Titan Tim Tackling his Twenties

Yeah I am. Been chatting with @strongmanbrett on instagram. I should really get back to posting here.

I deadlifted 335 for 6 today

Random dagill tag: @dagill2

4 Likes

Good lifting man.

2 Likes

@dagill2 @boilerman
Finally now i can back squat and bench

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got my first bench session in 5 months lined up this week too. I donā€™t even care too much about it as a lift anymore, but Iā€™m still looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I benched 225x2 and squatted 315 for the first time (felt I couldā€™ve squatted more)

Iā€™ll be using the squat stands at home because college is virtual. Iā€™ll hang in there but that was an opportunity to have fun and meet new people. I feel terribly lonely.

2 Likes

That some good lifting man.

Hang in there, this too shall pass. I donā€™t know what the restrictions are where you are, but there might be opportunities to meet up with people somehow.

1 Like

Awesome lifts man

This is a tough situation. I canā€™t imagine itā€™ll be a permanent one so patience and optimism is important. Keep your chin up, dude.

2 Likes

Squat
155x5 205x5 225x5
155 7x5

Deadlift
225x5 245x5 295x5
5x5 225

The homie @strongmanbrett has been rather busy lately so I decided to throw something up. It is inspired by @dagill2 program and 5/3/1 fullbody 13.

Itā€™s basically 5/3/1 fullbody 13 but using modifications based on limited plates. Not enough weight add more sets with lighter weight or do weight as close to 5/3/1 percentage as possible.

I programmed 2 extended drop sets of press but their was a thunderstorm. For assistance idk what to do yet

3 Likes

My basic template for a session is:

Main lift (sensible progression scheme)
Supplemental lift - variation on main lift designed to build up weak points
Assistance/accessories - more direct work on prime movers that will help the lift or balance the body.

My usual thoughts for assistance would be:
Squat day:
Abs
Lower back
Quads

Deadlift day:
Abs
Lower back
Hamstrings
Upper back

Press/Bench day:
Upper back
Triceps
Chest or shoulders
Abs

This isnā€™t an exhaustive list, simply how I think about it. If youā€™re training at home, I really like mopping up all my assistance and maybe supplemental in a big giant set if you can program it. Helps to get a little extra conditioning, but also saves a load of time and really helps burn the muscles out.

1 Like

Squat: Warm up to 295x3 (supposed to be 295x1 but I just kinda went for it)

50 pendlay rows with 65 lbs

Bench:
135x5 155x5 205x1
155 5x5

50 weighted pushups
with 45 lb plate

@dagill2 I still kept it at a 5/3/1 fullbody-ish template just for the sake of more squat and deadlift frequency. My assistance was the pushups.

The next ā€œsession Aā€œ I was thinking dumbbell rdls as an assistance after deadlifts

2 Likes

Squat:
205x1 205x5 245x4
5x1 205

Deadlift:
225x5 245x5 295x5
5x10 225

Press
Work up to 115x5
7x5 with 65 lbs

Scrapped the whole extended drop sets. Doesnā€™t make sense should keep it close to the template as possible.

Yeah no assistance I let the 90 degree weather get to my head.

Weird squat sets ik. Supposed to be 185x5 for the first set but I donā€™t have 25s. Wendler calc 185x5 is like a 210 max. Since 205 is pretty close to it I did 5x1 with it.

Hey man, good work here. Glad to see you were able to get hold of some iron and are able to get back to it. Hang in there as far as 'rona is concerned - itā€™s weird for all of us but I can imagine itā€™s extra tough having the whole college social experience shut down for a bit. Just remember it is temporary. Keep your head down and find hobbies to stay busy, maybe find another way to meet new people. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some stuff in your area not shut down that you can take advantage of. Anyway dude, good work and keep at it :metal:

1 Like

Thanks garage
I am trying my best to keep the volume the same. I realize I messed that up this week lol. Weight x sets x Reps

Squat:
205x4 225x5 245x5
205 4x6

Deadlift
245x5 295x2 315x5
5x5 245

Press
Work up to 115x5

50 dumbbell press with 20 lb dumbbells
50 curls with 20 lb dumbbells
50 V-UPS

Moving the plates around throughout the backyard and putting them away was the hardest part.

1 Like

I feel you with moving weights around dude, pain in the ass. I actually pushed loaded carries to tomorrow because I didnā€™t have time to lug 4 plates up from my basement, through my kitchen, and outside, then back again. Glad youā€™re still kicking though man! Any prospect to get hold of the smaller plates?

1 Like

I turn 18 on friday so if I get some money that would be cool.

All I need are a pair of
25s
Another pair of 10s
Pair of 5s
Pair of 2.5s

Then I donā€™t have to worry about distorting 5/3/1 because of its percentages.

1 Like

Squat: Work up to 295x5(unexpected pr it just felt easy so I kept going felt I had a lil more in me too)

50 Pendlay Rows

Bench:

135x5 155x6 205x2

155 6x5

50 dumbbell press with 20 lb dumbbells

50 curls with 20 lb dumbbells

I got so excited about the squat i benched in a lackadaisical happy state daydreaming about squatting 405 in late October.

@boilerman @garagerocker13

4 Likes

We have a saying in golf that the only shot that matters is the next oneā€¦same goes for lifting. Iā€™ve done the exact same thing as you plenty of times. haha Glad you got out of it unhurt.

1 Like

Looks scary man, glad youā€™re good. Might want to set those spotter arms next time!!!

Congrats on the PR dude

1 Like

Squat:
205x4 225x5 245x5
205 4x6

Deadlift
245x5 295x2 315x5
5x5 245

Press
Work up to 115x5
115x5
115x3
115x2

50 dumbbell press with 20 lb dumbbell
50 curls with 20 lb dumbbell

@garagerocker13 looks like Iā€™m getting money as a birthday gift so I will spend some on plates and save some.
I was also blessed with training in the shade today for once.
Happy birthday to me lol.