TC on Talk Radio

Just downloaded and listened to the MP3. Excellent interview.

Although I may have to disagree with the notion of men over 30 not wearing their baseball hats backwards. :wink: (see avatar to left)

That was the first time Iā€™ve heard you speak, TC. You sound a lot like the Rock.

Nice work T.C. We need more people that can step up like that and deliver a clear and inteligent message on topics like that.

[quote]TC wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
TC your knowledge and presentation is second to none. Especially like the mention of Brown-Sequard.

I did a piece on Charles E. Brown-Sequard for an assignment on performance enhancement.

The improvement in the arc of urine he documented was one of the most amusing aspects of his ā€˜discoveriesā€™. Thatā€™s a real one to bring up down the pub or over dinner. Also his explusion of fecal matter was more powerful than ever. Obviously these things were important to him, as heā€™d probably been bunged up for years.

For those who want to know ehat he found he originally commented ā€¦

"The day after the first subcutaneous injection, and still more after the two succeeding ones, a radical change took place in me.

I had regained at least all the strength I possessed a good many years ago.

My limbs, tested with a dynamometer, for a week before my trial and during the month following the first injection, showed a decided gain of strength.

I have had a greater improvement with regard to the expulsion of fecal matters than in any other function.

With regard to the facility of intellectual labour, which had diminished within the last few years, a return to my previous ordinary condition became quite manifest."

He was about 72 at the time.

Excellent! WIsh Iā€™d known about the fecal expulsion before I went on. Would have scorched a few eardrums!

[/quote]

The not so documented history of testosterone and steroids would make an amusing article to write, unless someone wrote one here already and I missed it.

Donā€™t know if you know this, apologise if you do, Brown-Sequard (canā€™t do the accent without it putting question marks) allegedly befriended a vetinerian who performed routine castrations of dogs.

He arranged to collect the testes of five healthy hounds who were recently castrated and took them to his lab. He ground them up with a pestle and mortar and collected the ā€˜juiceā€™ that ran out.

He measured the testosterone in it and diluted it, then injected it. He found the T levels of a Great Dane to be highest and those of a German Shepherd to be lowest.

[quote]TC wrote:
IronDude17 wrote:
Very cool interview and you definitely know what youā€™re talking about. But, I hear that steroids have a psychological effect which was not talked about on the show. So many people have psychological issues even though they are physically healthy. Any thoughts on the mental side effects?

Well, itā€™s true that coming off a cycle abruptly might lead to depression in some individuals.

However, parents who insist their teenagers killed themselves because of steroid depression should be listened to, politely, but then their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.[/quote]

Interesting point. I remember seeing a special True Life Series episode on MTV about steroid use. One of the people were parents of a healthy guy and said that he had suicidal thoughts which led to his death due to steroids. I understand how some can become depressed upon coming off of a cycle, but what do you believe is the real reason for suicide rates in correlation to steroid use? Bunch of crap? In other words, why take their opinions with a grain of salt? Once again, amazing interview and hopefully more will understand steroid use.

The steroids suicide thing seems to have similarities to the heavy metal causes suicides thing. I.E. its all way off being fact.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
Did he say steroid advocate enough times?[/quote]

Ah, you know talk-radio personalities. He was trying to be controversial.

Is it just me or does TCā€™s voice sound just like Tony Robbins.

Very well done. Hopefully you opened some eyes. Too bad you didnā€™t get a conservative housewife caller, shove your info up her ass and make her look like an idiot. Maybe next time.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
As the lone caller stated, you came off as far more intelligent than most people on the topic, and Iā€™m sure you cocked a few heads.

I admit that I was hoping for a little more caller controversy and a chance for you to beat down some of the crap that other listeners may have been thinking.

BTW-I knew you were a baseball fanatic, but maybe I lost sight of what that really meant.

Cheers[/quote]

Fanatic?

Fanatics are those guys who paint their chest with their teamā€™s colors.

That ainā€™t me.

Great interbiew TC!

What do you think the host thought of your perspective?

Also, what is that HBO real sports thing?

One more thing, Iā€™m still too young but how hard is it to obtain steroids without getting caught now?

Thanks.

You can get roids sent to your house with very little risk.

And great job TC!

Good job.

You presented your thoughts very well and it was excellent to hear someone in the public domain dispelling some myths.
I was also pleased that the host was not trying to vilify steroids or scaremonger.

Iā€™m not a steroid user and donā€™t foresee myself using them in the near future (never say never!!) but it still annoys me the BS that you see about them in the media.

Cheers

Stuey.

[quote]E-man wrote:
Is it just me or does TCā€™s voice sound just like Tony Robbins.
[/quote]

His voice sounds quite like Jesse Ventura, former governor of Minnesota.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
TC wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
TC your knowledge and presentation is second to none. Especially like the mention of Brown-Sequard.

I did a piece on Charles E. Brown-Sequard for an assignment on performance enhancement.

The improvement in the arc of urine he documented was one of the most amusing aspects of his ā€˜discoveriesā€™. Thatā€™s a real one to bring up down the pub or over dinner. Also his explusion of fecal matter was more powerful than ever. Obviously these things were important to him, as heā€™d probably been bunged up for years.

For those who want to know ehat he found he originally commented ā€¦

"The day after the first subcutaneous injection, and still more after the two succeeding ones, a radical change took place in me.

I had regained at least all the strength I possessed a good many years ago.

My limbs, tested with a dynamometer, for a week before my trial and during the month following the first injection, showed a decided gain of strength.

I have had a greater improvement with regard to the expulsion of fecal matters than in any other function.

With regard to the facility of intellectual labour, which had diminished within the last few years, a return to my previous ordinary condition became quite manifest."

He was about 72 at the time.

Excellent! WIsh Iā€™d known about the fecal expulsion before I went on. Would have scorched a few eardrums!

The not so documented history of testosterone and steroids would make an amusing article to write, unless someone wrote one here already and I missed it.

[/quote]

I included some cool stuff about the history of Testosterone in the following article:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-atomicdog-018

Throw some more info at me doc, if youā€™ve got it.

Thanks!

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
TC wrote:
IronDude17 wrote:
Very cool interview and you definitely know what youā€™re talking about. But, I hear that steroids have a psychological effect which was not talked about on the show. So many people have psychological issues even though they are physically healthy. Any thoughts on the mental side effects?

Well, itā€™s true that coming off a cycle abruptly might lead to depression in some individuals.

However, parents who insist their teenagers killed themselves because of steroid depression should be listened to, politely, but then their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

Interesting point. I remember seeing a special True Life Series episode on MTV about steroid use. One of the people were parents of a healthy guy and said that he had suicidal thoughts which led to his death due to steroids. I understand how some can become depressed upon coming off of a cycle, but what do you believe is the real reason for suicide rates in correlation to steroid use? Bunch of crap? In other words, why take their opinions with a grain of salt? Once again, amazing interview and hopefully more will understand steroid use.

[/quote]

The thing with peopleā€“teens in this caseā€“is that they occasionally kill themselves, leaving the survivors to speculate as to the cause.

If youā€™re a parent of a kid who used steroids and he kills himself, you probably blame the steroids when it could have been any number of things that led him to do it.

While itā€™s possible that it could have been caused by ā€œsteroid depression,ā€ itā€™s also possible that it was caused by some unrelated chemical brain imbalance.

Thatā€™s good stuff. great job TC.

[quote]TC wrote:

If youā€™re a parent of a kid who used steroids and he kills himself, you probably blame the steroids when it could have been any number of things that led him to do it.

While itā€™s possible that it could have been caused by ā€œsteroid depression,ā€ itā€™s also possible that it was caused by some unrelated chemical brain imbalance.
[/quote]

Or a combination of many small thingsā€¦

TC, you need to do this for a broader audience.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Oprah, that bitch, wouldnā€™t bite.

[quote]TC wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Oprah, that bitch, wouldnā€™t bite.
[/quote]

I just wrote the producers of the show telling them they should seriously contact you for an interview.

#1 itā€™s a controversial topic.

#2 steroids get so much bad press, someone needs to bring out the positive side of the coin for ā€œcontrolledā€ use of such a nice drug.

#3 itā€™s quite possible that steroids could increase the quality of life for millions of people in 2 categories, wholesale. People over 50 or so who wish to stay active may gain years on thier ability to be active. And people who work labor intensive jobs who go home and crash on the couch due to fatige from thier work could notice a significant increase of thier vitality away from work, which would probably lead to a happier fuller life with thier family and friends.

Anyways, you guys should all notify the producers that this would be a good idea, if we get enough of a voice, who knows.

V