TBT + Weight Loss

Hi all,

First post, frequent reader. I’m finishing up the first week of CW’s TBT today, and I definitely feel like my muscles are getting worked well. I also have about 25+ lbs to lose, so I’ve been following the T-dawg diet rigidly, with a caloric deficit. At age 24, I’m 6’3" weighing 220 & I’ve started doing cardio 2-3 times a week, rotating between swimming, cycling, & running.

Am I setting myself up for frustration using this hypertrophy program while trying to lose excess fat at the same time? I’m not trying to ‘cut up’, just get in better shape & lose the spare tire. I know that at higher body fat percentages this is possible. I’ve also ordered some HOT-ROX Extreme to try out for the fat burning.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Try CW’s 10 x 3 For Fat Loss instead.

[quote]ejb wrote:
Hi all,

First post, frequent reader. I’m finishing up the first week of CW’s TBT today, and I definitely feel like my muscles are getting worked well. I also have about 25+ lbs to lose, so I’ve been following the T-dawg diet rigidly, with a caloric deficit. At age 24, I’m 6’3" weighing 220 & I’ve started doing cardio 2-3 times a week, rotating between swimming, cycling, & running.

Am I setting myself up for frustration using this hypertrophy program while trying to lose excess fat at the same time? I’m not trying to ‘cut up’, just get in better shape & lose the spare tire. I know that at higher body fat percentages this is possible. I’ve also ordered some HOT-ROX Extreme to try out for the fat burning.

Thoughts? Suggestions?[/quote]

I think it or any total body program is great for using when losing BF. Just listen to your body and adjust intake as needed and rest out of the gym as needed.

[quote]Phill wrote:
I think it or any total body program is great for using when losing BF. Just listen to your body and adjust intake as needed and rest out of the gym as needed. [/quote]

Amen.

Thanks for the input, guys.

That 10x3 for fat loss looks promising.
I think I may switch to that and save the TBT for when my main goal is actually strength/hypertrophy gains. The 3x a week workouts + all the cardio is leaving my quite sore otherwise.