Teen Bulking Advice?

Tuna, Protein Bars, Cereal, Chicken @Mence97

If your gaining a lot of weight I’m assuming your eating a fuckton of cereal. The proteins are good but where are your fats? Or micro nutrients? You need some veggies and good quality fats in your diet.
It might be a good idea to track what you eat for a week just to see how many calories you are eating.

probably has something to do with you being 15, bulking for a single month and weighing like 6oz. Not sure how jacked you realistically think you can look at this early stage.

Give it ten more years.

2 Likes

As a teen could be a lot worse I guess, get in plenty of vegetables especially greens. After that add lean beef and whole eggs.

What program are you on?
what do you bench and deadlift?
are your numbers steadily increasing on most compound moves?

What I read that as, is “I am really young and impatient and I have put in a small amount of effort in a small amount of time, but I don’t have my dream physique.”

Well sorry mate but that’s not how these (or most things in life) work. Best to learn that when you are young and impressionable.

2 Likes

Are you doing the 4 days a week Football conditioning you mentioned in May? :confused:

Im not going to sugar coat it for you… dont care if your only 15 I didnt baby my sons at your age either.

Your strength level is part of your problem

Soo I guess your not involved in High School Football now? Since being ripped has nothing to do with being able to play the game or getting a starting position

Your 5,9 and 148 lbs… id suggest getting the whole notion of being RIPPED out of your head at the moment and just focus on adding LEAN body weight to your frame without becoming a fat walrus.

3 Likes

No I am still in the program

I have been lifting for almost 2 years. Nothing but strength has went up. I was 22% bodyfat when I was 13 and dropped down to 15%.So sorry I want some muscle definition. Don’t post on my post if you are going to be a jackass.

It’s kinda confusung really. There are some 15 year olds that are jacked, may be cause of their genetics

Bingo. Some assholes are just luckier than guys like us.

I know it sucks but really do try and stop thinking in terms of bulk and cut. It is the last thing on Earth you should be thinking about right now.

Just think protein and healthy for everything you eat. Does it have protein? Is it healthy? If it is then you’re set. Forget about things like calories and macros for now.

TRUST ME ON THIS. Seriously.

2 Likes

Dammit forget this. Said it before but a ton of ungrateful/ stubborn kids popping up this year.

OP if not getting in shape from football conditioning 4 times a week you’re just not training hard enough. 2+ sessions a week you should feel close to puking by the end. Depends how much .you want it.

I’m in shape, I don’t know where you got that from…

Not being a ass … yeah sometimes it can be genetics . Other times it because they put in the actual hard work needed to achieve. At this point lets not use that as a excuse unless you can say that you have actually put your all into achieving any goals you have set out to achieve for yourself.

Here is a video of my oldest at 16… a inch shorter than you are and maybe 10-13 lbs heavier if memories serves me right since he had just came off of a long wrestling season … Hes by no way was a genetic freak but actually had the work ethic and balls to get it done to be OK in sports.

For the position you want to play at on your squad?

1 Like

I believe entitlement might come into play… cannot say 100% .

1 Like

er… in your own words:

maybe the fact that you’re 150 lbs and almost 20 percent bodyfat. maybe that’s where someone would get that from. and the fact that you said you have zero muscle definition. We’re just following the breadcrumbs, buddy, you’re the one droppin’ them.

So here’s some real, honest advice. You said you just eat when you feel like it. you don’t track macros. do you log your workouts? regardless, then answer to why you don’t look impressive is because a) you have too much fat, particularly at your size to look impressive, and b) you’re obviously not working hard enough. Looking impressive takes a lot of work. This should be intuitive, right? If it was easy, everyone would look awesome. You have to put in some SERIOUS work. Obviously some folks will have genetic gifts that you don’t have, but that doesn’t mean you can’t succeed with what you’re working with. But you clearly need to step up your game, ya know?

The simple fact is, if you’re going to look impressive, you’re going to have to be bigger. Nobody will look big at 150 lbs unless they are ripped to shreds. like in the 6%, ready to step on stage, kind of ripped. and that’s not sustainable. On top of that, put a t shirt on a guy like that and he’ll look tiny. Your best bet is to work on getting much bigger, while still maintaining the bodyfat level you currently have. At your height and bodyfat, you’re going to have to be in the 180-200 lbs range to start to really look good. Just some food for thought.

Damn, 3plate front squat is solid for any adult male and plain beastly for a teen! :punch:

3 Likes

How would I go about trying to maintain the bodyfat while trying to gain weight?

Whenever I see a high schooler squatting weights that I’m still working hard to get to, makes me shed a few tears lol.

Great stuff though man, he’ll be a beast! Does he do greco-roman?

1 Like

the first step is figuring out your baseline caloric intake, and managing meals better. If you’re eating whenever you feel like it, it’s a 100% guarantee that your intake is not consistent. So beginning to eat a relatively consistent diet is the first step towards figuring out what needs to be changed.

Everybody is different, and the way you’re going to learn how to add weight without gaining fat will largely be through trial and error. My recommendation is to get approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to start with, and eat whatever you want surrounding that. To adjust, you will want to mostly manipulate carbs and protein. If you’re gaining weight but getting fat, reduce carbs and raise protein to keep calories the same. If your weight stagnates but you’re staying lean or getting leaner, raise carbs, keep protein the same.

Also very important is to eat as ‘clean’ as possible. eat mostly whole foods, home cooked whenever possible. Don’t snack, don’t eat a bunch of sugar. avoid junk food. for people who eat a lot of junk food, or even an average amount, eliminating it completely can make a world of difference