Ted Nugent on Obesity

The man does have a definite opinion on most things

http://www.spinner.com/2008/08/04/ted-nugents-latest-diatribe-obesity/?icid=200100397x1207082777x1200353310

Outspoken rocker and conservative Ted Nugent is angry again – this time it’s about America’s obesity problem.

“Obesity is a manifestation of a cultural depravation,” he tells globetrotting chef and TV host Anthony Bourdain, “in its most vulgar and displeasing-to-look-at form. And it’s suicide as a lifestyle.”

The Motor City Madman recently expressed his views on the topic in an episode of ‘Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations,’ scheduled to air Monday night at 10 EST on the Travel Channel. In this segment, which focuses on the sights and cuisine of the American Southwest, Bourdain pays a visit to Nugent’s ranch in Texas.

During their conversation Nugent describes obesity as an unhealthy choice. “That’s a liability,” he says. “You have chosen to be a liability to yourself, your family, your neighborhood, and this country.”

The two opinionated men talk about obesity’s impact on health and the safety of others. Bourdain says he likes the idea of a ‘fat’ tax and charging someone who uses up an additional airplane or subway seat. Nugent then adds, “It all comes back to the horror, the soullessness of a trend in America that is the abandonment of parenting. Somebody’s got to go, ‘You can’t eat that. You’re way too fat.’”

The guitarist is no stranger when it comes to talking about issues, particularly conservative ones, as an advocate for hunting and the right to bear arms. (He is on the National Rifle Association’s board of directors and recorded a song called ‘I Am the NRA’). Last year Nugent made news with his controversial and very critical remarks about Democratic senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton while holding two rifles.

On his blog, Bourdain says that it was Nugent who approached him about doing something together on television. He recounts a experience from his visit to Nugent’s ranch when got a text message invite from chef Mario Batali for drinks. “I texted back,” Bourdain writes, “that I regretted being unable to join him as I was currently unloading a belt-fed M-60 machine gun at Ted Nugent’s place. His totally unsurprised response was ‘Of course you are.’”

Also on the same episode of ‘No Reservations,’ Bourdain meets up with Alice Cooper at the latter’s Cooperstown restaurant in Phoenix. One of the topics of conversation between the two men was less issue-heavy: baseball.

The Nuge has always had a way with words.

Good for him… never a big fan, but I enjoy the idea of the Fat Tax.

In a country where the healthcare sector is paid for by the taxpayer, fat people suck.

The Michigan Madman, Mr. Deadly Tedly, does indeed have a way with words. Also a way of unmistakably and plainly speaking the truth. Good for him.

I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

How about the people who exercise daily and are in great shape, who have the heart attacks also
[/i]

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

How about the people who exercise daily and are in great shape, who have the heart attacks also
[/i]

[/quote]

haha…I just love those ass-backwards rationalizations for being fat.

“You’re just going to die anyway.”

I’m guessing a few of the guys here might have a problem with being charged extra because they take up extra space.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m guessing a few of the guys here might have a problem with being charged extra because they take up extra space.

[/quote]

That will be become the new status for bulkers. Screw getting to 200lbs. Have you gotten big enough that you get charged extra for a seat?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

[/i]

“You’re just going to die anyway.”[/quote]

Why am I saving money for retirement? I’m just going to die anyway.

[quote]Christine wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

[/i]

“You’re just going to die anyway.”

Why am I saving money for retirement? I’m just going to die anyway.
[/quote]

Yeah, you can’t take it with you. Sound financial advice. :slight_smile:

Gotta love Uncle Ted…

“When in doubt I whip it out, I got me a rock’n’roll band.” - The Nuge, Free For All.

[quote]Christine wrote:
I’m guessing a few of the guys here might have a problem with being charged extra because they take up extra space.[/quote]

I wouldn’t mind. If I become rather wide in the shoulders and require extra space, I think I should pay for that space. Quite simply, I’m paying for the fuel I use.

Now everyone get naked!

Ted Nugent for president!

I read an article where they said airlines were incurring extra fuel costs as a result of passenger weight making the planes heavier.

of course… this can also just be an excuse to charge higher airfares

Does this mean that obese people use more gas in their car?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I love this comment:

[i]gina
at 8-05-2008

[/i]

[/quote]

Genetics are not you’re fault. Bad choices are, which these people don’t understand. I’ve seen it written that health care costs would be 50% less if we all took care of ourselves. It never will be 0%.

I doubt I spend 100$ a year on health care, other than muscle work and such.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I read an article where they said airlines were incurring extra fuel costs as a result of passenger weight making the planes heavier.

[/quote]

Yes, when I was a kid I had a rear wheel drive car. I put weight in the trunk to help with traction. My gas mileage was less.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, but they do pay for it by buying more gas.

I don’t want a fat tax. I want the obese people to stay. If they’re gone, then what will happen to buffet restaurants and Triple Whoppers? You think cardio-freaks and health nuts (who will make up the majority of people) will let those things stay? I think not.

Bodybuilders need obese people, and obese people need bodybuilders. It’s the circle of life.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Gotta love Uncle Ted…

“When in doubt I whip it out, I got me a rock’n’roll band.” - The Nuge, Free For All.[/quote]

personally, I was always a fan of little miss dangerous.