Teenagers: Weights & BBing Myths

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
APLASTICSPOON wrote:
If you have a 300lb bench and do 500 crunches daily you will be sexay…

No way. None of those guys in boy bands that high school girls scream at can bench 300. Maybe 150…

500 crunches sounds about right though.

i benched 300 yesterday 7 times right after i got my cast off my arm.

Yeah, but you aren’t in a boy band. That’s the diff’ son.[/quote]

yea, im in a man band. THATS the diff son

Just curious, is english your first language, bro? Or even second lang?
Your writing style reminds me of the guy with the “virgins unites” post on GAL.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Your writing style reminds me of the guy with the “virgins unites” post on GAL.[/quote]

What are you talking about? He’s in college!

Heavy weights fuck up teenage bones,… I can vaguely remember that the bones aren’t matured till the age of 20?
Weight lifting, bodybuilding in my opinion is a lot more healthy than the habits other teenagers have.
If the tendons, bones and muscles are accustomed to the whole concept of excercise and hard training, it will adapt and become stronger. (DUH)

Just think of those kickboxers with their hard shinbones.

But training like that kid Powabuilda or something like that on youtube, you’re just asking for trouble.

Lifting wieghts correctly wont hurt anyone. The key is sensible progression.
People are ignorant.
I hate it when people say that kids should only do bodyweight exercises and not machines or free weights. Wat do you think will mess kid up more, doing bodyweight chin-ups when he’s only able to do 3 with shit form, or doing a full set on a lat pulldown with good form?

We actually had discussions about this ina few classes that I have had (S&C grad student), and as long as good form is being used, and you are not going heavy, then it is okay for preteens to do weight training. I would wait until puberty to do anything that is heavy tho.

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

Weight lifting, bodybuilding in my opinion is a lot more healthy than the habits other teenagers have. [/quote]

What, like wanking?

Of course its safe for kids to do weights don’t be fucking obtuse.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
My favorite is bbers compensating for a small dick by getting their muscles bigger. I’ve decided next time someone mentions that to me, I’ll reply with “Well I’m trying to make my muscles bigger so I’ll be proportionate”. 10 bucks says they won’t even get it. [/quote]

Or you could just whip it out.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Your writing style reminds me of the guy with the “virgins unites” post on GAL.[/quote]

my writing stlye is MLA not GAL, “bro”

U know steroids dont shrink ur dick, the reason why bodybuildrers look like they have small dicks is cause its next to there fuckin 40 inch fuckin quads lol.

[quote]Player wrote:
So I was watching TV and there was this top doctor who studies the body, growth, bones etc. He was saying that heavy weights fuck up teenager’s bones and that they will feel it later. What do you guys know about that. There is evidence that it doesn’t stunt growth, but what about that.

My second point is why do people say that steroids don’t build muscle (people say that it inflates your muscles, pretty stupid) and why do they say bodybuilders have small dicks, can’t fight and are impotent. [/quote]

Did your parents let you have the creatines yet?

Since I started lifting seriously 1 yr ago I’ve gained about 1.5 inches after being 5’9" for two yrs so that urban legend is mostly bullshit, and good exercise has just recently been credited with helping growth in some studies.

Wikipedia

"Growth in stature, determined by its various factors, results from the lengthening of bones via cellular divisions chiefly regulated by somatotropin (human growth hormone (hGH)) secreted by the anterior pituitary gland.

Somatotropin also stimulates the release of another growth inducing hormone insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) mainly by the liver. Both hormones operate on most tissues of the body, have many other functions, and continue to be secreted throughout life; with peak levels coinciding with peak growth velocity, and gradually subsiding with age after adolescence.

The bulk of secretion occurs in bursts (especially for adolescents) with the largest during sleep. Exercise promotes secretion."

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
Player wrote:
So I was watching TV and there was this top doctor who studies the body, growth, bones etc. He was saying that heavy weights fuck up teenager’s bones and that they will feel it later. What do you guys know about that. There is evidence that it doesn’t stunt growth, but what about that.

My second point is why do people say that steroids don’t build muscle (people say that it inflates your muscles, pretty stupid) and why do they say bodybuilders have small dicks, can’t fight and are impotent.

Did your parents let you have the creatines yet?

[/quote]

What do you mean by that? Im really not interested in creatine…

So, by what I understand from what people are saying here is no worry about teenagers and heavy weights?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
APLASTICSPOON wrote:
If you have a 300lb bench and do 500 crunches daily you will be sexay…

No way. None of those guys in boy bands that high school girls scream at can bench 300. Maybe 150…

500 crunches sounds about right though.

i benched 300 yesterday 7 times right after i got my cast off my arm.

Yeah, but you aren’t in a boy band. That’s the diff’ son.

yea, im in a man band. THATS the diff son

[/quote]

Then you have to bench way more and stop doing crunches.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
My favorite is bbers compensating for a small dick by getting their muscles bigger. I’ve decided next time someone mentions that to me, I’ll reply with “Well I’m trying to make my muscles bigger so I’ll be proportionate”. 10 bucks says they won’t even get it. [/quote]

Nobody quoted this post, and I think it deserves it.

I’m going to use that line to next time, I think it’ll be fucking hilarious to see the look on their face. Most likely one of confusion.

i dont crunch, i crush. ok sally. lets just leave it at that because YO SOY EL MACHUCANDOR!!

westsaiide yahh boiiiiii

Sooooooooo Live brah…the guy who started that post was/is your alter ego? So was anabolic mike?

EDIT:: My original post was directed at the OP. Assuming player is not your alter ego, I guess ou misunderstood.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Your writing style reminds me of the guy with the “virgins unites” post on GAL.

my writing stlye is MLA not GAL, “bro”[/quote]