T Nation

Teen Named Tim with Long Limbs

Thank you Hepsy!

1 Like

Easy Conditioning

Shoveling for 2 Hours

I’m not really going to count this as conditioning in replacement of my incline treadmill walks because it wasn’t intense enough.
If the snow was wet then I would count it but, this was powdery snow.

Then again I did feel sleepy after doing that.

I started eating fats with my meals ever since 2 days ago. I have peanuts, almond butter, and peanut butter. I just tell myself that I need to eat fats in order to support my training

Still have one day of hard conditioning and another easy day of conditioning.

3 Likes

Fats are fantastic. As you read in that Deep Water e-book, they have a ton of benefits. Adding them to meals is a great way to get some more calories.

Shoveling is a great form of conditioning. If you can get a cheap weight vest off facebook market, wearing that while you shovel is a way to get in some bonus conditioning.

1 Like

Dude, a weight vest is definitely something on my personal wish list of lifting equipment. That and also a sand bag. My backyard is pretty long and I can imagine myself running across the backyard holding that thing.

1 Like

Definitely scope facebook market: those things are always showing up. You don’t need a new one.

2 Likes

5/3/1 PR Sets and Widowmakers

Squat

250 lbs x 5

285 lbs x 5

320 lbs x 12

Squat Widowmaker

250 lbs x 22

Bench

145 lbs x 5

170 lbs x 5

190 lbs x 8

Bench Widowmaker :frowning:

145 lbs x 5

Barbell Curls - 100 reps - 65 lbs

To be done later:

Pushups - 100 reps

Sit Ups - 100 reps

Treadmill Walk - Max Incline - 2.5 speed - 10 Minutes

Squats were absolutely phenomenal, wish it was not 18 degrees outside because the bar was super cold.

Bench felt super sloppy and heavy. I do feel sore from shoveling yesterday but regardless I’m going to lower the weight tremendously. A little disheartening because I was tossing around 200 lbs - 210 lbs like a maniac on DW but it doesn’t matter in the longterm.

Going to finish the session after I attend some meeting. I was in a youth black leadership group starting from 7th grade all the way to 12th grade in high school. I want to share my college experience in that meeting.

5 Likes

The temperature always gets me anxious and inpatient about training. It’s 30 degrees today and 18 degrees tomorrow. I might just go ahead and train today just to get it out of the way.

Man I hate it when that happens. My rest days always seem to fall on the days with better weather.

That would be a better day for resting, no? Training is a catabolic process: we intentionally do harm to ourselves, so that we can heal and be stronger. Healing during bad weather would not be helpful.

1 Like

True, training in garbage weather does make me mentally stronger. It is the coldness of the bar that is somewhat torturous, and I won’t wear gloves because that screws up my grip.

Straps could help.

1 Like

Squat

265 lbs x 5

300 lbs x 5

335 lbs x 11

Squat

265 lbs x 20

Incline Bench

135 lbs x 5

155 lbs x 5

160 lbs x 5

Incline Bench Widowmaker

115 lbs x 20

Squat - 205 lbs - 100 reps

Incline Bench - 95 lbs - 50 reps

Barbell Curls - 65 lbs - 100 reps

Easy Conditioning

Decided to just quit flat benching temporary and move to incline benching. I just kind of went with the flow but I’ll have a TM next week.

1. Don’t have to worry about killing myself
  2. Better form because I don’t have to put so much rubber pavers or plates under the bench in order to flat bench.

I realize that putting rubber pavers and plates under the bench screws up my flat bench because the bench gets taller. Since the bench gets taller it’s hard for me to get tight. Making the bench incline seems to complement the super uneven back porch.

Outside Temperature: 18 degrees, windy, and sunny

I’m lucky it was sunny today… 18 degrees sunny and 18 degrees cloudy makes a heck of a difference.

5 Likes

I keep forgetting to log my

Stair Jumps

It’s my version of box jumps since I don’t have a box. I do like 3 sets of these before anything on my training days and hard conditioning days.

They really help with getting the muscles warmed up and I might just do these every time before any major leg lift on any other program besides 5/3/1.

2 Likes

Hard Conditioning

20 Rounds (1:00 minute rounds) of

5 Burpees

5 Goblet Squats (50 lb dumbbell)

AMRAP Muscle Clean and Press (115 lbs)

I was cold and miserable but I did it. Got deadlifts and strict press tomorrow. I would like to deadlift 385 lbs x 10 on the PR set.

8 Likes

Deadlift

315 lbs x 5

(Supposed to be 305 but it would’ve saved me time not putting on 35s)

345lbs x 5

385 lbs x 8

Deadlift Widowmaker

305 lbs x 20

Strict Press

115 lbs x 5

130 lbs x 5

145 lbs x 6 1/2

Strict Press Widowmaker

115 lbs x 20

Deadlift - 235 lbs - 50 reps

Strict Press - 95 lbs - 100 reps

Pull-ups - Bodyweight - 5 sets AMRAP

Easy Conditioning

Awesome effort on deadlift pr set because I have never deadlifted 385 lbs x 8 in my life. I will definitely aim for 395 lbs x 10 in the next 3 weeks.

Deadlift widowmaker was kind of tough but, I got through it. Had to take little pauses in between the set.

7 Likes

Hard Conditioning

20 Rounds (1:00 minute rounds) of

5 Burpees

5 Goblet Squats (50 lb dumbbell)

AMRAP Muscle Clean and Press (115 lbs)

It was 39 degrees out, which is good weather. I got lucky today. Unfortunately it will be 18 degrees tomorrow ughh….

6 Likes

Rant:

Dude I’m so sick of my mom saying I’m going to get fat. I don’t need to hear that when I’m making a protein shake. She does this even when she clearly sees my diet change and the fact that I do conditioning. She knows exactly how many times I’m outside on the back porch to train. Clearly it’s just insecurity and I’m tired of it. Can’t attack what I’m eating but can attack how much I eat lol. I defended myself in a calm demeanor.

5 Likes

just be glad your mum ins’t telling you not to lift

2 Likes

It’s out of love, but poorly messaged.

3 Likes

Squat

265 lbs x 5

300 lbs x 5

335 lbs x 12 (Awesome one more rep than last time!)

Squat Widowmaker

265 lbs x 20

Incline Bench

115 lbs x 5

135 lbs x 5

150 lbs x 9

Incline Bench Widowmaker

115 lbs x 20

Incline Bench - 95 lbs - 50 reps

Barbell Curls - 65 lbs - 100 reps

Sit Ups - Bodyweight - 100 reps

Easy Conditioning

First cycle done, one more cycle to go then it’s off to Super Squats. I really didn’t feel like training today. It was 10 degrees at the usual time I lift so I just waited until it was 18 degrees.

8 Likes

We’re these the carbs you included in your Deep Mountain approach
@T3hPwnisher

1 Like