Titan Tim Tackling his Twenties

1:04 - 1:10

@cstan097 dude this is how I feel when I get cramps everywhere.

2 Likes

I know the feeling lol.

1 Like

ahh yesā€¦ crampsā€¦

Howā€™s your hydration? Are you taking magnesium? Electrolytes?
Might be worth looking into

1 Like

I just be drinking a bunch of water when I start cramping.

1 Like

Gotta be proactive in that dude.

2 Likes

You most likely need more salt

3 Likes

Tlgainā€™s Chili of Champions (Ground Turkey Edition)

2 cans of black beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 lb of bacon
2 lbs of ground turkey

Put this in a bowl and add some cheese on top and it tastes great. I wonder what would happen if I put ground beef, ground turkey, ribeye steaks, hamburger meat, and bacon then turned it into chili.

Edit: Wow this is very filling. Iā€™m almost full after one bowl

2 Likes

Congrats dude! Now get rid of the beans so it can be REAL chili

1 Like

Thanks man! I was starting to crave fast food today so I just made this. Lol

Yk whatā€™s funny, my mom would always cook chili for me and my siblings. It was either that, baked chicken, meatloaf, spaghetti, or tacos.

Very fortunate to have a mom that cooked for you like that. Great solution for fast food cravings.

1 Like

Deep Water Beginner

Day 3 of Week 1

Strict Press

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 10

135 lbs x 8 (Awww man)

130 lbs x 10

130 lbs x 10

130 lbs x 10

130 lbs x 10

130 lbs x 10

Lateral dumbbell raises

20 lb dumbbells

1 x 50

For time purposes just did a set of 50

Barbell curl

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 10

Exercise Bike for 20 minutes
3.46 miles

Still cannot find back extension machine

Will do sit-ups in the morning

It was awesome strict pressing 135 lbs but, I could not get 10 x 10 with it. I should be able to get 10 x 10 with 130 lbs. Iā€™ll find out in the next two weeks cause push press is next week. I really did not feel like going to the gym today because I had so much school work. After the gym I had to take a 80 question midterm and two quizzes in a major class.

Also, biking for 20 minutes was not hard at all. I shouldā€™ve press that button on the bike with the hill icon on it. Iā€™m not exactly sure what kinda conditioning Iā€™ll do tomorrow. Maybe I should hit the treadmill. Iā€™m proud of myself for staying faithful to conditioning so far. Iā€™m really determined to look better.

2 Likes

Sir this is random but your physique is very inspiring

1 Like

Your press went up from 85 on the 10 sets of 10 to 130 that is nuts.

1 Like

It really is nuts. I also got pretty decent with pull ups so thatā€™s cool as well.

@anna_5588 Hey Anna what got you so interested in economics. Also how did you become an expert in it. My economics course is mediocre but I see value in learning more about it on my own time. There is a business side to construction after all(no duh lol).

Off topic but I also see value in accounting but damn I stink at it

It make sense to me.

Also, I find it beautiful that regardless of how complex the problems get, how much calculus is required to prove something, it always comes back to the idea of maximizing that is taught the first day of an intro course.

Even behavioural economics, which ostensibly lifts the rationality assumption, is still based on utility maximization. The difference is that they throw on a bunch of conditions that determine how utility is defined and calculatedā€¦ and run experiments

Iā€™m not anywhere close to being an expert. I have at least 15-20 years to go before Iā€™ll START feeling comfortable calling myself an expert. Right now, Iā€™m just another undergrad whoā€™s interested

if youā€™re after practicality, this would probably be much more useful than economics

2 Likes

Much appreciated dude. Iā€™m happy to have done it naturally.

You are crushing the press. Thatā€™s going to go far in building a solid physique. Those cleans help too. Combining it it awesome. You might look into the Grace WOD for conditioning sometime: get 135lbs over your head 30 times as fast as possible from the floor.

1 Like

Deep Water Beginner
Day 4 of Week 1

Forgot to log this session I did last sunday

Bench Press

195 lbs x 10

195 lbs x 10

195 lbs x 10

Close Grip Bench

175 lbs x 10

175 lbs x 10

175 lbs x 8 (Rats)

Incline Bench

125 lbs x 10

125 lbs x 10

125 lbs x 9 (Roll of shame)

Dips

1x6

1x4

1x4

Pushups

1 x 20

1 x 20

1 x 18

60 second plank - 20 sit ups - 3 sets no rest

20 minutes of stairmaster

I smelt like absolute garbage after doing this.

Arghh this week is very busy for me. I have to moderate a virtual career fair on Friday. I also have to present my organization in a class on Wednesday. I have one more midterm that I didnā€™t study for. I have to prepare for any second interview Iā€™m getting.

Sushsbesisnnakqaijzsjwusjsnwwusus

Im just a bit pissed that life is messing with my lifting rn but Iā€™m very happy about org stuff.
Hmm maybe I can use that crappy fitness center on my campus.

@T3hPwnisher I did not want to derail the fatherhood thread. Pwn why did you marry your wife. What traits did she have that you liked?

Do the both of you have similar interests?