Tea Party Will go Nowhere Unless...

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Sign this is just the thing Mr O said when he grilled Republicans last week; people talking bullshit and spreading mistruth. Calling your own president a communist is one of those things that is not only untrue but also stupid in which it actually works against the message you were trying to deliver in the first place.[/quote]

Read Dream’s of My Father and tell me he isn’t a communist at heart.

[quote]
A lot of the people at that convention sound like they have an personal motive against Obama. Talk about being derogatory, rude and demeaning.[/quote]

Er, where have you been the last decade? This is ALL people sounded like when they talked about Bush. At least Obama haters can point to actual things he’s DONE that they hate, instead of vague notions of what he’s done in general.

[quote]
If they keep talking like that no one is going to take them seriously. Hearing those birthers pisses me off especially when its been clearly shown via birth certificate that he was born in Hawaii.[/quote]

The birthers are retarded. That I can agree with. Obama has planned so much unconstitutional BS there are far more pressing matters to contend with then his date of birth.

Wanna guess why the birthers get so much press? FOX isn’t the only one giving these guys air time. Big Media is loving it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Wow, I really got behind.

Unfortunately HH AND Lifty are correct, but I believe for different reasons than they probably do. None of this will have any lasing impact. We may delay the inevitable a little while, but the younger generations, the grandchildren of the 60’s, will usher in the final collapse of anything resembling a faithful traditional family and with it the last remnants of what was once the United States. All the rest of this is merely symptomatic. We are almost there already.

[/quote]

Nuclear family = Stability is largely bullshit.

Though I agree, the baby boomers will fuck us all.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Unfortunately HH AND Lifty are correct, but I believe for different reasons than they probably do. None of this will have any lasing impact. We may delay the inevitable a little while, but the younger generations, the grandchildren of the 60’s, will usher in the final collapse of anything resembling a faithful traditional family and with it the last remnants of what was once the United States. All the rest of this is merely symptomatic. We are almost there already.

[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, when the currency crisis hits you will see that families will have to stay together to make it.

What we saw at the Tea Party Convention was them figuring out which direction they are going to go in. They will notice what people where receptive too and what they where not receptive too. They will then unite around what the people like and continue to grow.

Anyone who thinks some group is going to come out of no where and have no flaws in it is expecting way to much. Give this movement time, you want to see what the Tea party produces look at Rand Paul.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
There are no political solutions to political problems.[/quote]

Very nice, and very true I think.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
My feeling is that we have to save ourselves from ourselves. And maybe the only “solution” is in the article HH posted…the whole things has to collapse and anarchy reign.

I just pray that doesn’t happen.

Mufasa

[/quote]

Anarchy >> Slavery

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, when the currency crisis hits you will see that families will have to stay together to make it. [/quote]

People who grit their teeth and tolerate each other under the same roof out of external necessity are no more a family than the growing majority who now just break up or never start a family in the first place.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

People who grit their teeth and tolerate each other under the same roof out of external necessity are no more a family than the growing majority who now just break up or never start a family in the first place.[/quote]

Most marriages have been out of necessity throughout time. This idea that everyone was getting married because they love each other is a fantasy. In the 1930’s we saw marriages last because they stayed together out of necessity.

Edited*

In times of need marriage will thrive, in times of plenty it will wither.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

People who grit their teeth and tolerate each other under the same roof out of external necessity are no more a family than the growing majority who now just break up or never start a family in the first place.[/quote]

Most marriages have been out of necessity throughout time. This idea that everyone was getting married because they love each other is a fantasy. In the 1930’s we saw marriages last because they stayed together out of necessity.

Edited*

In times of need marriage will thrive, in times of plenty it will wither.[/quote]

Love is a decision. A commitment of the will. Not a fluffy hormonal sensation that one falls in and out of. Children who grow up in a faithful committed family consisting of one man and one woman for life despite the human foibles of both parents, learn all the things that make that possible. Self sacrifice, self control, keeping your word (vows), productive problem solving and high principles in interpersonal relationships including business and finance as I promise you people who maintain a commitment to one another are much less likely to be lured into crooked financial practices.

They learn that there are things in life more important then the instantaneous fulfillment of self absorbed hedonistic pursuits. Most children today learn, if mom and or dad, not to even mention this decaying culture are any example, whatever YOU want right now is paramount. Piddly things like marriage vows and their own nurture will not be allowed to stand in the way of whatever looks like the most fun at this moment. This generates an ever downward spiraling culture of ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW as they grow up and produce more like themselves and so on.

Throw in the truly sick notion that even an unborn human life at it’s absolutely most needy and vulnerable should be killed if it interferes with YOU even though YOU are responsible for producing it and it astonishes me that anybody has to ponder what has gone wrong with this country. The 60’s generation is now in ascendancy and we are reaping what we’ve sown. No political movement will ever make a dent in this, the rotten soil out of which everything else grows. This country will never EVER be stronger than it’s committed families. Nothing anybody can say to me will convince me otherwise.

Marriage does not matter, never has never will. Its all about financial well being, marriage is nothing more then a way for people to stay safe financially. That is why you see marriages falling apart all the time over money. And right now it makes no sense to get married, all you are doing is taking a 50/50 chance of having half your stuff stolen.

The traditional family structure will return when we finally have to reap what we sowed, and fix these outdated laws that make it so women are better off just marring the guy for a while then leaving and taking half his shit plus child support and all the other bullshit the state allows them to steal.

Marriage is actually delayed in times of financial stress, as in the Great Depression:

The birthrate falls when people get poorer. The divorce rate also falls, due to the expense of lawyer’s fees. It’s more common for both husband and wife to work, again out of economic necessity.

Whether that adds up to a “traditional” family is unclear.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Marriage does not matter, never has never will. Its all about financial well being, marriage is nothing more then a way for people to stay safe financially. That is why you see marriages falling apart all the time over money. And right now it makes no sense to get married, all you are doing is taking a 50/50 chance of having half your stuff stolen.

The traditional family structure will return when we finally have to reap what we sowed, and fix these outdated laws that make it so women are better off just marring the guy for a while then leaving and taking half his shit plus child support and all the other bullshit the state allows them to steal.

[/quote]

Get a prenuptial agreement.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Marriage is actually delayed in times of financial stress, as in the Great Depression:

The birthrate falls when people get poorer. The divorce rate also falls, due to the expense of lawyer’s fees. It’s more common for both husband and wife to work, again out of economic necessity.

Whether that adds up to a “traditional” family is unclear.[/quote]

How come the birthrate in New Orleans drastically went up after Katrina. Because they were poor and didn’t have nothing else to do.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[/quote]

Get a prenuptial agreement.[/quote]

Even then your still paying child support.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[/quote]

This is exactly upside down and backwards and couldn’t possibly be more wrong.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
They get some wise leadership and at least some semblance of unified direction.

So far at the convention I’ve seen, the alleged honcho who’s name escapes me at the moment say “people who couldn’t even spell the word vote have elected an avowed communist” and Joe Farah put the birth certificate thing front and center.

I have no problem with calling Obama a communist, but the clear implication is that illiterate blacks are responsible for his election. This is exactly the way to phrase something like this if your intention is to hand the media a Desert Eagle 50 and paint an “I’m a racist” bullseye on your temple. I understand and even probably agree with the thrust of what this guy was trying to say, but there are one thousand wiser and more effective ways to state it.

Regardless of what anybody thinks of the birther issue, it is unbelievable political stupidity to make it a platform in your agenda. Obama has handed clear thinking constitutional constructionists a very impressive arsenal of weaponry to point at him. What, WHAT, is wrong with these people pulling the citizenship question out of the back of some drawer when there is a room full of artillery staring them in the face?

Very disappointing and breathtakingly sophomoric. I am not in any way saying that they should play softball, but how about SMART hardball??[/quote]

What, populists shooting themselves in the foot?

You don’t say! That’s never happened before.
<===

[quote]John S. wrote:
Thinking this is going nowhere shows people still don’t understand, it was when they supported Brown that he got elected. If they can put a republican in office in Mass, just think of what they could do in a more conservative friendly state. This is the direction of the future. [/quote]
It’s not the direction of anything, it’s a fluke. Coakley simply ran a bad campaign. I live here and I can tell you that it’s business as usual. Politics and nepotism. Nothing new under the sun.

P.S. Mass. had Republicans in office under Romney, Celluci, Swift, etc… I shall remind you of this fact every time you profess how “amazing” it is that Brown got elected.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
What most everyone fails to understand, from the Tea Party people to the Libs, is that we are mathematically and certainly doomed. No matter what anyone does, we are doomed.

Most spending is LOCKED in stone. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are untouchable and mathematically MUST destroy the country. They are at least half of the budget. Anyone who tries to reform these will immediately be demagogued by the other party and would be voted out anyway. As long as we have a popular democracy, those programs are untouchable.

Like a machine gone mad, the system will spiral out of control. A military dictatorship will be installed, with old people getting tiny doles and doctors being drafted and forced to serve.

This is all a certainty, just as 2 + 2 = 4.

"The trap got sprung in 1983, when Social Security went bankrupt. That was the year Reagan â?? President Tax Cut â?? signed a new law for funding Social Security. The new law imposed income taxes on Social Security payments. It also scheduled a series of increases in the wage base subject to FICA taxes.

That emergency measure deferred the day of reckoning until now. The law was passed in the first year of Reagan’s massive deficits: over $200 billion in 1983 dollars, meaning close to $500 billion in today’s money. That was the end of the Republican Party’s commitment to a balanced budget.

Bill Clinton benefited politically from balanced budgets, 1998â??2001, but only by means of a statistical trick: using Social Security’s net income after payouts as net revenue for the government, and then burying the liabilities in the government’s off-budget accounts. This has been common practice ever since the Johnson Administration.

That game of political deception will end this year. This year marks the year â?? like 1983 â?? when receipts from FICA taxes will not cover outlays in the program. The flow of funds will henceforth move from the general fund to the Social Security Administration."

[/quote]
HH, you are absolutely correct. Nice to see a quality post from you for a change. The current system is, indeed, “locked in” both legislatively and ideologically. There is simply no way that people in this country, who for generations have been raised on entitlements (even the elderly), are going to give that up in favor of high-minded libertarian principles which the vast majority cannot even comprehend.

And great article linked at the bottom. I had already read it on LRC. Gary North always knows what he is talking about.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Give it time. Eventually a leader will emerge. In the mean time, I will just sit back and watch in wonder as loosely affiliated bands of politically disenchanted voters wreak havoc on a party of decadent, opportunistic, social predators who have gotten too fat to defend themselves.

With leadership and bureaucracy comes expense, corruption, and a whole mess of other problems. With no leadership, there is no one for the opponent to smear, and no one to negotiate with or appeal to. It’s beautiful. [/quote]

What “havoc” have they wreaked? Can you name the establishment politicians who have been ousted in favor of populists? Have any of the following individuals been elected recently: Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, Peter Schiff, Harry Browne (deceased), Ross Perot, Jim Trafficant, etc…? No? Wake me when it happens. But don’t hold your breath.

Many of you are proving yourselves to be quite the gullible serfs on threads like these. If there is one truth to politics and life, it’s that mass movements almost never succeed. Too many idiots, too much shouting, not enough direction. All talk, little action.

If you want to see real change in your lifetime, then you need to undermine the system from within. Work your ass off to become a multi-millionaire and then have the courage and fortitude to risk your fortune and your life to take a stand against the establishment. If your net worth isn’t above 5 mil, you are worthless and your opinion is worthless and you are incapable of influencing anything. America is a corporate state. Learn how the game is played before opening your mouth.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I just pray that doesn’t happen.
[/quote]

Quit praying. Get a gun and buy land and livestock. Pull out your deck chair and prepare to enjoy the show.

NP…this is Golden:

…If there is one truth to politics and life, it’s that mass movements almost never succeed. Too many idiots, too much shouting, not enough direction. All talk, little action…

Mufasa

Here are a few links which some of you may find informative.

Individualism and Self Empowerment:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4669582/How_I_Found_Freedom_In_An_Unfree_World_By_Harry_Browne

“How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World” is one of the greatest books ever written for individualists, anarcho-capitalists, paleo-conservatives, libertarians, and free-thinkers of all sorts. Chapter 6, the “Group Trap”, has special relevance to this thread. If you ever read and liked Ayn Rand, try Browne. He was a brilliant articulator of libertarian and capitalist views on par with Rothbard.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3417072/Max_Stirner_-_The_Ego_and_His_Own_-_1844

http://www.amazon.com/Might-Survival-Fittest-Ragnar-Redbeard/dp/0972823301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265769965&sr=1-1

^ An unbelievable book of truths which most people will find incomprehensible.

http://www.freetheorder.org/DavidLane/whywotan.html

Economics and Banking:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4457906/The_Creature_From_Jekyll_Island_-_G._Edward_Griffin

Real History:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4334196/Protocols_of_the_Learned_Elders_of_Zion_(Original_Book).pdf

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3843578/CARROLL_QUIGLEY_-_TRAGEDY_AND_HOPE_-_A_HISTORY_OF_THE_WORLD_IN_O

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5258085/David_Irving_EBooks

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4647633/Dr._David_Duke_-_Audio_Book_-_Jewish_Supremacism_(Full_Version)

Revilo P Oliver was a notable American anti-communist writer, one-time member of the far-right, paleo-conservative John Birch Society, and professor of classical studies at the University of Illinois. Most of his excellent works can be found online.

http://www.revilo-oliver.com/
http://www.stormfront.org/rpo/

“It must be remembered that the Jews operate by discovering and exploiting causes of dissent within nations, inciting classes and comparable groups within the nation to reciprocal antagonism, and exacerbating the rivalries to the point of civil war, until the nation is paralyzed and reduced to masses of individuals who no longer feel they have anything in common except the geographical territory they inhabit. The Jewish technique, as was too candidly explained by the notorious agitator, Herbert Aptheker, consists in finding large groups of goyim who can be isolated from the rest of the society on the basis of some economic, occupational, regional, cultural, sexual, or racial interest they have in common, persuading them that they are “oppressed” by the wicked society, inciting them to hatred of their “oppressors” and making them greedy for the profits they think they can gain by “demanding their rights,” and thus setting each group against all others until the nation is paralysed by pseudo-legal contention that may hopefully be expected to eventuate in civil wars, massive massacres, and a reversion to total barbarism.”

The Allied victory in WW2 definitively represented the nail in the coffin of Western civilization. If this does not strike you as self-evident, then you have much to unlearn.

Philosophy:

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Thought-Action-S-I-Hayakawa/dp/0156482401/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265770405&sr=1-2

Snapshots of a civilization in decline:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hood+2+hood&search_type=

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9B13F4E631842971&search_query=scandinavia+islam&rclk=pti
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0FDBBB8D6AEB7E09&search_query=uk+islamization&rclk=pti

Truth Tellers - Know them when you see them:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3261240F7884C7D3&search_query=nick+griffin+copenhagen&rclk=pti

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog/

On Women and Human Behavior:

http://www.fireyourwife.com/
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3882400/Fire_Your_Wife__amp__No_Marriage_ebooks