Tearing Feeling in Knees w/Leg Curls

I was not sure where to post this but hopefully you guys can help me out.

Recently I have been getting a tearing feeling in my knee when doing leg curls. From what I can tell its the iliotibial band (outside tendon of the knee). Its only when I do the leg curls, I can do every other leg exercise without pain.

I am 18 with no history of knee or leg injuries. About 4 months ago I was able to curl 130 with no problems and now I cant do more than 70 with out pain. There is never any swelling or lasting pain but it is very sharp and aches for about an hour or two.

Should I try using a knee wrap? A knee brace? Should I go see a doc? Is there any other exercise that I can do to not put so much strain on it? Or should I just suck it up?

Knee injuries are pretty serious in my opinion so any info or advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Much!!

[quote]Voodoo1911 wrote:
Should I go see a doc? Is there any other exercise that I can do to not put so much strain on it? Or should I just suck it up?

Knee injuries are pretty serious in my opinion so any info or advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Much!! [/quote]

How can someone else tell if an exercise is painful or not for YOU?

You’d be a fool to just “suck it up”. Whats worse, a few days or possibly weeks off, or a lifetime of regret and pain?

You answered your question. Knee injuries (or any part of the body for that matter) is serious.

Why can’t people figure this out? WHY!!?? Hmmmm, gee lets go through this: “My leg hurts pretty badly. I wonder if the guys at T-Nation can help with their super magical T-man powers?”

Seriously buddy, use some logic.

And go see a doctor.

thats the thing its not a constant pain or injury i have ripped up my ankle pretty bad so i know what serious joint pain feels like this is more of a annoyance then a serious medical condition so far i want to avoid the doc if i really dont need to go

Well your post made it sound serious.

If you want to work the hams, try romanian deadlifts, back extensions, and perhaps other leg curl variations such as the standing and seated ones.

Listen to forbes

ok thanks again guys