T Nation

Tech N9ne

Hey im promoting the new Tech N9ne DVD the RELEASE DATE IS: 7/27/04

The film stars Tech N9ne, Yukmouth, Jayo Felony, Chino XL, QD3, Big Krizz Kaliko and Skatterman of Skatterman & Snug Brim. Kansas City rap heroes Hobo Tone, Grant Rice and Black Walt are also featured in The Tech N9ne Experience DVD.

The film features never-before seen footage of Tech N9ne in the studio with the late Roger Troutman, one of the most sampled artists in hip-hop history. Dr. Dre, DJ Quik and EPMD are among the hip-hop legends that have used Troutman’s recordings in their own music.

The film traces Tech N9ne’s life and career. He visits three houses he grew up in and revisits the most engaging moments of his tumultuous career in a series of revealing interviews. The movie also includes a candid interview with Tech N9ne’s stepfather and interviews with a number of Tech N9ne’s friends, all of whom give a keen insight to the mind and the life of Tech N9ne, one of hip-hop’s most interesting and captivating artists.

I read about the DVD a while back on one of the Tupac websites and as much as I love Bay area rap I don’t think I will buy it. I’m not a big fan of Tech N9ne but Yukmouth is one of my favourite artists, which reminds me I think Yukmouth has a new album coming out pretty soon!

I love listening to Tech N9ne, I will have to look into that DVD.