TCam's Log - The Road to Elite

Oh, look, they screwed up the formatting. I wonder if they’re going to fix the entries that now look like shit.

Cornerstone Training - Week 10 - Day 2

Paused Bench:
4x7x295
12x295 - PR. Should have gone for 13 to beat my 285x13 from a couple weeks ago.

Z-Press:
4x8x155

Paused DB Floor Press:
3x10x110s

HS Bent Row - Straps:
5x8x270

Triceps Extension - Myo-Reps:
1x15 + 8x5 x 65

A1 | Single Arm Rear Delt Fly:
4x15/15x20

A2 | KB Curl:
3x12x50s

I was dreading the 5x7+ at 295 before I went into the gym, thinking that it was going to be really difficult. Turns out, it was pretty easy. The weight just does not feel heavy in my hands at all at this point. The only thing holding me back on my AMRAP was that I had a lot of anterior delt, trap, and neck tightness on the right side that was being pulled during each set. I couldn’t get it to loosen up during warm-ups or throughout, so I just played it safe with a conservative AMRAP.

Z-Press is up 20 lbs over last week’s 3x8, but I need to fix my setup. I’m using a rack where I can hook my feet under it and lean back if I have to, and that’s allowing me to make it easier than it should be. So no more hooking the feet.

Friday - Cornerstone Training - Week 10 - Day 3

Beltless Squat - Oly Shoes:
5x2x395
8x395 - Felt good, only the upper back was struggling, otherwise had 2 in me.

Beltless Paused Deadlift:
2x3x405
5x3x425

Beltless RDL - Straps:
2x8x315
2x8x315+Mini Band

A1 | Reverse Lunge:
4x10/10x80

A2 | HS High Row:
4x8x270

“Free Motion” Ab Pulldown:
3x15x110

Really happy with how squats are feeling at this point. These moved as well if not better than last week’s 365s. My PR belted is 425x10, so the AMRAP isn’t too far off that. Had some minimal knee pain the following day.

Deadlifts were pretty terrible again. Low back was just getting trashed. But I’ll figure it out soon enough.

Today - Cornerstone Training - Week 10 - Day 4

Paused Bench:
4x345
4x365
3x375 - Narrowly missed the 4th. Got it about halfway up. Still a match 3RM.
2x5x325
8x325 - PR

Pin Press:
7x295
1x295 - Left pec strained right off the pins on the 2nd rep.

A1 | Cable Low Row:
4x10x180
20x180

A2 | Band Fly:
3x20 @ Mini - Pretty painful

Single Arm Cable Rear Delt:
4x15/15x15

Single Arm Cable Lateral Delt:
3x15/15x15

B1 | Band Pushdown:
3x20 @ 2 minis

B2 | Band Facepull:
3x20 @ 2 minis

Well I thought I had found my immunity from pec strains in this new grip, but I guess I haven’t. I didn’t really have a warning before it strained, but luckily I was on the pins so I could just drop it. In hindsight, the failed rep at 375 and the AMRAP at 325 should have made me realize 295 was too much for pin presses and I should have coasted with lighter weight for the remainder. Oh well, I’ll rehab it for a couple of weeks and get back into it. Left pec has strained like 3 times before compared to the maybe 8-10 on the right.

Still happy with how 375 moved.

Sunday - Cornerstone Training - Week 10 - Day 5

OHP:
5x3x185

Lat Pulldown:
3x12x160

EZ Bar Curl:
3x12x80

Cable Curl - Rope:
3x10x50

Very simple and light optional day. I did a couple sets of 20 on incline with the bar to start and feel out my pec. Didn’t hurt on that angle at least. OHP was completely fine, so I’ll likely just be doing overhead variations for a week or 2 until I’m healed up. I’m not going to do the Bill Starr rehab method again, but I am going to bench the bar every day at work. Today, Monday, I did 4x25 and had pain on probably 15/100 reps. I also got a set of Gua Sha tools for massage that I can use as well, so I’ll do that periodically. I think this one will be a simple recovery.

Cornerstone Training - Week 11 - Day 1

Deadlift w/ Belt - Okie Bar:
5x2x515
5x515 - Repeated last week’s pulls. Wasn’t that much better.

Beltless Paused Squat - Flat Shoes:
6x4x365 - Happy to hit this pretty easily. Zero knee pain at this point.

Beltless Pin Front Squat:
6x225
2x6x245
6x225

Standing Single Leg Curl:
3x15/15x50

Conditioning:
4 rounds for time - 20 calorie row and 25 KB swings x 55 lbs - 13:15

Not quite sure what’s going on with my deadlift. I feel like I’m way off on setup and position at the bottom. 2 weeks ago I pulled 495 and they were some of the most solid reps I’ve pulled. So, again, not sure what’s going on. I think I’d like to get more volume in though.

I’m happy with how squats are going though. I’m just going to keep doing one day of flat shoes and the main day of Oly shoes. It should keep the overuse feeling from coming back.

I hate every front squat variation. Especially pin front squats.

Also, I’ve decided I’m going to do metcon style conditioning for my cardio at last half the time. I’ll probably have two cardio slots a week and I’ll do something like I did today or I’ll just hop on the bike for 15 mins. Today was very rough, but I think it’s a solid way to stay conditioned and moderately athletic.

Friday - Cornerstone Training - Week 11 - Day 2

OHP:
3x3x205
2x5x185
8x185

High Incline Arnold Press:
10x50s
3x10x60s

Lat Pulldown - Straps:
5x6x240

Cable Low Row w/ Band:
3x12x160+1 dbl mini

A1 | Pec Fly:
20x5s
20x7.5s - Tried 10 per side, but it hurt too much

A2 | Band Single Arm Rear Delt:
2x30xMini

Obviously this was a bench replacement workout because of my pec. Update on that, I’ve been benching the bar each day for high reps and it’s getting better, but it’s slower than I was expecting. Can’t worry too much about it though.

OHP felt pretty good during the 3x3, but the back off sets felt heavy.

Cornerstone Training - Week 11 - Day 3

Squat w/ Belt - Oly Shoes:
5x2x415 - This was supposed to be beltless, but I was having some weird back pain.
8x415 - Pretty big set for the knee rehab and the back feeling like shit.

Beltless Deadlift:
8x2x455 - EMOM: Every minute on the minute

RDL - Belt/Straps:
2x10x315
15x315 - Did these with a belt to avoid back pain and also put the emphasis on my glutes/hams. Worked really well actually.

A1 | Reverse Lunge:
3x10/10x80

A2 | Lying Leg Raise:
3x20

So back pain now. I don’t know what’s going on, but on my warm ups around 315 I started feeling some pain in my right hip. Not during the squat itself, but on the walk out/in and then walking around. The pain moved to my left lower back and still hurts several hours later. It wasn’t hurting during the lifts themselves, just walking, weighted or not. Going to stretch and foam roll/LAX ball it and pray to the lower back gods to spare me. We’ll see.

Anyway, the squats themselves felt fine and all moved really well. My PR belted is 425x10 and I think I could have gotten 415x10 today, the AMRAP was just capped at 8 like it has been recently. Also good news is that I’m not feeling any knee pain at this point.

EMOM deadlifts suck, especially when you want to be non-explosive to protect your back. Ugh, enough bitching. RDLs with a belt are the way to go for dem ass and hammy gains.

Cornerstone Training - Week 11 - Day 4

Back pain didn’t necessarily get worse overnight, but it didn’t fix itself, so I took this workout very easy and was careful. It’s the beginning of deload week tomorrow anyway and I have a back and pec to heal. Here’s the gist from today, can’t remember everything.

Seated Paused OHP:
4x10x135

DB Curls:
4x10/10x50

Band Abduction:
3x25 @ Dbl Mini

Incline BB Row:
6x10x135 - Hard isometric pull into the bottom of the bench on the last rep.

HS Wide Bench - Single Arm:
30/30x25
2x30/30x50 - These felt good on the pec.

Band Ab Pulldown:
3x15 @ Avg

I also hung (hanged, whatever) upside down in an average band for lower back distraction for a while. I’ve found that my back feels better when I move more and feels worse when I don’t move for a while. I’m 99% sure this isn’t a nerve thing, but I do have some referred pain in the glute and upper hamstring sometimes. That said, I don’t know what it is, I just know stretching and moving feels better, so I’ll be doing that.

Only note on the workout: I like those incline barbell rows a lot, much more than the dumbbell variety. Will keep those in for sure.

Cornerstone Training - Week 12 - Day 1 - XXXtreme Deload

Beltless Double Paused Deadlift - Double Overhand:
8x2x315 - <60 sec rest

Beltless 4 Ct. Eccentric Paused Squat:
6x4x225

Incline Barbell Row:
4x8x225 - No straps, long hold on very last rep of like 20 seconds

Lying Leg Curl:
3x10x110

90 Degree Plate Crunch:
3x15x25 - On back, hips and knees in 90 degree position, plate held at arms length. Reach toward the ceiling. From the recent John Rusin article on 1/16. Came just in time to help with my back.

Cable Pec Fly:
20x7.5s
2x20x12.5s - Pretty painful, but made it through.

This is going to be a big deload due to my pec and my back needing to get with the picture. My back wasn’t any better or any worse today. So that’s good/bad or something. Still finding that more movement is better and I can perform basic lifts without an issue. I’m actually having a hard time replicating the pain other than during squat walkouts and some odd positions. I was reaching and bending over for plates this whole workout and it was completely stable, so I’m as confused as ever.

I haven’t done double paused deadlifts in a while, but I wanted to make the lighter weight at least somewhat difficult and I also wanted to focus on control during this workout. The deadlift and the squat both felt pretty good, other than the squat walkouts. Definitely see the incline barbell row being a staple from here on, because it really hits the upper back and lower traps. Plus it’s a good position to build my grip strength.

Cornerstone Training - Week 12 - Day 2 - Deload

Seated OHP:
4x185
4x205
3x225 @ 9.5 - Wanted 4 to match PR, but the 3rd rep wasn’t easy enough to warrant going for it.
2x6x185
8x185 @ 7.5

Lat Pulldown - Wide Neutral:
4x8x220

A1 | HS Incline Press - Single Arm:
3x15/15x45

A2 | Triceps Pushdown:
3x15x50

Alternating DB Hammer Curl:
4x10/10x55s

Push-Ups:
3x10 - Testing out pecs mostly. They’re getting better, but still some pain.

90 Degree Plate Crunch:
3x15x25

Pretty basic workout. This morning at work, I benched 135x12 with some pain and 95x15 with no pain and explosively. So the pec is moving along, just letting it do its thing. The back issue is going away soon too, I believe. Gonna keep deloading pretty heavily though.

Log Dump - Deload Week - Days 3-5

Friday - Day 3

Beltless Squat:
6x2x365 - No AMRAP. Hips were tight, so I paused a few of these reps and they felt better that way.

Beltless Sumo - Straps:
6x2x405 - Went very wide to test it out, felt decent. I can’t get mixed grip down with sumo though so I have to use straps or hook grip (which I don’t do), so conventional it is.

Beltless RDL:
3x10x225

A1 | Leg Extension w/ Single Leg Ecc:
3x15/15x50

A2 | Standing Single Leg Curl:
3x15/15x50

Saturday - Day 4

Paused Bench:
4x5x185
15x185 - Some pec pain on the first set, so I just stayed light. This set was like RPE 2 with no pain.

Standing OHP:
5x3x185

Meadows Row:
3x10/10x115

A1 | Cable Pec Fly + Press:
4x15+15x25s - No pain

A2 | Band Triceps Pushdown:
4x15 @ Light

Single Arm Cable Rear Delt:
3x15/15x20

Sunday - Day 5

Incline Bench:
5x10x135 - Easy, no pain

HS Wide Bench - Single Arm:
20/20x45
20/20x70
20/20x90
15/15x115 - 2.5 plates per side, all pec contraction and zero pain.

Lying Incline EZ Bar Curl:
3x10x100

Machine Dips:
3x12x210

Isolateral Cable Low Row:
3x9/9x70 - Held one arm in contacted position while the other did 3 reps, then switched, until 3 sets of 3 were done for 1 total set.

This was a decent deload week and I certainly needed it. My lower back issue is completely gone as far as I can tell and my pec is coming along nicely. Hopefully by the end of this upcoming week, it will be completely ready for heavier weights again. I’m switching my training up again, so that I’ll be spreading out the benching a little more and going back to deadlifting 4 times per week, with different intensities and variations of course. I’m still thinking I’m going to do this meet on 2/20 to qualify for the bigger meet in June.

Cornerstone Training - Week 13 - Day 1

3" Block Pull w/ Belt:
5x3x495 - First set beltless.
6x495 @ RPE 8

Beltless Paused Squat:
6x3x315 - 45-60 sec rest for the first 4 sets. Last 2 delayed by talking.

Beltless Front Squat:
5x5x255 @ RPE 7 overall - Will be getting heavier on front squats going forward.

A1 | Lying Hamstring Curl:
3x15x80

A2 | 90 Degree Plate Crunch:
3x15x25

Conditioning:
4 rounds- 20 calorie row and 20 conventional stance KB swings x 60 lbs - 11:55

Went ahead and started my new programming even though I’m not 100% sure I like it the way it is. I’m basically going to be doing 5 days per week again, though the 5th day could be omitted if necessary, and I’ll be working with weight slots, I guess you’d call them. Like today was “heavy” deadlift, “control” squat, and “strength” squat. Heavy meaning 2-5 reps for 20-24 total reps @ RPE 7-9, control being 2-5 reps for 15-25 @ RPE 5-7, and strength being 4-8 reps for 20-32 @ RPE 7-9. “Volume” and “light volume” also have slots. I’ll be alternating the slots in 2 weeks, making a Week A and B. Not every slot gets attached to every lift. For instance, bench has all five, but deadlift doesn’t get a volume slot. It’s hard to describe in just text, but the point is to give me a good amount of variation, enough chances to perfect technique as I can get, and hopefully stay away from injuries. The control slot is important and is my chance to make sure I’m focusing a lot on maintaining form and being explosive, with a minimal chance of injury.

The workout itself was good, but I suck a lot at block pulls. I’ve never been good at them, other than sumo, so I feel like I need to work them in more often. I decided to stop at 6 on the AMRAP because I just felt awkward and unsure of the movement.

Paused squats and front squats went well and redeemed the workout. Explosive in both. The front squats were RPE 7 in form/speed and RPE 12 in breathing. Hate em.

Knocked off a good 1:20 from the last time I did basically this same metcon, so that’s good. I’m ready for my Reebok sponsorship.

Week 13 - Day 2

Paused Bench - IPF Style:
8x2x225 - No pain, just getting back into it slowly with some control work

JM Press:
4x15x135

Incline Barbell Row:
15x145
3x15x145 - FatGripz

EZ Bar Curl:
3x12x80

DB Lateral Raise:
4x10x25s

HS Incline Bench:
3x20x90+Mini Band

Well I got a stomach virus on Tuesday and had to skip my workout and work on Wednesday. I couldn’t eat or drink anything but soup and Gatorade and I’m just now getting to be able to eat whole meals, barely. So, I’m treating this mainly as an extra deload week while I get healthy hopefully. I say hopefully because I also feel like I’m getting sick with a cold now. Really a pain in the ass last few days. I’m on the fence about doing this qualifying meet in a few weeks or even the national meet in June. Nothing to do with being sick, just that I don’t want to force meets to happen when I promised myself to avoid them until I knew I could hit elite numbers.

Week 13 - Day 3 - Saturday

Squat w/ Belt:
1x365
1x405
1x455 @ 7
4x3x405 - Not bad, but it wasn’t amazing

Beltless Deficit Deadlift:
6x4x405 - Held the last rep for 15 breaths or about 30 seconds.

Banded Leg Press:
4x10x270+2 dbl minis and 2 half lights

Lat Pulldown w/ Rope:
4x8x160

Pallof Press:
3x10/10x40

Cable Fly:
3x15x15s

At this point I was pretty much okay from a stomach point of view but squats were still making it a little weird. I wanted to work up to an easy single prior to my work sets, so that’s why I did that. I may throw that in every couple weeks just to feel some weight out.

The 405 squats were alright, but I just wasn’t super explosive. I’m not surprised considering my significantly lowered diet over the past 4 days. I decided against any AMRAPing today.

Deficit pulls felt good. They were all around RPE 5. Just keeping it easy and figuring stuff out.

Week 13 - Day 4 - Sunday

Paused Bench - Controlled/Light Touch - Ring Finger on Ring:
5x225
5x2x275 - First time above 225 since last pec strain 3 weeks ago.
3x5x225

Paused Incline Bench:
4x5x185
15x185 - Benchmark PR

Meadows Row:
4x10/10x90

Triceps Pushdown:
3x8x115
2x15x70

Cable Fly:
3x15x30s

Facepull:
2x25x50

Bench felt good today, so that’s promising. I treated this as another control day and really tried to make all of the reps perfect. Increased my grip width another finger but I’m not sure I’ll make that my training grip. May be good to practice it for meets though.

Pec seems to be fine. I’ll step carefully into higher rep ranges with heavier weight and hope that my new programming is smart enough to avoid anymore strains.

Restarting - The Road to Elite - Week 1 - Day 1

Deadlift w/ Belt:
4x6x455 @ RPE 7-8 - These all moved pretty well other than a couple technical hiccups.

Beltless Squat w/ Chains (+70):
8x275+70 @ RPE 6
8x295+70 @ RPE 7
8x315+70 @ RPE 7

Beltless 3 Ct. Eccentric Squat:
5x3x315 @ RPE 5 - Took a couple sets to get used to the lack of chains, but felt good after that.

Seated Band Leg Curl:
3x25 @ Light

Band Crunch w/ Feet Up:
3x12 @ Mini - Cue cramping

Conditioning:
3x500m Row - Came out to about 6:30 and 83 calories. No metcon today because I was dead from the workout itself and the higher rep stuff is conditioning enough.

Alright, I’ve decided on not doing the qualifying meet or likely any meet this year. Earliest maybe October or something. Since I was sick last week, I’ve decided to restart this thing. I’m titling it “The Road to Elite” since that’s the name of the log and it’s about time I get my ass there. The name of the game is going to be control. Both during the movements and keeping myself reigned in psychologically. Things like no unplanned AMRAPs.

Today’s workout was a heavy slot Tier 1 deadlift, strength slot T2 squat, and control slot T3 squat, to give you an idea of what I was doing. I’m at the top rep range end of both the heavy and strength slots to get me started with some volume basically.

The deadlift went really well and I can tell that I really needed to lower the weight based on the past few weeks of pulling. Squats with chains felt pretty great. I could have doing another RPE 7 set, but I am just starting and need some reasonable volume to build on first.

The Road to Elite - Week 1 - Day 2

Paused Bench w/ Chains (+40):
4x5x245+40 @ RPE 5 - Tough call on the RPE, this was very easy, but I could feel some lingering pec pain, so I decided to stick with a low weight.

Paused Bench:
3x10x225 @ RPE 5 - Tried to make these perfect with tons of control. No pain here.

Beltless Sumo Deadlift - Straps:
7x3x435 @ RPE 5 - Control slot

Machine Seated Row:
12x150
2x12x165
2x12x180

A1 | Cable Fly:
3x15x30s

A2 | KB Curl:
3x20x30s

Cable Isolateral Facepull (High Angle):
3x20x20s

I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this workout, since it was the first time test my pec other than the 5x2x275 I did on Sunday, but I knew adding reps would be the main issue. This was supposed to be a strength slot followed by a volume slot, but I wasn’t going to push for either, hence the low RPE. I could feel some pain in the strained area as the pec worked, but not necessarily pulling on it like it was a problem. I think it is just about healed though, so I’ll keep with the lower weight until I don’t feel any pain at all.

Sumo was easy and fast, I just had some left posterior knee pain between some of the sets. Seems okay the next morning.

The Road to Elite - Week 1 - Day 3 - Friday

Squat w/ Belt:
1x405
1x455 @ 6
1x475 @ 7.5
4x6x365 @ 7-7.5

Beltless Deficit Deadlift:
4x7x365 @ 7 - Thought I’d be getting something above 405 for these, but damn 7 reps is a lot from a deficit.

A1 | Banded Leg Press:
5x10x270+2 dbl minis

A2 | Lat Pulldown - Straps:
8x240 - Wide neutral
2x8x220 - Wide Neutral
2x8x220 - Med pronated

Mountain Climber Plank:
3x10/10

Standing Single Leg Curl:
2x15/15x60

Really happy with the singles I got with 455 and 475, but mostly the 455 because it was super easy. RPE in this case isn’t really a reps in reserve type of thing, just a difficulty metric. I’ll be taking a single at RPE 7.5 for squat and deadlift on alternating weeks. So this week was obviously squats, and next week (Monday) I’ll pull my deadlift single. This should be enough to keep my neurologically primed and used to heavy weights. Hopefully I’ll see increases every 2 weeks at that same RPE.

The 4x6x365 on squats was good. It got tough near the end, but never had less than 2 reps in the tank. Deficit deadlift was pretty awful. Just lots of reps and my lower back was fatigued from squats already. Still the same thing though, no less than 2 reps in reserve. It’s interesting to see that I can still get a very difficult workout in without going to RPE 8 or more.

Week 1 - Day 4 - Saturday

Paused Bench:
4x6x275 @ 6.5 - Was supposed to get to 7.5, but I was surprised I got to this weight without pain, so I stayed there

Seated OHP:
8x155 @ 6.5
8x165 @ 7.5
8x165 @ 8
8x155 @ 7.5

Incline Barbell Row:
3x8x225 - Medium grip
2x8x225 - Wide grip (pinkies on rings)

JM Press:
3x10x185

HS Wide Bench w/ Band:
3x[10/10]+[10/10]x45+1 dbl mini - Stretched ROM/Short ROM

Facepull:
4x15x50

Conditioning:
5 rounds: 15 med ball slams (18 lbs) + 15 KB swings (55 lbs) w/ 30 seconds rest

Really surprised myself with the 275 sets on bench. I thought I was going to feel some pain in my pecs based on Wednesday’s workout, but there was nothing. Just smooth sailing and lots of control.

Everything else was pretty basic. The OHP was supposed to be 3x8 @ 7, but since 155 was too easy and 165 was too hard, you see what I did.

The Road to Elite - Week 1 - Day 5 - Sunday

Paused Feet-Up Bench:
7x3x245 @ RPE 5 - Feet on bench for first two sets, remaining five were feet in the air. This was a control slot and it went well.

Beltless SLDL - Straps:
3x12x275 @ RPE 7

A1 | Lat Pulldown - Neutral:
4x12x140

A2 | Band Triceps Pushdown:
4x20 @ Light

Barbell Curl w/ Foam Grip:
15x45
3x8x95
15x45

Calf Raise on Hack Squat:
3x15x180

DB Pec Fly:
3x15x15s

Not much to say about this one. I probably could have gone heavier on bench without any issues, but I wanted to be careful with my pecs since the ROM is so long relative to my competition form. But I kept a good amount of control and felt no pain at all.

The Road to Elite - Week 2 - Day 1

Deadlift w/ Belt:
1x405
1x455
1x495
1x545 @ 7.5 - Decent rep speed but not completely happy with form.
4x455 @ 6
4x6x475 @ 7-7.5

Beltless Front Squat:
4x6x245 @ 7.5 - Form held up really well today. RPE for these is based on my upper back more than my legs. Since this was the strength slot for the week, I moved it in front of the back squat variation.

Beltless Paused Squat:
8x2x315 @ 5 - 1 min rest time.

Lying Leg Curl:
3x10x125
+12x65 +12x40 - Dropset on last set

90/90 Crunch w/ Single Arm KB:
3x10/10x30

Conditioning - Stationary Bike:
20 cal warm up at level 10 (out of 25)
5 cal or 1:00 slow pace at 5
20 cal moderate sprint at 15
5 cal or 1:00 slow pace at 5
20 cal moderate sprint at 15
10 cal or 2:00 slow pace at 5
40 cal moderate sprint at 15
A few minutes of cool down at 5
15:00 of total work - 3.78 miles - 140 calories

I expected about 545 for my single today, so I’m okay with that number for now. I’d like to be hitting something in the 575-585 range at a 7.5 over the next couple of months. My groove wasn’t going very well on the singles, but it was really good on the sets with 475.

Regarding squats, I’m not sure if I’ll keep moving the strength slot in front of the control slot every time. Even if the back squat variation is in the control slot, it’s still more important than front squats for building my competition squat. But anyway, they both went well. I still hate front squats though.

The Road to Elite

Paused Foam Board Press:
4x5x315 @ 7

Paused Bench:
4x8x245 @ 7

Beltless Deadlift w/ Chains (+70):
4x6x365+70 @ 7 - RPE based on back pump mostly.

Iso-Lateral Cable Low Row:
4x15x160

Unilateral HS Wide Press:
3x15/15x70 - Literally every time I do this is single arm, I just never write it for some reason. I twist my legs away from the working arm to stretch the pec at the bottom. This is being used just for pec [p]rehab.

A1 | KB Rear Delt Raise:
3x20x20s

A2 | BB Jettison Curls w/ Band:
3x10/10/10 (Bar+Mini / Bar / Mini)

I think this was the first time having 315 in my hands since my last pec strain. It felt really heavy in my hands, but moved well. Still being pretty careful on the benching variations. The board/foam press is a potentially dangerous movement for my pecs if I’m not focused. But all went well and I’m happy with everything. My triceps were actually pretty fatigued when I was doing the 8s with 245, so I guess the board press worked.

The chain deadlift went well, but damn sets of 6 suck. I don’t know why I’m making myself do all these reps. Well, I do. But whyyy.