Tearing Your Muscles & Resting for Growth

[quote]cs80918 wrote:
Would you make more tears in your muscle if you worked the same muscle 2 days in a row?

What if you worked the same muscles 2 days in a row then rested that muscle for 7 days would that give you more gains?[/quote]

Test it!

Forget about tears (you can’t measure that yourself anyway) and test the 2 days in a row thing on yourself. Some people will run themselves to the ground doing this, other will make gains beyond believe.

Good Luck

[quote]Fulldeplex wrote:

[quote]cs80918 wrote:
Would you make more tears in your muscle if you worked the same muscle 2 days in a row?

What if you worked the same muscles 2 days in a row then rested that muscle for 7 days would that give you more gains?[/quote]

Test it!

Forget about tears (you can’t measure that yourself anyway) and test the 2 days in a row thing on yourself. Some people will run themselves to the ground doing this, other will make gains beyond believe.

Good Luck[/quote]

I think Thibs was doing something similar to this. I can see this working, but use this approach every once in a while not consistently.

[quote]Im_New_Feed_Me wrote:

[quote]jasonmacm wrote:
Have you never heard of over training? If you’re sore and workout that sore muscle, it’s over training. And if you worked that muscle on the first day (of two) and it’s not even a little sore the next day, than that was not a good workout. It’ll work if you workout your full body, and don’t hit any muscle group more than once to ensure it is not sore for day two (so you can work the same muscle groups again), but this time working them with enough sets to make sure you are really sore the next day.[/quote]

^^ WTF?

I could get you to do body weight jump squats for a constant 5 minutes, and the next day you would barely be able to walk due to the DOMS… Does that qualify as an “awesome workout?” Fuck no.

Where do kids get this bullshit?

Don’t let soreness be your guide, kid.[/quote]

correct.
i think there should be a test online for weight lifters. knowlege = results.
if you cant pass basic physiology your lost when it comes to making a balanced muscular physique.

[quote]cs80918 wrote:
I’m one of those genetic freaks that gets accused of doing steriods and I’ve never touched the stuff.
[/quote]

Yeah ok, then go fucking try it, or better yet why fix what’s broken, you are obviously huge, and growing because you are a genetic freak (anyone that lifts regularly gets accused of taking juice by sedentary people at some point), so why would you want to do this?

If I was going to workout 2 days in a row, same bodypart, the load would not be anywhere near maximal, you’ll hurt yourself otherwise.

Is it too much to ask for a non-facepalm inducing thread in this forum?

concerning tears, if you hurt yourself by actually tearing a muscle, whats the best way to heal, stop lifting heavy and do light workouts or stop altogether and rest for a while?

never been injuried because of weight-lifting (many times because of football) but I would never continue to train if dammage is not fixed…