Ted Talk - How to Live to Be 100+

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_buettner_how_to_live_to_be_100.html

A talk about 4 different cultures that all have a high % of their population live to be 100+

I liked it a lot and I think you guys will to. If you’ve never head of ted talks or the ted conference then definitely look at the other videos because there is some awesome stuff.

Thanks for sharing this link, that was very interesting to watch.

Great link! I especailly like how, at the end, the speaker is clear to state that there’s no easy way to attain long life with a high quality of life… it’s hard work. It seems that most worthwhile things on this planet require lots of hard work!

[quote]Xab wrote:
Great link! I especially like how, at the end, the speaker is clear to state that there’s no easy way to attain long life with a high quality of life… it’s hard work. It seems that most worthwhile things on this planet require lots of hard work! [/quote]

Yeah, I thought many of the people in the video were very impressive. Breathing at age 100 is an accomplishment in the U.S while in these places people are doing things expected from maybe a 60 year old in good shape in the U.S.

He also highlights the huge social differences between their cultures and ours. We throw our old people into the old folks home and dont want to see them again, and dont want them leaving or driving anywhere. They highly respect old age and value them.

Interesting video, I’ve always had the sense that retirement is what kills people. They don’t have a purpose anymore.

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
Interesting video, I’ve always had the sense that retirement is what kills people. They don’t have a purpose anymore.[/quote]

Agreed. My grandfather is 84 and still works 40 hours a week, except during golfing season, in which case he works when he isn’t playing one of his 5 rounds of golf per week.