Teen Ectomorph Needs Help

I’ve been working out for about a year now but i havent seen much gain at all. I just turned 16, i’m 5’9 and weigh 130 pounds.Yeah i’m pretty scrawny.

Only thing that seems to go up is my bench which is 145 now. and my biceps grew from 10.5 inches to 12 but thats it. I would really like some help. and yes I do eat till i puke. I eat more than my friends who weigh 190.

any fellow ectomorphs who have gotten good gain? can you help please? O and this is me right now…

Sure… why don’t you an example day or two of meals?

This should be fun… I’ll start it off by suggesting that bulimia isn’t a great strategy for bulking.

[quote]mercury wrote:
This should be fun… I’ll start it off by suggesting that bulimia isn’t a great strategy for bulking.[/quote]

okay i over exaggerated, i dont PUKE but yeah, i eat alot. sorry. please help.

How long have you been ‘eating til you puke’?

What other movements do you do other than bench and curls?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Sure… why don’t you an example day or two of meals?[/quote]

well i just eat whatever i can find or buy usually. If i’m at carls junior or something i get A double superstar, 2 six dollar burgers, large fries, and some onion rings.

I eat alot of snacks in between my meals too. I always lose the weight the next day.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

What other movements do you do other than bench and curls?[/quote]

i’ve been eating like that even before i started lifting weights, maybe for 3 years, my appetite grows…but not my body.

um, i do alot of cables and machines for triceps and biceps and chest, i dont work out my legs much.

i just do the basic stuff i guess.

SQUAT

DEAD LIFT

BENCH

EAT

[quote]skinnyecto wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

i’ve been eating like that even before i started lifting weights, maybe for 3 years, my appetite grows…but not my body.

um, i do alot of cables and machines for triceps and biceps and chest, i dont work out my legs much.

i just do the basic stuff i guess.[/quote]

And here inlies the problem.

Go freakin squat goddamn it! It stimulates GH. Jesus. And please post a meal or two.

Read the articles on this site… in fact, read ANY of them.

[quote]skinnyecto wrote:
mercury wrote:
This should be fun… I’ll start it off by suggesting that bulimia isn’t a great strategy for bulking.

okay i over exaggerated, i dont PUKE but yeah, i eat alot. sorry. please help.[/quote]

I realize that you were exaggerating, but thank you for the clarification.

My advice is as follows:

Step #1: Read. There are hundreds of articles here that directly relate to your goals. You’ll learn much more from them than you will from the responses to this thread.

Step #2: Apply. Use what you learn about training and nutrition to work towards the results you want. Be consistent in your application. It’s fine to throw out things that don’t work, but give them an honest chance before you dismiss them.

It’s that simple (but don’t take that to mean it’s easy).

[quote]skinnyecto wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

i just do the basic stuff i guess.[/quote]

Basic? Replace ‘useless’ with basic and you have a truthful statement. Useless at your stage, anyway.

And you’re definitly not eating enough judging from your other post.

Whats for breakfast? Scarf your face on ANYTHING and everything (literally) for breakfast. I have friends who are even skinnier than you and say ‘they eat so much… all the time, everyday’ They’re delerious. I have a feeling you are too.

I suggest drinking at least a gallon of whole milk a day, and shit, take a few shots of olive oil throughout the day. That should provide an extra 2k cals a day.

And most importantly… start every workout with a leg movement. deadlifts, squats, lunges, or good mornings.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=487126

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1027723

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460331

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460327

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431

Okay, other than not doing much by the way of workouts, you also seem to be eating a lot of crap once in a while, maybe.

Good plan… not.

Maybe you should read up on some of the threads linked above and see if you can’t come up with a real plan.

And start tracking your calories (keep a food log), then you won’t bullshit yourself about “eating a lot” or any other nonsense.

I was 130 lbs when I started high school…you can progress if you put the time and effort into it…

make a log of all the food you eat…alot of time people THINK they’re eating alot when they’re really not…

I’ve seen guys food logs that say they eat all the time and when you add up what they’ve had to eat that day it comes up to a measly 1,700 calories…pathetic…make damn sure that you’re eating enough calories or you will not gain muscle…

squat, bench , deadlift, and row (chinups, pullups, bent rows, seated rows, lat pulldowns, etc.)…those are the money exersizes…biceps and triceps and shit like that are secondary type exersizes, you’re not going to grow a whole lot doing just them…

when you’re working out, kick-fucking-ass…don’t be one of those shmucks that looks like they’re sleep walking during their workouts…

get at least ten hours of sleep every twenty-four hours…

don’t use ‘party’ drugs (alcohol, cigs, coke, you get the idea)…

it doesn’t happen over night…you have to ask yourself…‘how bad do I want it’…

good luck!

Solid advice in this thread, kid. Follow it. I wish I’d had it when I was your age. (Jesus but this place is making me feel old)

Especially what DPH said about patience. Patience and dilligence are everything when you’re an ecto. You’ve got to stay consistent with eating and lifting. Find a good, basic program, and follow it for at least three months. Write down what you do during every workout – number of sets, number of reps, and the weight used. Make sure that you’re adding a little weight to that bar on a regular basis.

It may take months for you to start getting the results you want. It may take years for you to get to the goals you’re envisioning. So what? Keep pushing, and you’ll make it. Period. This isn’t a race.

Best of luck. Stay strong.

It warms my heart to see a beginner thread where he was given good advice and not bashed on to “just fucking eat.” I hate the people who sit and wait for new people to post just to tell them to eat and lift heavy, instead of giving any real good advice. I’d like to thank those guys who gave good advice and even links.

Here’s how I went from 5’9 130lbs to 5’9 155 lbs.

I FUCKING LIFTED WEIGHTS! it was that easy! Guess what, I stalled out after that, didn’t gain an ounce for months. WHY?

BECAUSE YOU GOTTO EAT!

Here’s your task: Keep a food log of everything you eat for 3 days. Calculate how many calories you’re eating, as well as how much protein, fat and carbs. do this for every meal, post it all. hell, you can even post what you ate and calorie contents when you eat. GOT IT?

also, LIFT SOME WEIGHTS

[quote]DPH wrote:
squat, bench , deadlift, and row (chinups, pullups, bent rows, seated rows, lat pulldowns, etc.)…those are the money exersizes…biceps and triceps and shit like that are secondary type exersizes, you’re not going to grow a whole lot doing just them…[/quote]

Best advice, but you forgot one other king mass-builder: overhead pressing
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-024-training

I would say dont eat crap like carls junior. Yeah its calories but come on, go drink a tub of lard why dont ya, you could probably pull it off being small as you are but why would you want to. eat clean, complete meals. Do big lifts like Dead lifts, squats, presses, cleans, and do everything with free weights and loose barbells.

Using free weights will develope stabilizer muscles which will help A LOT in the long run with overall strength.
remember, lift big, eat big (but clean)!

[quote]Kailash wrote:
DPH wrote:
squat, bench , deadlift, and row (chinups, pullups, bent rows, seated rows, lat pulldowns, etc.)…those are the money exersizes…biceps and triceps and shit like that are secondary type exersizes, you’re not going to grow a whole lot doing just them…

Best advice, but you forgot one other king mass-builder: overhead pressing
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-024-training[/quote]

thanks everyone for the tips, I have been a pansy. giving up a bit too quickly. Hopefully soon I can show you all I have progressed and grown some. Thanks again.