Day

Military Press: 99 x 5, 121 x 5, 132 x 12

Hang Cleans: 99 x 5 x 2, 121 x 5, 132 x 5 x 2

Rear Delt Raises: 44 x 8

Alternating DB Curls: 38 x 6

Starting to automatically leave the floor with my feet on the cleans. It is becoming more natural for me, however I’m still a long way off. Session went 45 minutes, think I did about 20 sets total.