TBT Training

Hi lads.

So far in my training, I’ve always trained in a body-split style. I’ve never trained using a TBT routine, so I am somewhat of a newbie in this area.

I recently decided to give TBT by Chad Waterbury. I will start tomorrow. However i have one question for anybody that knows.
He says to pick 4 from the compound list, and 2 from the single-joint list.

Saying this, do you generrally stick to the same movements for a couple of weeks to track your progress in those excercises(i.e. for week1-2, use the flat bench for chest, and barbell row for back,etc), or pick different excercises for each workout of each week(i.e. workout 1:flat bench, w/o 2:decline, w/o 3:incline)?

Sorry for long post. Any comments are much appreciated.

You’re going to have it set up like this:
Workout 1 Week 1 = Flat Bench
Workout 2 Week 1 = Incline
Workout 3 Week 1 = Decline
Workout 1 Week 2 = Flat Bench
Workout 2 Week 2 = Incline
Workout 3 Week 3 = Decline

Make sense?

The other exercises will be set up the same way.

[quote]mroseland wrote:
You’re going to have it set up like this:
Workout 1 Week 1 = Flat Bench
Workout 2 Week 1 = Incline
Workout 3 Week 1 = Decline
Workout 1 Week 2 = Flat Bench
Workout 2 Week 2 = Incline
Workout 3 Week 3 = Decline

Make sense?

The other exercises will be set up the same way.
[/quote]

Yup. Choose three different exercises for each workout in the week, then keep those three for either a month or 3 weeks, which ever CW suggests.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I started the program there on monday, as follows:
Flat Bench(905)
Deadlift(140
5)
Pulldown(756)
Military Press(65
5)
Dumbell Extension(455)
Front lateral raise(25
5)

Would like to know how you like the TBT program when you finished it. If you want you can give me a short PM or an response in this topic.

I did TBT training and alot of his other programs that are total body oriented and similar to TBT. You’ll love them at first but they will get stale quick have other programs (not TBT) on hand. Once you stop progressing switch it up (should be within a couple of months I regret not switching it up earlier). As far as picking excercies do what seems to work best for you.