T Nation

Teen Named Tim with Long Limbs

Please tell me you played the Megaman X series as well.

I did not, but the SNES system I have now has the MegaMan series on it. I haven’t played it yet though.

Contra III
Battle toads
Earth worm Jim
Venom/spiderman separation anxiety
TMNT turtles in time
Donkey Kong series

Those took up 99% of my play time

1 Like

How far have you gotten in Contra 3. That game is impossible, the furthest I’ve gotten was stage 3. I have to give myself some credit since I just use an emulator to play snes games on my laptop.

Way back in the day a few relatives and I beat the game. We spent literally 2 days on it, only stopping to eat haha. We weren’t on hard mode and it was still almost impossible.

1 Like

I will always be thankful to Spiderman for brining us The Punisher, but I think he’s pretty lame. Venom and Carnage are cool though. Always loved that Faustian theme.

I do like spider man but not as much as wolverine. I don’t know why but Jon Andersen kinda reminds me Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine. It’s definitely the growling, the voice, and also Hugh jackman has smoked cigars as wolverine in some of the movies.

I want you to visualize Jon saying “Jon Anderson with a little more GRRRRRR and then his adamantium claws come out.

Jon is too tall to be Wolverine, haha. He would make a perfect Ben Grimm “The Thing” though.

2 Likes

:joy: oh yeah he actually would. Hey Pwn you would make a great Captain America.

Thanks man. I actually have dressed up as him for a work function before. The fake muscles made it super goofy.

1 Like

Wolverine is the best “superhero.” Definitely would be the guy I’d choose if I could become one.

1 Like

Deep Water Intermediate

Day 1 of Week 1

Squat

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

290 lbs x 10

Light Deadlift

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

I had to take extra rest for the tenth set. My lats and shoulders kept cramping while I was trying to get into position. Annoying as fuck but we got it done!!! Lol after the tenth set my abs,shoulders, and lats started to cramp so much.

Btw my dumbass found the back extension machine

Back Extension (with 25 lb plate)

25 lbs x 10

25 lbs x 10

25 lbs x 10

25 lbs x 10

25 lbs x 10

60 second plank - 20 sit-ups - 3 sets no rest

I woke up at 5 or 6 am ate 1 lb of ham, had a protein shake, and then I headed out. I trained at 8 am which is earlier than I do usually. I was very anxious.

6 Likes

I love everything about this. Good on you for getting it done dude.

1 Like

Bro I will totally train early in the morning if need be. Much better than training at the end of the day where your brain is fried.

It’s why all my training is first thing in the morning. I hate training, so I get it done first. Like Dan John shared “If you’re gonna eat a plate of frogs, eating the biggest, ugliest frog first”.

You’re typically halfway through the workout before you even realize you’re training, haha.

2 Likes

Great work!!!

I’ve always loved training first thing in the morning. I start my day off doing something productive and don’t spend the day worrying about my workout. Also gives me time to fit extra work in if necessary

1 Like

Lol I feel very tired at the moment because of that training session, I gotta eat something.

Deep Water Intermediate

Day 2 of Week 1

Strict Press

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

120 lbs x 10

Barbell Curl

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

60 second plank - 20 sit-ups - 3 sets no rest

Woke up at 6am again, ate breakfast, and then I headed to the gym to train. Tomorrow I have to drive about 2 hours and 30 minutes back home. I am not looking forward to that but, I get to see my family again.

2 Likes

Made it back home to my mom and dad’s house safely. I think I’ll film the next Deep Water session just for the hell of it. It’s going to be nostalgic training outside again. I brought some canned chicken,tuna, and my tub of protein powder from my apartment here. I don’t expect my diet to be perfect because it is thanksgiving tomorrow . I am going to enjoy myself lol.

4 Likes

Nice, enjoy thanksgiving!

I also like training first thing in the morning after waking up at 4. Pretty nice schedule and fortunately the gym is nearby walking.
Wake up at 4, shower, then to the gym. It’s also generally dark here (Canada) so the vibe is cool. Usually you’ll also always see the regulars which is always nice.
Also not overcrowded

1 Like

Absolutely enjoy yourself. You can be DW adjacent by loading up on turkey and veggies for the first round, but these feasts with family are special

1 Like