Teen Pregnancy Drops as Planned Parenthood Vanishes

[quote]pat wrote:
lol on the graph fail.

The peak closing of clinics correlates very well with the teen pregnancy drops. You illustrated kneedraggers point to the T.[/quote]

What?

From 1990 to 1996, the number of PP clinics in the United States rose from about 880 to 936. Concurrently, the teen pregnancy rate fell from 120 to 100 (per thousand).

Again, the number of PP clinics rose and fell and rose and fell and this is not reflected in the teen pregnancy rate even slightly.

The study cited in the OP is about as shoddy as this kind of thing can get.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
Karado, smh_23, Varqanir and angry chicken ALL want to allow innocent people to die for doing nothing other than existing.

From the moment of conception the unborn are distinct, whole, complete human beings. You would like women to have the right to kill that person simply because they exist. The worst portion, you would not allow a girl to do that with your offspring. I hope you see the double standard. Logic, science and reasoning all confirm the child is alive from that exact moment in time. Then you attack something I never say, ad hominem describes all of you perfectly.

Protecting the innocent human life of this world is more important than any emotion or desire. Please ask anything and I will find Truth to show you how abortion is always wrong because an innocent life is destroyed every single time, without exception.
[/quote]
Are you against war for any reason?

Karado, smh_23, Varqanir and angry chicken ALL want to allow innocent people to die for doing nothing other than existing.
[/quote]

Seeing as how I have never typed a single word in support of abortion on this board, I would like to kindly invite you to go fuck yourself.

My concern is first and foremost with the truth, and the truth expressed in the study you cited is actually a big hot load of bullshit. Do you agree? Or would you like to address the substance of my rebuttal, rather than calling me a baby killer?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
In the animal kingdom animals murder each other all the time as well. So should murder be legal?

For example, a male lion will kill another male lion taking his “property”. If the dead lion had cubs he will also murder them.

So, I guess since we are just animals, I can walk into my next door neighbor’s house and murder him and his family, correct? After all, we are just animals.
[/quote]

As the other male lion would you at least try to stop him from killing you? Laws against murder are just another line of defense.[/quote]

Yes, I would defend myself.

How are words on a piece of paper another line of defense?

Me, “Oh God stop stabbing me, murder is agains the law!”

Murderer, “Oh my bad, I didn’t realize that, sorry…”

[/quote]

If there was another group of lions around the lion being considered for attack, do you think the attacker would reconsider his options? Sure he could probably make the kill if he acted fast but whats the point if his life would end shortly after?

Animals don’t commit murder. Killing does not equal murder. Murder is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another person. If you want to get picky however and stick with the animal analogy then one could easily say that a lion killing another lion is lawful as it falls under the “law of the jungle.”

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

From the moment of conception the unborn are distinct, whole, complete human beings. You would like women to have the right to kill that person simply because they exist. The worst portion, you would not allow a girl to do that with your offspring. I hope you see the double standard. Logic, science and reasoning all confirm the child is alive from that exact moment in time. Then you attack something I never say, ad hominem describes all of you perfectly.

Protecting the innocent human life of this world is more important than any emotion or desire. Please ask anything and I will find Truth to show you how abortion is always wrong because an innocent life is destroyed every single time, without exception.
[/quote]
Are you against war for any reason? [/quote]

He is not even worth responding to. The only thing he is capable of is ranting phrases from pro life propaganda websites or just responding with links to those websites.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
In the animal kingdom animals murder each other all the time as well. So should murder be legal?

For example, a male lion will kill another male lion taking his “property”. If the dead lion had cubs he will also murder them.

So, I guess since we are just animals, I can walk into my next door neighbor’s house and murder him and his family, correct? After all, we are just animals.
[/quote]

As the other male lion would you at least try to stop him from killing you? Laws against murder are just another line of defense.[/quote]

[/quote]

If there was another group of lions around the lion being considered for attack, do you think the attacker would reconsider his options? Sure he could probably make the kill if he acted fast but whats the point if his life would end shortly after?[/quote]

I’m not understanding your point as it relates to what I wrote to Angry? Angry, said we are just animals. Animals murder each other and take their property all the time. So we too should be able to murder each other and take each other’s properties as well if we are the same, correct?

To answer your question, yes, I think fight or flight applies to the animal kingdom.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Animals don’t commit murder. Killing does not equal murder. Murder is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another person. If you want to get picky however and stick with the animal analogy then one could easily say that a lion killing another lion is lawful as it falls under the “law of the jungle.” [/quote]

Yes, however, if we are just animal than murder means nothing to us either.

Everthing I wrote is in resposen to AngryChicken saying we are “just animals.” If we are just animals, then the “law of the jungle,” should also apply to humans.

Yes murder =/= killing

[/quote]

In my discussions with all 4 of these people I can tell you they want nothing more than having innocent people die. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if they are killing people when they aren’t posting. They ALL want that bad.

I also assume you are for the immediate abolition of the Department of Defense which kills innocent people at times for doing nothing other than existing. Well existing in a country we happen to be at war with.

We will save a lot of money with that plan though. We should do something with the murderers Karado, smh_23, Varqanir, and angry chicken though. I can’t believe I even post on a forum with such barbarians!

“Murder,” was poor word choice on my part.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Animals don’t commit murder. Killing does not equal murder. Murder is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another person. If you want to get picky however and stick with the animal analogy then one could easily say that a lion killing another lion is lawful as it falls under the “law of the jungle.” [/quote]

Everthing I wrote is in resposen to AngryChicken saying we are “just animals.” If we are just animals, then the “law of the jungle,” should also apply to humans.

Yes murder =/= killing
[/quote]

I agree with Angry Chicken wea re the most sophisticated Animal , at least some times

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

Yes murder =/= killing
[/quote]

I agree with Angry Chicken wea re the most sophisticated Animal , at least some times [/quote]

So you are okay with me taking my neigbor’s property?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

Yes murder =/= killing
[/quote]
It depends on the jungle.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

If there was another group of lions around the lion being considered for attack, do you think the attacker would reconsider his options? Sure he could probably make the kill if he acted fast but whats the point if his life would end shortly after?[/quote]

I’m not understanding your point as it relates to what I wrote to Angry? Angry, said we are just animals. Animals murder each other and take their property all the time. So we too should be able to murder each other and take each other’s properties as well if we are the same, correct?

To answer your question, yes, I think fight or flight applies to the animal kingdom. [/quote]

I don’t think he said they “should be able to murder”, just that they do murder, the same as humans and nothing will change that fact.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

To answer your question, yes, I think fight or flight applies to the animal kingdom. [/quote]

I don’t think he said they “should be able to murder”, just that they do murder, the same as humans and nothing will change that fact.[/quote]

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Humans not special snowflakes, they are animals. And, as in the animal kingdom, there is no guarantee nor “right” to life. [/quote]

This:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Says otehrwise.

Also if you use the above (Liberty) as you argument against abortion. That is, by taking away a woman right to an abortion. How can you ignore all three when it comes to an unborn baby? Isn’t that inconsistent at best?

If we are “just animals,” than the “law of the jungle,” should apply and Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness mean nothing.

Like I said, “Murder,” was not a good word choice on my part.

[quote]H factor wrote:
In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if they are killing people when they aren’t posting. [/quote]

Dude, what do you think I am, some kind of amateur? I’m killing people while posting. Type with one hand, stab with the other brah. Multitasking.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

Yes murder =/= killing
[/quote]

I agree with Angry Chicken wea re the most sophisticated Animal , at least some times [/quote]

So you are okay with me taking my neigbor’s property? [/quote]

No but our local governments are confiscating property all the time in the name of the war on drugs and our federal Gov. is allowing private enterprise to confiscate property in the name of energy .

What is the difference ?

[/quote]

Kneedragger, while I won’t go quite as far as smh in inviting you to go fuck yourself, I do object to your characterization of my post in such terms. In fact, it was a facetious anticipation of just such a response. There’s a very strong “us vs. them” feeling to the whole abortion debate, another characteristic it shares in common with the gun control debate, or the war against terrorism.

Much in the same way as you should not interpret my opinion that the Sandy Hook and Naval Yard shootings may have been staged operations to press gun prohibition legislation as my implicit support the murder of schoolchildren and civilian contractors; much in the same way as you should not interpret my opinion that the US military is needlessly overextending itself through a foreign policy of intervention in Africa and the Middle East as my implicit support of Islamic extremism and terrorism, I think you are being incredibly intellectually lazy in assuming, just because my position on this particular issue is not in lockstep with yours, that I must be an advocate of the murder of the unborn.

I won’t, as Pat has suggested, copy and paste every one of my posts from other threads which might serve to prove which side of the issue I am on, but I invite you to peruse them at your leisure. For the record, I believe that a human fetus is alive, and human, and probably deserves to live. I would be delighted if someone were to suggest a workable alternative to abortion, one that would both prevent the conception of unwanted children on the one hand, and find adoptive parents for all of the unwanted babies that have been conceived on the other. So far, we don’t have that. Not even close.

Telling teenagers not to have sex, or “scaring” them into not having sex is a step in the right direction, but an absolute eradication of the practice of abortion in this country is going to involve a legal and cultural paradigm shift that, to my mind anyway, the country is not yet ready for. If we were a totalitarian theocracy, with the power to implant all teenage girls with a subdermal contraceptive at puberty, which would be removed by the state upon marriage, and only upon both partners showing proof of financial stability suitable for raising a child, while imposing stiff civil and criminal penalties on any couple conceiving a child out of wedlock, or without proper authority, then abortion would cease.

I don’t want to live in a country like that. Do you? What is the alternative, and why has it not been tried yet?

Varqanir, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you do for a living?