Teen on WSSB Part 3

Hi new to the site - I’ve often used this site for reference and finally decided to take the plunge and get involved. I’m currently 19, been training through secondary school (high school) and although my training suffered whilst I had exams etc in the following couple of years I’m now back into lifting and loving it. I decided to pick a tried and tested routine rather than decide I could design an Olympia winning routine myself as I have in the past. I chose Joe DeFranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards part 3 after some research just because it looked like a great template for my goals and allows for variety in the training.

My goals are to build up my strength and size, but I also want to develop my general athleticism and coordination as well. Since school I haven’t taken part in any track or field stuff so I thought this would be a great opportunity and routine to improve.

In the next six months I plan to:

• Hit a bodyweight bench press for my Max effort 3-5 reps
  • Hit a double bodyweight deadlift for my Max effort 3-5 reps
  • Build a 7 foot plus broad jump
  • Perform 15 strict chin-ups in one set (can currently bust out a strict 8)
  • Get to a solid 180lbs with visible abs

I thought I’d start a training log to keep my motivated and to help me track my progress, this site is a useful tool for a younger less experienced lifter to have so I will say a thanks in advance to everyone who gives their time to help out on here.