Teen Bulk or Cut?

Seems mutually supportive

3 Likes

Personally I can do without the donuts.

1 Like

Naw dog. “Teen” and “Cut” should never be in the same sentence. Refer to the other posts about this

1 Like

I’d have a pizza or a burger over doughnuts any day to be honest. Probably something to do with my neurotype.

2 Likes

Pretty straight on. Considering it feels like some form of this question gets brought up once or twice weekly on average.

1 Like

We all pretty much have stock answers by now.

@dagill2 what’s your goal?
@T3hPwnisher Neither, eat to support your (Deep Water) training
@bulldog9899 what’s your age, height and weight?

8 Likes

My other canned response is “if you want to be bigger, gain weight. If you want to be smaller, lose weight”

So simple.

3 Likes

I just throw that out so the rest of you can get more info. Most of the time I am not that invested.

1 Like

That’s the main reason I ask mine as well. I normally manage to keep my ego in check and only answer if I’m pretty confident I’m adding value and no-one smarter has already answered.

2 Likes

You have an amazingly logical mind for someone who claims to be bad at science.

1 Like

I don’t have enough faith to believe in science.

1 Like

they really aren’t good by most standards, but if they make you happy, that’s all that counts. 5’11 and 155 lbs is realllllllly small though. I think you’re being very short sighted. You won’t look like you even lift weights if you cut to 155. You’ll just look like a starved child. If ‘starving child’ is your preferred aesthetic, then you do you. But keep in mind, that in the longterm, building muscle is much harder than cutting fat, AND it takes more time. So for most goals, it makes much more sense to work on the muscle building first, and lose the fat later.

There is another option, however, that hasn’t really been mentioned (unless I missed it). You’re 170 now, and at your height, 170 CAN look ok, if you’re leaner but still at the same weight. So here’s what I would do: continue to eat at ‘maintenance’ level calories. Try to maintain your current weight, give or take a few lbs. And keep pushing hard in the gym. If over the next 6 months or so, you add 30 lbs or so to each lift, and you’re still the same bodyweight, that means you will have gained muscle and lost fat. That’s ideal. Do that.

3 Likes

I’m 5’8 205 and I still feel skinny @gizmo923

Whose standards? I’m 17. I don’t have any hair on my face. My numbers are intermediate to my body weight in my opinion

Since it’s just your opinion, why not say they’re advanced?

5 Likes

Just run through programs off this site with good amount of volume like below.
Hit them hard, and at your age you will lean out and put on muscle at the same time. Diet -as other said keep the calories up just cut out all junk/plenty of veg etc

1 Like

Ok I got to know OP… are you looking for input from more advanced guys? OR are you looking for someone to agree with what you want to do?

Since your new, you need to know that the majority of the guys giving you advice are not beginners. Several have been lifting since you was in diapers and have pretty good resumes .

3 Likes

Google Strength standards. I’m an intermediate

I’ve ran ICF 5x5 for a couple of months until it got to a point where squatting every workout was draining me. I got up to 275 5x5 until I switched to Texas Method.

Jesus Christ. Get off my post if your going to act like a child. Point me in the direction where I acted like I was trying to get people to agree with what “I want to do”. I’m asking a question. Get over yourself