Teenage T-Men

16years of age
5’8-5’9
150lbs
Bench: 205, done
Squat: 225, done
Dead: 240, estimated
Power Clean: 135
Wrestler of 3years, my bench is up there high because its the first thing I learned to do. The Squats and deadlifts really need to get up there. I hope to increase those numbers to 225, 315, 315 by next year.

I remember watching an 18 yr old squat 800 pounds and bench 500 pounds in the Texas High School Powerlifting State Championships about 4 years ago so I know the lifts can be achieved.

Holy mackeral! I’d bet my lunch that squat was as high and ugly as Cheech Marin on a Saturday night, but that’s still a shitload of weight for a teen to be playing with. No need to apologize for being a little skeptical, I welcome all of it. Makes me that much more proud as a coach.

14 years old, mainly doing bodyweight stuff

50kg weight
75kg bench (flame me all you like, I put it down to Pavel’s Naked Warrior program)
100kg squat
105kg deadlift
I’m absolutely pants at the other lifts…
Clean and pushupress 50kg
Snatch-No idea, probably abou 35kg?
military press-40kg

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
I remember watching an 18 yr old squat 800 pounds and bench 500 pounds in the Texas High School Powerlifting State Championships about 4 years ago so I know the lifts can be achieved.

Holy mackeral! I’d bet my lunch that squat was as high and ugly as Cheech Marin on a Saturday night, but that’s still a shitload of weight for a teen to be playing with. No need to apologize for being a little skeptical, I welcome all of it. Makes me that much more proud as a coach.

[/quote]

yea the squat was high and the bench was ugly but still impressive the guy was 5’6" and around 310 though very short ROM still cool to watch

Im 17, just got back into weights… I am 5’8 and one quarter inch and about 172lbs… My dead is 470…gotta pic of 445 comin up soon…Bench 220 and Squat 350… I also do dips with 110lbs and pullups with 57.5 lbs…i’ve been lifting for 4 years

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
I would have to agree with the above posters. I didn’t know anybody at the age of 15-18 that could clean some of those weights.[/quote]

OK, I checked the posts, and apparently my clean was the second best in this thread (i checked all posts before yours). Galvatron’s brother has a better clean, and apparently he is a beast.

but 120kg (264lbs) clean is not such a hard thing to do, if you are doing it for several months twice a week and getting stronger in front squat.

So I don’t understand why do you have a hard time believing these lifts are for real.

Well, I can’t speak for others but a few years or even months of serious lifting (westside, oly programs, … real stuff, not bench, curls 3x10…) can do that.

I’m 17, 5’9’’ and a half, around 180-185

Bench 195 x 3
Dead 300 x 1
Squat 220 x 1
Power Clean 180 x 1

Nothing great, but if anyone has any doubts, PM me if your in Bergenfield New Jersey

[quote]Galvatron wrote:

[/quote]

hahah…I’ll have to remember that one.

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:
I would have to agree with the above posters. I didn’t know anybody at the age of 15-18 that could clean some of those weights.

OK, I checked the posts, and apparently my clean was the second best in this thread (i checked all posts before yours). Galvatron’s brother has a better clean, and apparently he is a beast.

but 120kg (264lbs) clean is not such a hard thing to do, if you are doing it for several months twice a week and getting stronger in front squat.

So I don’t understand why do you have a hard time believing these lifts are for real.

Well, I can’t speak for others but a few years or even months of serious lifting (westside, oly programs, … real stuff, not bench, curls 3x10…) can do that.[/quote]

I’m gonna disagree with you there and say that the vast majority of 15-18 year olds could not achieve a 264 lbs. clean with only a few months training.

Weight: 130 (scawny-ass bitch…I know)
Height: 5’ 10"
Sport: Basketball - shooting guard
Cross Country/Track

Bench: 150 (my elbows are meesed up but with wraps I know I can blow this out of the water)

Squat: 300 (give or take…I just know I can to 250 for reps, I have’nt gotten to max out since the people at my gym are all dueche-bags and I don’t trust any of them to spot me in between their squat rack curls)

Deadlift: ? (My grip isn’t even close to strong enoough for that I can pull…probably close to my squat)

Power Clean: 115

I know…I’m weak, but that’s why I’m here!

Oh shit! Babalu’s back (and as big-headed as ever).

Anyways, I agree with the other posters; I like to consider myself strong for my age, weight and sports (17, 170, soccer, tennis respectively), but some of the numbers here are unreal. The only teen who I know personally that comes close to Galvatron’s numbers is my cousin (though he turned 20 this october):
http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/lopez_roberto00.html

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Hrastnik wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:
I would have to agree with the above posters. I didn’t know anybody at the age of 15-18 that could clean some of those weights.

Well, I can’t speak for others but a few years or even months of serious lifting (westside, oly programs, … real stuff, not bench, curls 3x10…) can do that.

I’m gonna disagree with you there and say that the vast majority of 15-18 year olds could not achieve a 264 lbs. clean with only a few months training.[/quote]

i’m gonna partially disagree.
it has alot to do with bodyweight.
a bodyweight clean is attainable within a few months given decent instruction and consistent training.
Given a 250 Lb. lifter, 264 is realistic. we have a 270 lineman who easily has a 150kg clean, though with crap form. he turns 16 this month, all the more impressive.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
I would have to agree with the above posters. I didn’t know anybody at the age of 15-18 that could clean some of those weights.[/quote]

I was thinkin that also.

I’m 17, ~177lbs and my max squat is around 275, max dead 340 and max bench 230.

Might as well do me too…
I can’t “max out” for safety reasons (I workout at home, so…yeah)

17 yrs. old
Tae Kwon Do
Bench- 155 x 8, 165x5
Squat (no rack, cleaned/jerked behind me)- 155x10, rest for 10 secs., 155x10 again
Deadlift- 165x10
Bent Over Rows- 155x7
Pullups- 10 good, 12 on a very good day

So…I basically don’t know how the fuck lol…theres guys 15 years old that are 270lbs???. It’s definaetly possible…cause there’s some big mofo’s like that in my school…obviosuly not all muslce and there is quite a bit of fat on them…but still thats a heck of a lot of weight on a kid that age. I’m 16 now, and only 171. I have no clue how much I can clean…SOOOO I’m going to try it tomorrow…EVEN THOUGH my fucking back hurts again…I think I’ll hit 200something :). I’ll post back

dl-

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:

I was thinkin that also.

I’m 17, ~177lbs and my max squat is around 275, max dead 340 and max bench 230.

[/quote]

My whole problem isn’t with all the weights of the cleans. It’s just some of the kids that are 15 to 16 or so cleaning a lot more than bodyweight in some of the posts. I’m not bashing, I’m just skeptical knowing some of the stuff people post at times. Personally, I’m 19, a distance runner for now (future bodybuilder) and my stats are:

6’1" 180 lbs

Bench 215
Squat 315 x 8 (3 years back, after 3 work sets)
Deads 250 x 8 (last of 3 sets)

I had pretty clean form on all of them and had a spotter to assure I could use full ROM. My cleans are nothing special (only 115 for 12 reps, but I just do them to promote some quickness in the 800/mile). So it’s not as if I can’t throw some weight around if I have to (for running 60 mile weeks), it’s just some of the younger aged guys cleaning a lot more than bodyweight that has me skeptical.

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:

Well, I can’t speak for others but a few years or even months of serious lifting (westside, oly programs, … real stuff, not bench, curls 3x10…) can do that.[/quote]

A few months of O-lifting can double my clean?

16 years old, 5’9 185 (on a good day).
Wrestling, football.

I’ve been training since the end of 8th grade (10th grade now) and have been training smart since last summer when I got introduced to T-Nation.

Dead-305/5

Squat-240/5 (Havent squated in a while, don’t like to do that in season alot because I can barely move the next day).

Bench- 195/5, got 225 twice 2 weeks ago.
tricep kickbacks- just kidding…

I played tackle while on jv football, and wrestle at 189. I’m trying to work on my speed and quickness, as well as build up my strength and power, to play linebacker next year.

Well I’m not following a specific program during wrestling season, just pressing, rowing, doing power cleans, dips, and other stuff to keep it all up. After the season I’m going to follow Coach X’s program on EliteFTS, which helps get you back into lifting and balance out muscular differences developed during football or wrestling. After that it’s Waterbury, most likely.

All of us are really lucky to be Teenage T-Men, if we weren’t introduced to Testosterone Nation we’d still be reading Muscle & Fatness and supersetting kickbacks and concentration curls on a pink swiss ball.

[quote]wrestler189 wrote:
All of us are really lucky to be Teenage T-Men, if we weren’t introduced to Testosterone Nation we’d still be reading Muscle & Fatness and supersetting kickbacks and concentration curls on a pink swiss ball.
[/quote]

Amen to that. It’s tons better than doing the curl and kickback based workouts. Or taking advice to fast for 2 hours after you workout!

Who really cares if someone is lieing about their lifts? Sitting at the computer making fake stats is not making them any stronger.