309 x 3

Nautilus Hack Squat
286 x 3

Glute Ham Raises

Hanging Leg Raises (Dip Position)
BW + 44 x 6 (Rep PR)

28-06-2011

Flat BB Bench
309 x 4 (Rep PR - consider this a PR because I got no help on any rep)

Seated DB O/H Press
66 x 12

Dips
BW + 88 x 6 + 1 partial

Overhand Pull-Ups
5, 5, 5, 6, 6

Alternating DB Curls
55 x 4

30-06-2011

Shoulders were ratchet from the bench day still. Had no motivation to really train calves properly this week.

Deadlift
418 x 3

Seated Wide Grip Cable Row
250 x 4 + 2 partials (Rep PR - Used whole stack)

Underhand Close Grip Chin Ups

Standing Side Laterals
38 x 6 > 16 x 5

Seated Calf Raises

03-Jul-11

Felt super strong today. The animal inside of me was surfacing.

Front squats were a piece of cake and I am confident that I’ll get to three plates per side VERY soon. ATG squats were a piece of cake. I was just man handling the weight. Was aiming for 5 on those but unfortunately I stopped it at four which is one rep better than last week. Guaranteed next Sunday I’ll smash out five reps.

Hack squats were kinda heavy after all that, but I think that is because today I done the GHR with the emphasised negatives when I couldn’t get any more on the conentrics without a push off beforehand. I think now would be a good time to get some rep progression going on the hack squats.

The HLR raises were a piece of piss also.

Front Squat
264 x 3 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
309 x 4

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 5 x 5

Nautilus Hack Squat
286 x 3

BW + 44 x 8 (Rep PR)

05-Jul-2011

Flat BB Bench
286 x 6 + 1 slightly forced rep

Seated DB O/H Press
77 x 6

Dips
BW + 99 x 5

Overhand Pull-Ups
6, 6, 6, 6

Incline DB Curls
44 x 5

07-Jul-2011

Heard some guy saying I only got 4 reps on those deads because I didn’t lockout on the 4th rep LOL rigggggghhhhhhtttttt … not like those last 2 inches would have mattered when I got the 5th one up clean.

Anyway, decent session since my insomnia played up and I was running on 2 hours sleep.

Deadlift
429 x 5

Chin-Ups
8, 8, 8

Seated Cable Row
230 x 6

One Arm Shrugs Machine Rows
110 x 5

Standing Calf Raises

10-Jul-11

It’s ridiculous how strong I felt today. I’ve had this deep seeded rage building up for the last 2 weeks and I think it’s all coming out. Those front squats were easy, I just need to work on some upper back strength as I’m finding I lean forward a little using the oly grip.

Was aiming for 309 x 6 on the ATG’s but I smoked those 5 reps and felt the urge to pile on more weight, which turned into an easy 2 reps with the 330 lbs.

Hacks started to feel heavy with the 264 then I just mauled out three reps with an extra 45 lbs.

GHR’s felt very easy after all the squats. Only thing I didn’t dig with the HLR’s was the 55lb db is hard to hold onto with your feet.

Front Squat
270 x 3 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
309 x 5, 330 x 2 (Double Rep PR)

Nautilus Hack Squat
309 x 3 (Rep PR)

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 5, BW x 5 x 3 (First set concentric focuses, other sets eccentric focused)

BW + 55 x 5 (Weight PR) <5s> BW x 10

12-Jul-2011

Another F-ing solid session!!!

Flat BB Bench
309 x 4

Seated DB O/H Press
88 x 6 + 1 partial

Dips
BW + 99 x 5

Overhand Pull-Ups
5, 5, 5, 5

Standing Alternating DB Curls
55 x 5

14-Jul-2011

Was rollin’ then had to cut it short on the 2nd chins set because when I grabbed the bar my lats strained right in that insertion point with the rear delt. I tried some lat pulldowns thereafter, didn’t hurt but felt the need to stop. No point to an injury. Now need to plan my upper body sessions around this BS.

Deadlifts were a piece of cake though. I could of went more.

Deadlift
444 x 5 (Rep PR)

Bent-over BB Rows
264 x 3

Chins
BW x 5

Hey man, didn’t see you had a log in here. Have you made it back to where you were before the elbow dislocation in terms of size and strength? Strong lifting regardless.

Think the Mavs have another championship run or will age catch up to em?

17-Jul-11

Squats

Another good session despite really having horrible nutrition. This morning I ate barely anything and my pre workout chicken just didn’t cut it so I tossed it and went to the gym hungry.

GHR’s have improved, I’m able to control myself on the decent very easily.

Front Squat
275 x 3 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
330 x 3 (Rep PR)

Nautilus Hack Squat
330 x 3 (Weight PR)

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 5 x 5 (Controlled Negatives)

BW + 33 x 10

[quote]scj119 wrote:
Hey man, didn’t see you had a log in here. Have you made it back to where you were before the elbow dislocation in terms of size and strength? Strong lifting regardless.

Think the Mavs have another championship run or will age catch up to em?[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by.

I’ve got my elbow wrapped but I’m making easier work of 309 lbs (140kg) bench than I did before the injury. I’m one rep off an equal PR on the bench. Dips aren’t there yet, but basically everything else is up on previous PRs before being injured.

The elbow is feeling good despite the COLD weather. Only aches some times.

Size…I dunno. I’m not seeing myself as bigger, outside my legs … but people are saying I’m bigger. I’m not focused on size right now, I just want to get ultra strong for the PL comp that I am eyeing in November.

As for the Mavs, that will come down to the new CBA. Unfortunately they have too many free agents that are unrestricted and well over the previous cap space. If they can retain their team (which is unlikely) I think they will be within a shot.

19-Jul-2011

Bench Day

Gauranteed 5 unassisted reps next week! I went to war on the flat bench. The O/H pressing and dips were down, but that doesn’t bother me. Shit eating, not enough sleep and I was a little annoyed with myself having possibly pissed away $1k on a purchase order I processed this afternoon.

Dropped the pull-ups after last weeks lat strain. Going to give those a rest for a while and let my joints heal up a bit. That exercise hasn’t been too kind to me in the past and atm it’s feeling kind of like it’s heading back that way.

Flat BB Bench
309 x 4 + 1 VERY MINIMAL forced rep

Seated DB O/H Press
83 x 5

Dips
BW + 99 x 4

Seated V-Grip Cable Rows
250 x 7 + 1 partial (Rep PR)

Standing Alternating Hammer Curls
44 x 10

As a side note, I’m going to ACTUALLY finalise my back workout this week. It’s been all over the place and deadlift day has been my least favourite out of the three due to a lack of structure. What I do have in mind right now is something like this:

Deads
Power Cleans
Barbell Rows
UNDECIDED ON EXERCISE NO. 4
Standing Calf Raises

21-Jul-2011

484 went up for an incredibly easy rep. I am more than sure I could have pulled 500+ tonight.

Power cleans … worked on form but it sucks. I don’t know how those guys do that stomp thing. Maybe I really need to focus on it this week at home. I don’t think I am generating enough force. The catch I have in the bag though.

Deadlift
484 x 1

Power Cleans

Seated Cable Rows (Wide Grip)
250 x 4 + 2 <5s> 100 x 4 (Held contractions)

Standing DB Side Laterals
33 x 5 (1 second pause at top followed by slow negatives)

Standing Calf Raises

[quote]Teledin wrote:
As a side note, I’m going to ACTUALLY finalise my back workout this week. It’s been all over the place and deadlift day has been my least favourite out of the three due to a lack of structure. What I do have in mind right now is something like this:

Deads
Power Cleans
Barbell Rows
Standing Calf Raises[/quote]

You ever try cleans before deads? I just started doing that on leg day and feel like it really grooves the explosive hip extension movement. My deads felt really strong after hang cleans… my 2 cents.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

Deads
Power Cleans
Barbell Rows
Standing Calf Raises[/quote]

You ever try cleans before deads? I just started doing that on leg day and feel like it really grooves the explosive hip extension movement. My deads felt really strong after hang cleans… my 2 cents.[/quote]

I noticed something similar with the front squats ahead of the back squats, and yeah I was looking at putting something before deads. I had GMs in mind, but I like the idea of the cleans before the deads.

Thanks!

I ended up taking today off, which would of been my Sunday squatting session. My knees have been aching all week from last weeks session so I’m pushing my squat day to Tuesday. However I think I might go lighter with the hack squats and really focus on getting some rep progression going on.

26-Jul-11

Squats

God knows how many sets … 30 or so would be a fairly decent bet. The ATG squat with 330 went up fairly easy. I really couldn’t rep out much, for some reason I couldn’t keep my knees right on multiple reps. Front squats I killed it, and these 3 reps went up easier than last weeks 275 set of 3. Had nothing in the tank on the GHR’s even the negatives were hard. Box squats went alright but I couldn’t find anything lower so I could break parallel. Ab work was so so. Lacking a massive amount of energy.

Front Squat
286 x 3 (Weight PR)

ATG Squat
330 x 1

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 5 x 4 (Controlled Negatives), BW x 3 (Controlled Negatives)

Box Squat (Quad Parallel)
242 x 5

BW + 22 x 10

28-Jul-2011

Bench Day

Wasn’t feeling it today although the bench went up easy as pie. Not enough food the last couple days.

Flat BB Bench
319 x 2 (Weight PR)

Seated DB O/H Press
88 x 5

Dips
BW x 12, BW x 10, BW x 8

Overhand BB Rows
264 x 4

Standing Alternating Bicep Curls
55 x 3