140 lbs x 9

Incline Bench Widowmaker

105 lbs x 21

105 lbs x 20

Squat - 215 lbs - 100 reps

Incline Bench - 120 lbs - 50 reps

Barbell Curl - 95 lbs - 50 reps

Treadmill Walk - Max Incline - 3.0 speed - 5 Minutes + 2.7 speed - 5 minutes

Added an extra Widowmaker and PR set to ensure that I will never do the bare minimum now that the weight for the main work is lower.

Pushing high reps on squat is very hard because the pain can get unbearable, for squats I gave up too easy on the first PR set. I simply didn’t want it bad enough. That’s ok though, still trained hard and perhaps I could use the break, PR sets can be mentally taxing.

7 Likes

What kind of pain are you dealing with?

1 Like

Oh it’s nothing unusual Pwn, it’s what you would expect out of high rep squats, that burning sensation in your legs. I quit when it starts to get hard

Copy. I consider that more discomfort. I was thinking you were experiencing something related to set-up/execution.

1 Like

I’m going to do myself a favor and not go on my phone while eating. I never realized how much time I wasted from doing so.

4 Likes

Hard Conditioning

20 Rounds (1:00 minute rounds) of

5 Burpees

5 Goblet Squats (50 lb dumbbell)

AMRAP Muscle Clean and Press (115 lbs)

5 Likes

I’m the complete opposite. During lunch I use my phone and scroll… I’ll eat my entire lunch in ten minutes just zoning out on tnation and mindlessly stuffing my face haha.

2 Likes

Hey Boilerman I see you’re running something called Mass Made Simple, does it have a diet?

I’m running the Guaranteed Muscle Mass program written by Paul Carter, it’s in the article section of t-nation.

He doesn’t really outline a diet other than basically just “eat a lot”. To be completely honest this is the only article I’ve read by him so I have no clue what his thoughts on diet are.

1 Like

It has been 4 weeks since I’ve ordered fast food. My only goal was to get my Deep Water meals in (since I’m still using the diet), it had nothing to do with fast food.

4 Likes

HUGE milestone dude. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks dude, I’ve been using the techniques you shared with me. I say I’m going to order pizza after getting my meals in but by that time I’m sick of eating.

I also remind myself of my goals. Now pizza sounds great but I need protein to build muscle. Also spending my money wisely is a great motivator as well.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it works. It’s so true: at the end of the day, I don’t want ANY more food.

1 Like

5/3/1 PR Sets and Widowmakers

Deadlift

275 lbs x 5

315 lbs x 5

365 lbs x 9

365 lbs x 1 lol

Deadlift Widowmaker

275 lbs x 20

Strict Press

100 lbs x 5

115 lbs x 5

130 lbs x 10

Strict Press Widowmaker

100 lbs x 20

Deadlift - 245 lbs - 50 reps

Strict Press - 100 lbs - 50 reps

Pull-ups - Bodyweight - 5 sets AMRAP

Still owe a couple sessions of conditioning. I am going to be training tomorrow because I go back to college this Saturday. I’ll probably just do a lot of stuff tomorrow

Weather was awful, it was raining when I was deadlifting then snowing when I was strict pressing. Legs were too fried to do another PR set with deads so now I know.

From this session I can see that the past two days took a toll on my body because I made the first session of the week harder but I was still able to have a very effective training day. Whatever the heck I’m doing is definitely going to make me strong in the long term. As long as I’m not missing reps when I want to make things harder I don’t have anything to worry about.

Deadlift video made me laugh because of the splashes of mud, please watch it lol.

6 Likes

It looks like you chose the muddiest spot to deadlift lol

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: My dad doesn’t want me making more holes in the ground, I’ve been using that spot for awhile.

1 Like

Too good!

And really nice work, BTW. I totally appreciate your dedication—you’re like USPS:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays @tlgains from the swift completion of his appointed reps.

2 Likes

Thanks Sven!
I was super determined to get my training out of the way so I can relax for the rest of the day.

3 Likes

Beast mode over here. Nice work man.

1 Like