T Nation

Teen Named Tim with Long Limbs

@boilerman The boiler bar will be awoken from its slumber this morning/afternoon.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I’m glad you’re still getting use out of it man!

2 Likes

Boiler Bar Power Cleans

155 lbs x 10

155 lbs x 10

155 lbs x 5 ish :frowning:

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

140 lbs x 10

Boiler Bar Clean Pulls

205 lbs x 10

205 lbs x 10

205 lbs x 10

Tree Branch Pull ups

1 x 9

1 x 10

1 x 8

60 second plank - 20 reps - 3 sets no rest

Picture of my favorite tree branch

If you’re wondering why I am using the term Boiler Bar (if you are new to my log), it is because I actually bought a barbell from @boilerman like a year or two ago. Lol as of right now I do not see any reason in buying another one.

I am super pleased with the power cleans, they have definitely become a favorite movement of mine and I used to hate them a lot. I did plan on doing an extra set with the cleans to make up for set 3 but I was talking with a good friend on the phone so I moved things along.

All that there is left to do today is to stuff my face and I will enjoy it.

Btw… HAPPY THANKSGIVING T-NATION FORUMS!!!

3 Likes

It was also nice to be training outside again. Has anyone else ever found that ever since you started packing on muscle, it is easier to stay warm.

2 Likes

Deep Water Intermediate

Day 4 of Week 1

Bench

205 lbs x 10

205 lbs x 10

205 lbs x 6

Close Grip Bench

170 lbs x 10

(Flat Bench 205 lbs x 7

redemption and roll of shame)

170 lbs x 10

170 lbs x 10

Incline Bench

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

Pushups (don’t have equipment for dips)

1 x 30 ish

1 x 20 something

1 x 20 something

60 second plank - 20 sit ups - 3 sets no rest

I was unsatisfied with the last set of flat bench so, I ended up trying that weight again after a set of 170 lbs x 10 on incline bench.

My form was very off for flat bench because I set the squat stands too high. For the set of flat bench I did between my incline sets, I actually lowered the squat stands one notch and my form felt soooo much better. As a result the weight felt lighter.

As I went for the 8th rep I only got the bar halfway so I did like a sit up lat pull down roll of shame.

Here’s the aftermath:

It was kind of a stupid thing to do but I found the whole situation funny and I kicked ass this whole first week of DW Intermediate.

3 Likes

Sometimes I’ll have those days where I just don’t feel like eating anything

Eat something you like to “break the seal” and then get back on the program.

1 Like

wish I could relate

1 Like

Welp! back to college and week 2 of DW starts tomorrow. I need to go food shopping. Can’t wait to play my Nintendo Switch with my roommates as well. Idk why I did not bring that the first time.

3 Likes

@SkyzykS

Apartment Cat

1 Like

'Atsa good kitty. Looks like he needs a can of 9lives turkey & gravy.

He even has his own door!

1 Like

There are three of them and I typically see them at night.

1 Like

:joy: I can hardly see myself going back to training in the afternoon. Training on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is awful, especially after a week of school work. I did that because for some reason I did not believe I could train in the morning. If life just throws crap at me then I’ll train even earlier.

Deep Water Intermediate

Day 1 of Week 2

Deadlift

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 10

330 lbs x 8 (awww man)

330 lbs x 5

Bonus set to make up for last set (lol cause why not)

Box Jumps

5 x 10

Light Squat

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

60 second plank - 20 sit ups - 3 sets no rest

The weight for deads may be a tad bit heavy. I’ll lower the weight during my deadlift sets on week 4 if I find I’m missing a lot of reps. Man I love getting stronger.

Btw I could totally use this thing. It’s awesome how my gym has this. If there’s any kind of crazy conditioning stuff I can do with this log I will.

2 Likes

I can do SO much conditioning with a log. Viper presses are big. Look them up. My last run of Deep Water had me alternate between cleans on one week and log cleans on another.

1 Like

Viper presses look fun! That’s exactly what I want to do, viper presses and superset it with some other movement. That can be my 20 minute conditioning, it’ll be hard but interesting.

1 Like

I do the Kalsu WOD with viper presses. You could superset with burpees in that regard. Or just set a 20 minute EMOM timer and do 5 burpees at the start of every minute and then as many viper presses as possible until the minute expires.

1 Like

That sounds like a plan Pwn thanks! I am excited to do conditioning now.

1 Like

Deep Water Intermediate

Day 2 of Week 2

Press

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

Barbell Curl

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

60 second plank - 20 sit-ups - 3 sets no rest

Woke up at 4:11 am today and felt super energetic. To waste time I slept for like another hour or two and woke up to my dad’s text messages about me getting a speeding camera ticket. I’m kind of bummed out from getting a ticket cause it could have been avoided easily.

But, hey at least I will be able to play smash bros with my roommates tonight or so. I also crushed today’s session. 120 lbs on press felt easier this time around.

3 Likes

Today I received a message from someone on LinkedIn. She attended a virtual career fair that I moderated along with other executive board members of my student org. She told me she received a job offer at one of the largest construction companies (Turner) and that she had been applying to jobs since 2 years ago. That just fucking made my day.

4 Likes