T Nation

Teen Bullied Before TV Show About Bullying

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/blogs/lookout/teen-allegedly-bullied-television-interview-bullying-140353690.html?.b=odd&.ts=1349958573&.intl=US&.lang=en

"The student came up to me and pushed me out of the way and said 'what are you recording?' and all of a sudden I was running down the hall and needed some help".

Lol.

What irony!

No wait, no it’s not.

Where should a 500 lb alien go?

On a diet.

^ nards humor< life’s ironies.

Yo dawg, I heard you like being bullied, so I bully you while you’re interviewed about being bullied.

Side rant:
I hate the way bullying is handled in this country. School rules against bullying only hurt the ones being bullied. Back in elementary to high school, all participants in fights get suspended and it goes on your permanent record. I tried so hard to resist beating my bullies to an inch of their life. In turn, I bullied other kids out of boredom and enjoyed watching them squirm helplessly without anyway to do anything about it without getting into trouble themselves. It was a sick, vicious cycle. If fighting among children were not governed by such strict rules, all the kids would learn their lessons more efficiently and there would be less conflicts.

From the other thread, people were arguing about how kids should be allowed to dress in order to discover and express their true selves? Why are they not allow to bully or fight to express themselves? Society places such a high barrier on normal violence that it bubbles up to become something truly horrifying when the bullies or the bullied implode.

Yeah, teach 'em to fight to solve their problems like adults.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Yeah, teach 'em to fight to solve their problems like adults.[/quote]

that’s how it used to be. Are we more civilized now? Do the headlines reflect that? I lean towards not.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Yeah, teach 'em to fight to solve their problems like adults.[/quote]

its how it used to be. Are we more civilized now? Do the headlines reflect that? I lean towards not. [/quote]
Totally agree.