Teen Nutrition for Starting Strength

See. You didn’t even answer the question.

Prob just soreness from getting back into it. I wouldn’t worry.
If its a sharp pain thats a different story.
Also could be from different mechanincs from changing foot position.

dont need to even think about this until miles down the road like 200lbs. Also rippetoes advice at least as far as technique is concerned is spot on.

As always …where’s the weight at?

1 Like

64.5 because the gym was closed through Christmas week then I took a week off to dodge New Years Resolutions people, It’s sort of like I can’t get a full range of motion when walking and I did the swuats in Wednesday, it’s Saturday now.

Just stretch your hamstrings really hard(hold 90 secs) straight after your next workout.

Ok need more progress on the weight side of things. When did you last have a cheat meal and what was it?

Also I’d now change up the training and do an upper/lower split like this…

Cheat meals are generally Pizzas but I don’t consider them cheats the macros look not that bad to me it’s more of I don’t have time to cook I’ve incorporated cable crossovers for chest and do them overhead for tris, Also I’m probs gonna be at 66 tomorrow morning, I took my squats from 50 to 60kg and press went from 50 to 55kg curls went from 5kg to 10kg (Isolated curl bar) Pullups I have more endurance farmers walks went from 60 to 80kg.

1 Like

Awesome. I used this program when I was in high school, and put on about 50lbs of size my junior year. Granted, I cut down a little bit after, but needless to say, I made fantastic gains!

1 Like

On that plan now and as you can see in my pic I’m now 66.3kg from 60 at the start of this topic, My lower back feels really weak after Stiff Legged deadlifts and did on the last, Do I need to work on my form or should it feel like that?

Yeah normal with any new deadlift move. I’d keep the weight the same/low for a while and just focus on form. Also fine if just substitute it for band hamstring curls 3 x15-20 if bugging you.

Allright, 67kg this morning so something is working.

Ok good stuff, let us know when you hit the 70!

We’re close 67.9kg, Also I feel I should swap the ab workouts for my chest as you can see in the other threads I’ve done my Abs stick out un naturally further than my Chest, Looks un natural like I’m on some sort of Growth Hormone

I dont quite understand the text, -you want to replace chest work with abs?

Abs look totally normal to me but suppose you could practice vacuums. Also if doing a bulking diet properly you should look and feel bloated fairly regularly

No I mean they have looked like this since I was young but I’d do so many situps and Mike Chang ab workouts thinking I’d get big off them

One other odd thing, If I don’t eat like 4,000 calories I’ll drop like half a kilo in weight the next day, Is this just me loosing water weight?

Food mass. Food weighs something. When you eat less of it, you have less weight in your stomach/colon.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that but I weigh my self like 7-8 hours after eating, in the morning so I’d still be digesting?

I found out that this bloated ab look could be the cause of organ swelling, worst case is absolutely terrible best case I’m gluten intolerant

I’ll be seeing a doctor about the issue on Wednesday

Hit 70.1kg on the scale today feeling very hungry which could indicate that I’ve hit that weight +/- .5kg … Hit 100kg squat now and did that 4x6 my bench hasn’t gone up that much, I feel my form is good, I try to “Bend the bar” so my elbows aren’t flared out my back is arched with my traps tucked in and my lower back on the bench I bring my chest into the bar when benching and back on the bench I went from 50kg to 65kg but there’s a rep difference.

Keep lifting hard and eating harder