TC Is a Bloody GENIUS

Don’t forget to be careful and act responsibly.

All we need is someone to have heart trouble because they were taking Spike with an ephedra stack and grapefruit juice…

And then they take away our Spike, and make it illegal.

So be careful while you play. Be responsible with yourself so we can keep playing, too.

Whilst on the subject of citrus fruits, Grapefruit peel contains something called Limonoids. Limonoids are whats known as Monoterpenes. Limonoids appear to have cardio-protective activities and also act like antibiotics in some circumstances. Monoterpenes in general are directly linked to the induction of both Phase I and Phase II detoxification enzymes in the liver.

These enzymes are basically involved in dealing with harmful and toxic substances.

Maltzman TH, et al. Effects of monoterpenes on in vivo DMBA-DNA adduct formation and on phase I hepatic metabolizing enzymes. Carcinogenesis 1991 Nov;12(11):2081-7.

Elegbede J, et al. Effects of anticarcinogenic monoterpenes on phase II hepatic metabolizing enzymes. Carcinogenesis 1993;14(6):1221-3.

[quote]Trogdor wrote:

Keep in mind that polyunsaturated fats (those touted as “healthy”) go rancid rapidly if not properly refrigerated, forming free-radicals and leading to increased cellular degredation. If your diet is high in potentially rancid PUFA’s, i’d stay clear of the grapefruit. [/quote]

Well PUFA 's as you put it may modify membrane fluidity. This may affect the function of liver microsomes that are rich in membranes.

Any anomalies in lipid components may alter intracellular transport while a lowered membrane fluidity may reduce substrate affinity for the P450 system.

However you generalise extensively and there are many unknown steps to relate lipids to oxidative metabolism.

i don’t get a chance to use Spike because i usually train in the evening and i need to sleep soon after the workouts. damn i’m jealous. any one try the stuff with HOT-ROX in the morning? laters pk

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
Trogdor wrote:

Keep in mind that polyunsaturated fats (those touted as “healthy”) go rancid rapidly if not properly refrigerated, forming free-radicals and leading to increased cellular degredation. If your diet is high in potentially rancid PUFA’s, i’d stay clear of the grapefruit.

Well PUFA 's as you put it may modify membrane fluidity. This may affect the function of liver microsomes that are rich in membranes.

Any anomalies in lipid components may alter intracellular transport while a lowered membrane fluidity may reduce substrate affinity for the P450 system.

However you generalise extensively and there are many unknown steps to relate lipids to oxidative metabolism.
[/quote]

You see, this is what I love about the nation. Any discussion (irrespective of topic) will rapidly degenerate into one of three things:
i) T&A (with pics)
ii) Partisan politics (with Bush bashing)
iii) Scientific discussion (with me running around for a dictionary)

I especially appreciate the latter. Great info.

I have seen a suplement out there that has a an extract from grapefruit for this specific purpose.

I can not find it now but wonder if it is effective

[quote]JNeves wrote:
I have seen a suplement out there that has a an extract from grapefruit for this specific purpose.

I can not find it now but wonder if it is effective[/quote]

Naragenin squeezy juice stuff ?