T Nation

Teacher Browbeats Student for Supporting McCain

Disgusting.

Starts at about 15 seconds in the video.

That is pathetic. I hate to say it, but it is the ignorant people like her that put Obama in office.

“Your dad will stay in the military for another 100 years if McCain won.”

At what point did McCain ever say anything like that? Case in point, ignorant. No teacher should be aloud to do what that woman did. Especially to kids that are below that age of even comprehending the differences between the candidates.

She should be fired. Immediately. No respectable teacher should do anything like that.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Disgusting.

Starts at about 15 seconds in the video.[/quote]

I often wonder who videotapes these things.

Anyway, that woman should immediately be fired, stripped of her pension and banned from the teaching profession for life. I am waiting for anyone to come on here and defend that. Isn’t the real job of a teacher to impart on her students the ability to think for themselves after they are armed with a proper understanding of science, mathematics, language and history?

What she did would be akin to me arresting someone because of the bumper sticker on their car. Worse even. At least I would be picking on an adult.

I am fairly certain that our education system will continue to degenerate to the point of being totally worthless. Might as well send the kids to work in the mines at 9 like my great grandparents did.

I hope this is a very isolated incident being played up by Drudge.

I’m not so sure, however.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
That is pathetic. I hate to say it, but it is the ignorant people like her that put Obama in office.

“Your dad will stay in the military for another 100 years if McCain won.”

At what point did McCain ever say anything like that? Case in point, ignorant. No teacher should be aloud to do what that woman did. Especially to kids that are below that age of even comprehending the differences between the candidates. [/quote]

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/04/mccain-100-years/

"During a town hall meeting in Derry, New Hampshire last night, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) told a crowd of roughly two hundred people that it ?would be fine with? him if the U.S. military stayed in Iraq for ?a hundred years?:

Q: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years ? (cut off by McCain)

McCAIN: Make it a hundred.

Q: Is that ? (cut off)

McCAIN: We?ve been in South Korea ? we?ve been in Japan for 60 years. We?ve been in South Korea 50 years or so. That would be fine with me. As long as Americans ?

Q: [tries to say something]

McCAIN: As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. That?s fine with me, I hope that would be fine with you, if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Queada is training and equipping and recruiting and motivating people every single day."

Yeah, really, at what point did Mccain say anything even remotely resembling that it would be “fine with him” if we were in Iraq for “make it a hundred” years.

…I’m sorry, you were saying something about a case in point?

[quote]Demiajax wrote:
She should be fired. Immediately. No respectable teacher should do anything like that. [/quote]

Hell. She has now demonstrated she is reliable. Probably be promoted.

So much hate, brother…its one thing to ask for her resignation, another entirely to take away her source of livelihood AND deny her fucking PENSION for one infraction! So she got political…slap her wrists!

[quote]JD430 wrote:

Anyway, that woman should immediately be fired, stripped of her pension and banned from the teaching profession for life . [/quote]

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:
That is pathetic. I hate to say it, but it is the ignorant people like her that put Obama in office.

“Your dad will stay in the military for another 100 years if McCain won.”

At what point did McCain ever say anything like that? Case in point, ignorant. No teacher should be aloud to do what that woman did. Especially to kids that are below that age of even comprehending the differences between the candidates.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/04/mccain-100-years/

"During a town hall meeting in Derry, New Hampshire last night, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) told a crowd of roughly two hundred people that it ?would be fine with? him if the U.S. military stayed in Iraq for ?a hundred years?:

Q: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years ? (cut off by McCain)

McCAIN: Make it a hundred.

Q: Is that ? (cut off)

McCAIN: We?ve been in South Korea ? we?ve been in Japan for 60 years. We?ve been in South Korea 50 years or so. That would be fine with me. As long as Americans ?

Q: [tries to say something]

McCAIN: As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. That?s fine with me, I hope that would be fine with you, if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Queada is training and equipping and recruiting and motivating people every single day."

Yeah, really, at what point did Mccain say anything even remotely resembling that it would be “fine with him” if we were in Iraq for “make it a hundred” years.

…I’m sorry, you were saying something about a case in point?

[/quote]

Even if he did say that she should be fired,

Or should we have been in schools telling the Obama supporters kids their parents were voting for a man who would take away his father’s right to protect him and his mother if a serial rapist were breaking into the house rape his mother and kill the family.

like his legislation in Chicago.

If that teacher were caught on tape they would be fired.

It is the far left of this country that tries to get to the youth because they know if they don’t they will be to intelligent to listen to them when they get older.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
So much hate, brother…its one thing to ask for her resignation, another entirely to take away her source of livelihood AND deny her fucking PENSION for one infraction! So she got political…slap her wrists!

JD430 wrote:

Anyway, that woman should immediately be fired, stripped of her pension and banned from the teaching profession for life .

[/quote]

No she demeaned a little girl and brought up the safety of here family.

She betrayed everything the little girls father stands for.

And he’s out there fighting for someone to do that to his daughter behind his back.

Real nice.

How old are these kids?

It is possible to have political discussions, and introduce kids to politics, in better ways than this. No need to ask who they are supporting. (Does it even fucking matter what a 12-year-old thinks?!) No need to inject personal opinions into the classroom.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
How old are these kids?

It is possible to have political discussions, and introduce kids to politics, in better ways than this. No need to ask who they are supporting. (Does it even fucking matter what a 12-year-old thinks?!) No need to inject personal opinions into the classroom.[/quote]

Agreed. Political ideologies have no place in an elementary school classroom. If children are not mature enough to process information and make any sort of educated judgment, they risk becoming indoctrinated.(many parents are also guilty of this)

What does this lead to? Another generation adhering to certain political positions do to unsubstantiated claims made by teachers and/or parents in their childhood. Sadly, this is all too unavoidable.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How old are these kids?

It is possible to have political discussions, and introduce kids to politics, in better ways than this. No need to ask who they are supporting. (Does it even fucking matter what a 12-year-old thinks?!) No need to inject personal opinions into the classroom.

Agreed. Political ideologies have no place in an elementary school classroom. If children are not mature enough to process information and make any sort of educated judgment, they risk becoming indoctrinated.(many parents are also guilty of this)

What does this lead to? Another generation adhering to certain political positions do to unsubstantiated claims made by teachers and/or parents in their childhood. Sadly, this is all too unavoidable. [/quote]

Yes but it is a oparents right too, not a teachers.

Sadly most teacher are far left in their apporaches or forced to be by administration.

To bad they would rather teach them you don’t have to work to get anything.

An if you don’t think that is true just look at our schools.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
So much hate, brother…its one thing to ask for her resignation, another entirely to take away her source of livelihood AND deny her fucking PENSION for one infraction! So she got political…slap her wrists!

JD430 wrote:

Anyway, that woman should immediately be fired, stripped of her pension and banned from the teaching profession for life .

[/quote]

You think that after that one incident she went back to doing her job properly…ie. teaching others to think for themselves and not bullying little kids?

And when is that bank holiday happening?

The sad thing is that this kind of indoctrination of our children has been going on for quite some time.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Chip Duglass wrote:
That is pathetic. I hate to say it, but it is the ignorant people like her that put Obama in office.

“Your dad will stay in the military for another 100 years if McCain won.”

At what point did McCain ever say anything like that? Case in point, ignorant. No teacher should be aloud to do what that woman did. Especially to kids that are below that age of even comprehending the differences between the candidates.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/04/mccain-100-years/

"During a town hall meeting in Derry, New Hampshire last night, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) told a crowd of roughly two hundred people that it ?would be fine with? him if the U.S. military stayed in Iraq for ?a hundred years?:

Q: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years ? (cut off by McCain)

McCAIN: Make it a hundred.

Q: Is that ? (cut off)

McCAIN: We?ve been in South Korea ? we?ve been in Japan for 60 years. We?ve been in South Korea 50 years or so. That would be fine with me. As long as Americans ?

Q: [tries to say something]

McCAIN: As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. That?s fine with me, I hope that would be fine with you, if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Queada is training and equipping and recruiting and motivating people every single day."

Yeah, really, at what point did Mccain say anything even remotely resembling that it would be “fine with him” if we were in Iraq for “make it a hundred” years.

…I’m sorry, you were saying something about a case in point?

[/quote]

Noted. Doesn’t change the fact that that lady is ignorant.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
So much hate, brother…its one thing to ask for her resignation, another entirely to take away her source of livelihood AND deny her fucking PENSION for one infraction! So she got political…slap her wrists!

JD430 wrote:

Anyway, that woman should immediately be fired, stripped of her pension and banned from the teaching profession for life .

[/quote]

Kids often get expelled over a single infraction. But, this video isn’t something new, teachers have always done this, whether they’re elementary or high school teachers and even quite a bit of college professors are worse than her.

Many teachers will mark you down if you write an essay on a topic that goes against their viewpoints. This woman though, does owe that girl and her family an apology. But since this video has gone public, and I’m sure parents aren’t to happy over this (unless they’re Obama supporters) her job is probably already in jeopardy.

My 7 year old came home a few weeks ago and told us that we HAD to vote for Obama, or everybody would lose their houses.

Turns out it was the same teacher who convinced him that he NEEDED to eat ice cream everyday in order to be healthy. Because moderation is very important!

I really hate that woman.

Don’t you love government schools?

This teacher will be replaced and the parents will have no control over who the school district hires.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
My 7 year old came home a few weeks ago and told us that we HAD to vote for Obama, or everybody would lose their houses.

Turns out it was the same teacher who convinced him that he NEEDED to eat ice cream everyday in order to be healthy. Because moderation is very important!

I really hate that woman.

[/quote]

This woman is clearly psychotic and should be put to rest for the sake of the children.

Honestly, I’m not sure if the Obama thing or the ice cream thing is more infuriating…