Ted Nugent on Obesity

Obesity leads to so many other issues, that does impact the economy. Health insurance companies now consider being overweight a risk factor for you getting coverage. This was never the issue before. But with 65% of the population being overweight and/or obese, the reasons for their rationalization are obvious. More fat people equals more sick people. The sicker you are, the more you cost those who are not sick.

Also its cheaper to invest in prevention of obesity, than to deal with it once its developed. Billions of dollars go to diabetes, cancer, and heart disease when it takes a fraction of that money to simple prevent it with educational assistance programs.

Look at what happened to schools when they took PE classes out of them. Their initial thought was that this will save them money. What happened? The kids developed even more health problems because this was the ONLY form of exercise for some kids.

When you deal with something like, its a matter of seeing the forest as well as the trees, by taking many things into consideration for both the short and long term.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

How about the people who exercise daily and are in great shape, who have the heart attacks also
[/i]

[/quote]

1. most of the public perceives skinny-fat as being “great shape”

2. if he/she really has a great shape then they lucked out in the genetic game, too bad

3. the vast majority of fatasses have no genetic excuse, get off your ass and move

I don’t watch much TV, but Bourdain’s No Reservation is one show I reall enjoy. It’as a good show.

The Nuge episode was great, Ted is and interesting dude. He eats very healthy and looks great for 60.

His diet is almost as awesome as his gun collection. Those MP5’s were sweet.

I like his Oryx herd.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I don’t watch much TV, but Bourdain’s No Reservation is one show I reall enjoy. It’as a good show.

[/quote]

Bourdain is the man. Lives a life I’m very envious of. Travels around the world to sample other cultures and food. And gets drunk. Alot. On TV. And gets paid for it.

I like Bourdain, his East Coast attitude is refreshing and his sense of adventure is just cool to watch.

Someone tell that guy to stop mincing his words.

I need to know exactly what he’s trying to say, dammitall.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
As a general rule I tend to have contempt or the very least, indifference for celebrities. Theodore is not one of them.

I dunno, maybe it’s because I too have the cat scratch fever.[/quote]

I would pay attention to this guy. Nice legs

[quote]pushharder wrote:
As a general rule I tend to have contempt or the very least, indifference for celebrities. Theodore is not one of them.

Exactly, I don’t see how much celebrity news is news. As for Ted, I’ve seen him make smarty pants type liberals look like idiots. It’s just Ted being Ted.

Fuck fat taxes.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m guessing a few of the guys here might have a problem with being charged extra because they take up extra space.

[/quote]

I would, but I am beginning to think there are few actually on this site who are carrying enough size for that to be an issue. I hate riding in airplanes because if they stick me next to anyone even close to 200lbs, I might as well stand. This is something the average guy on this site with 15" arms has never experienced so I doubt too many will see it from that angle.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:
I’m guessing a few of the guys here might have a problem with being charged extra because they take up extra space.

I would, but I am beginning to think there are few actually on this site who are carrying enough size for that to be an issue. I hate riding in airplanes because if they stick me next to anyone even close to 200lbs, I might as well stand. This is something the average guy on this site with 15" arms has never experienced so I doubt too many will see it from that angle.[/quote]

There isn’t enough room for 2 - 200 pound guys to sit next to each other. I don’t want to try to sit next to a 250 pounder whether he is a bodybuilder or is obese.

Stick me next to the cute college girl.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:

I would, but I am beginning to think there are few actually on this site who are carrying enough size for that to be an issue. I hate riding in airplanes because if they stick me next to anyone even close to 200lbs, I might as well stand. This is something the average guy on this site with 15" arms has never experienced so I doubt too many will see it from that angle.

There isn’t enough room for 2 - 200 pound guys to sit next to each other. I don’t want to try to sit next to a 250 pounder whether he is a bodybuilder or is obese.

Stick me next to the cute college girl.[/quote]

Just make sure she is dressed properly so she won’t get kicked off the plane and ruined your trip.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:

Stick me next to the cute college girl.[/quote]

I’d much rather sit next to the 250 pound body builder… don’t have to worry about the fat spillage. I hate touching mushy bodies.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Unless they say something you agree with?

[quote]Christine wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:

I’d much rather sit next to the 250 pound body builder… don’t have to worry about the fat spillage. I hate touching mushy bodies.

[/quote]

I recently went to a different health insurance company, because the old one now uses BMI to decide whether they will accept you.

So I basically got kicked out for being too big… They don’t care whether it’s muscle or fat. I also have never been injured or had any great need of my insurance’s services, so what the fuck?
They’ll pay for chronic drinkers and smokers with diabetes and hepatitis and what not, but refuse to cover a healthy person with little risk factor?

These days you can’t get the insurance companies to help pay for glasses, but they’ll happily fund above-mentioned morons’ expensive and utterly useless treatments at health-resorts.

That’s Germany though, dunno what the states are like.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
pushharder wrote:

I dunno, maybe it’s because I too have the cat scratch fever.

I would pay attention to this guy. Nice legs
[/quote]

Fuckin’ Nuge should just shut up and play.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Christine wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:

I recently went to a different health insurance company, because the old one now uses BMI to decide whether they will accept you.

So I basically got kicked out for being too big… They don’t care whether it’s muscle or fat. I also have never been injured or had any great need of my insurance’s services, so what the fuck?
They’ll pay for chronic drinkers and smokers with diabetes and hepatitis and what not, but refuse to cover a healthy person with little risk factor?

These days you can’t get the insurance companies to help pay for glasses, but they’ll happily fund above-mentioned morons’ expensive and utterly useless treatments at health-resorts.

That’s Germany though, dunno what the states are like.[/quote]

The US isn’t much different. I will probably have to drop weight just to qualify for insurance because many of these policies top out at 250lbs for someone my height.

The same “fat taxes” and other nonsense some here are cheering on would affect many of us the same or worse. If you don’t have big muscles, stop talking about how great it is for EVERYONE who doesn’t fit the norm to have to pay for it.

Everyone big isn’t obese.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Christine wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:

That’s Germany though, dunno what the states are like.

The US isn’t much different. I will probably have to drop weight just to qualify for insurance because many of these policies top out at 250lbs for someone my height.

The same “fat taxes” and other nonsense some here are cheering on would affect many of us the same or worse. If you don’t have big muscles, stop talking about how great it is for EVERYONE who doesn’t fit the norm to have to pay for it.

Everyone big isn’t obese.[/quote]

I’d have to be 6% BF in order to make that weight requirement and keep all my hard earned muscle… And then maintain for the rest of my life or what?
Add to that the fact that heavy training in such a state is about as much fun for me as kissing women who constantly smoke (cigarettes, before anyone makes some funny comment).

We should side with the fat people, X.
Maybe we can force the insurance companies to accept us as clients if we accuse them of discrimination…

Damn it… What about Canada? I need a country to move to …

Hmmm. Iceland has some great old-school gyms, right?
Add in Vikings, more metalheads, Cheeta… That does it, I’m moving to iceland!