Team Fundraising

I have searched online but, everything I find is in regard to political, charities,and other large groups. Does anyone know what the laws in CA are when raising money for youth sports groups? It is not a large organizations like Boys/girls club or the YMCA but, small local parks.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
I have searched online but, everything I find is in regard to political, charities,and other large groups. Does anyone know what the laws in CA are when raising money for youth sports groups? It is not a large organizations like Boys/girls club or the YMCA but, small local parks.[/quote]

Is this fund raising for a single team or an organization like Little League? If it’s a single team I wouldn’t give a shit about any laws I’d just go out and see what kind of donations I could drum up. Btw, car washes are a great way to raise funds for sports teams.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
I have searched online but, everything I find is in regard to political, charities,and other large groups. Does anyone know what the laws in CA are when raising money for youth sports groups? It is not a large organizations like Boys/girls club or the YMCA but, small local parks.[/quote]

I’d go ask the YMCA or Boys/Girls Club for access to a 501 org that they have not been using (change the name of the org) and get an bank account set up for the org and give tax benefits to donors, but you have to give more information on the organization.